N-Europe

Amazon reviews

Dog-amoto

Been having a right laugh at some of these. My favourite was the guy who was pleased with the extra large foil because he could finally cook his swan.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B003MAEDNA/cr3ation09-21

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Box-Canvas-Print-Paul-Ross/dp/B001N6W8U0/ref=sr_1_cc_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1302118620&sr=1-1-catcorr

Anybody seen any more? These are brilliant.

That packaging is pretty stupid though.

Also is anyone getting huge deja vu in this thread...?

Yup. I believe I made a thread exactly like it a while ago. But in the spirit of new threads, I thought I wouldn't mention it.

Looks like that plan went tits up.

These reviews do inspire me to get a Paul Ross canvas print.

Also, on the buy used and new for that amazing product:

"This item is not quite as illustrated due to significant wear and tear. Actually, my wife left me, took the canvas and left just the frame. However, if the £2,500 price tag is too much, but you still want to be close to greatness, then I can gladly send the frame to you for a signifcant discount of £80 off the RRP."

That packaging is pretty stupid though.
Yeah but lets say something only has two reviews. One is sensible, gives it 5 stars, great product. The other person complains because the product never arrived, or some marketplace seller screwed them over, and rates it one star, nothing to do with the quality of the item. Now in the listings you have an average review of 3 stars and people are likely to skip by a quality product.

Oh yeah, I'm totally not condoning reviews of things NOT related to the product, that's totally retarded. I'm just saying, that packaging IS pretty stupid. I'd never rate something bad because of it, unless it was welded shut and I needed a torch to open it or something.

Likewise I feel sorry the sellers who get bad feedback from people who just didn't enjoy the film or game.

I've seen people actually leave positve and neutral feedback like "delivery was really fast and it was a good price, but the film was disappointing". So unfair on the seller.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Original-Three-Wolf-Adult-T-Shirt/dp/B002DGFYFA

I brought the Three Wolf Moon T-shirt as a Christmas present for my flatmate. I have to say that, without a shadow of a doubt, it has entirely and fundamentally altered his life. His physical prowess, wit, charisma and attractiveness have excelled beyond all belief. Take this situation for example. Shortly after presenting my friend with the shirt we were all down the local pub having some drinks etc. Unfortuantly some rough looking ne'er-do-wells began causing a ruckus. Usually by flatmate shys away from any kind of confrontation so you can imagine my shock as he defiantly rose to his feet and shot a severe warning stare at the group of vagabonds. They began jesting and taunting my rotund companion, while some became physically threatening. I tried to pull him away but before I could he strode forward with calm, focused determination before suddenly dropping to his knees, thrusting his head skyward and with a mighty bestial roar ripped off his outer garments to reveal the Three Wolf Moon t-shirt (albeit slightly soiled). I swear to his day that as he did this I heard the distant sound of wolves howling. Needless to say the group of ruffians could not flee fast enough, the magestic, but terrifying image of three wolves howling at the moon seared into their very souls for all eternity. He calmy returned to his seat as all stared in silent awe. As I looked at him, slowly nodding to himself, I knew he was no longer a mere man but someone who had forged an unbreakable connection betwixt man and wolf howling at the moon. Following this incident over half the female population of the pub have announced unexpected pregnancies. Coincidence? I think not...

One a more negative note the shirt did take a long time to arrive, however I'm assuming this was due to the lengthy process of embueing the shirt with the shamanistic power of three wolfs (howling at the moon).

Likewise I feel sorry the sellers who get bad feedback from people who just didn't enjoy the film or game.

I've seen people actually leave positve and neutral feedback like "delivery was really fast and it was a good price, but the film was disappointing". So unfair on the seller.

They're not as bad as the Detailed Seller Ratings on eBay - those are very strict. We got a couple at work and I did loads of reports to work out who they came from. They left a 1/5 for dispatch time. In both cases their feedback was left4 days after they ordered (and that included a weekend) - they ordered on Saturday and got it on Monday (and our listings clearly state that no orders are sent out over a weekend).

Because of these we missed out on the Top Rated Seller status and an extra 10% eBay discount (about £50).

The most annoying things about these ratings is they're just ratings and not feedback - how do you improve/sell problems if there is no way to find out what the problem is.

I'm just saying, that packaging IS pretty stupid.
If you just get up and get a pair of scissors it's fine. Those plastic vacuum formed cases which are pressed and melted closed are not supposed to be pried open by hand, you cut three sides off and voila.

If you just get up and get a pair of scissors it's fine. Those plastic vacuum formed cases which are pressed and melted closed are not supposed to be pried open by hand, you cut three sides off and voila.

I'm pretty sure Amazon themselves advice the use of this packaging:

House-KohlsScissors.jpg

Anyone else get such tempting recommendations?

Recommendations.jpg

Sue Pollard for only £40? Very tempting indeed. Also comes highly recommended in their reviews.

Wow. I thought I'd seen it all with the Paul Ross print but MirrorPrintStore have excelled themselves once again by producing a truly fantastic canvas of my favourite female celebrity!

I have just placed an order for 2 prints of the esteemed actress; one for myself (obviously) and one for the small Ethiopian village of Hamer. I regularly donate £2 a month by Direct Debit to Oxfam so that they can catch their own fish, this has now been cancelled so that they can savour the splendour of Sue Pollard in her pomp for a whole lifetime!

• 3 weeks later...

Had to bump for this

I knew my day was going to improve when the truck pulled up at my home with this cable deep within. No ordinary truck, this one was Holy White, and the gold Delivery logo sparkled like a thousand suns reflected through shards of the purest ice formed with unadulterated water collected at the beginning of the universe. The driver, clad in a robe colored the softest of white, floated towards me on the cool fog of a hundred fire extinguishers. He smiled benevolently, like a father looking down upon his only child, and handed me a package wrapped in gold beaten thin to the point where you could see through it. I didn't have to sign, because the driver could see within my heart, and knew that I was pure. Upon opening the package, an angelic choir started to sing, and reached a crescendo as I laid this cable on my stereo system. Instantly, my antiquated equipment transformed into components made from the clearest diamond-semiconductor. The cable knew where to go, and hooked itself into the correct ports without help from me - all the while, the choir sang praises to the almighty digital god. With trepidation, I pushed "play," and was instantly enveloped in a sound that echoed the creation of all matter, a sound that vibrated every cell in my body to perfection. I was instantly taken to the next plane, where I saw the all-father. I knew with my entire soul, that all was good in the world.

But then I realized the cable was blue, so I only gave it one star. I hate blue.

from this product