N-Europe

Resident Evil: Revival

Hero-of-Time

People really want to buy this for achievements? :blank:

It's not that hard to believe. It's just another reason to...

oh my lawd, I'm actually going to stop mid-online-sentence to exclaim my happiness: I just remembered Mercenaries mode with Krauser and Hunk! Sweet! Can't wait to play those again, who cares about the graphics :D

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

US Press: Resident Evil 4 and Code Veronica Releasing This Autumn, as Downloadable Games

To kick off the 15th anniversary of Resident Evil®, Capcom®, a leading worldwide developer and publisher of video games today announced that the highly acclaimed Resident Evil® 4 and Resident Evil Code: Veronica® X will be released as downloadable titles for the Xbox 360®video game and entertainment system from Microsoft and PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system. Scheduled for release this fall, both titles have been enhanced with upgraded visuals as they make their debut on high-definition consoles.

Resident Evil 4 , which received numerous “Game of the Year” awards when it debuted and currently stands as one of the best-reviewed games of all time with an incredible 96 ranking on MetaCritic, challenges you to experience it all over again with support for trophies and achievements along with the visual upgrades.

As Leon Kennedy, players will explore a town overrun by cultists, mutants and mind-controlled villagers as they unravel the mystery of Resident Evil 4. Also, this release will contain all the bonus content available in previous versions of Resident Evil 4, including the Separate Ways epilogue.

In Resident Evil Code: Veronica X, the year is 1998, three months since the total destruction of Raccoon City and Claire Redfield is still in search of her missing brother Chris. While investigating an Umbrella facility in Paris, Claire is captured and transported to the remote Rockfort Island, where she awaits her death.

Then an inexplicable air raid hits the island, and though this frees Claire, it also accidentally releases t-virus samples and B.O.W.s, which thrust Claire back into the world of survival horror once again. Claire teams up with a fellow inmate Steve Burnside, but insane island commander Alfred Ashford and his evil sister Alexia set their sights on ending the duo with their sick and demented games.

The Resident Evil franchise, which pioneered the horror genre in video games, has sold over 45 million units since 1996 and spawned a series of successful motion pictures that have grossed over $750 million worldwide. The Resident Evil brand has also expanded into action figures, comic books, novels, apparel, beverages and more. As part of the 15th anniversary, Resident Evil fans will get a chance to celebrate the past, present and future of the franchise with exclusive apparel and merchandise, in addition to games like Resident Evil 4, Resident Evil Code: Veronica X, Resident Evil®: The Mercenaries, Resident Evil®: Revelations and other surprises.

re4_comparisonscreen1_2ybi.jpg

re4_comparisonscreen2_6a44.jpg

re4_comparisonscreen3_dl6t.jpg

re4_comparisonscreen4_jz11.jpg

re4_comparisonscreen5_hxz8.jpg

Edited by Dante

WTF is with these comparison pics?!

RE4 isn't a continuous blur on the Gamecube/PS2 FFS!

I was just thinking that I didn't remember my TV being smeared with Vasoline while playing this originally.

Wasn't the PC version done by Ubisoft and utterly awful?

I'm not sure who handled the actual port, but Ubisoft published the PC version.

And it was awful, no mouse support except with a fan made patch and terrible graphics except with fan made patches.

C:V on GC pad was painful but do-able. If anything the difficulty of the game is balanced with the controls. Trying to turn and run from the enemies is part of teh fear. C:V has loads of unlockable extras, including a 1st person mode of the game. Kinda :P Wouldn't mind playing this and RE4 again at all... but my first thought when I saw this was "hey cool this'll be a nice cheap game to buy 2nd hand a year later" then... Carpet. Pulled.

Downloadable games :( Foreverexpensive. Lame.

Just noticed the download thing (should read thread better shouldn't i!?). That means hardly any achievements and no lowering of price over time :(
There are special offers on downloadable content all the time. Whilst the price might not drop gradually over time, you can often get points for bargain prices or wait for a holiday deal or similar.

And as jay says, I expect this will be an 'on demand' title, not XBLA.

I hadn't really paid thought to that; if XBLA-released then sure, little achieveys, but surely if it's a Game On Demand then there will be the full 1000G? Are we ensured that they'll both be released as one download?

Bleh.

There are special offers on downloadable content all the time. Whilst the price might not drop gradually over time, you can often get points for bargain prices or wait for a holiday deal or similar.

And as jay says, I expect this will be an 'on demand' title, not XBLA.

It didn't even enter my head that it could be an on demend title! Still hope then, haha.

Yeah true but it it unlikely that the prices would go as cheap as it where a retail disc! :/ Just have to wait and see how much it retails for! Hopefully it shall be a good price.

It is a disk release in Japan so feasibly Microsoft could make an exception to the rules.

Personally I'm holding out for a Platinum Trophy per game. Several of the more 'premium' PSN games have them — such as Trine or WipEout HD — and all the other HD PS2 games have one per game. And it isn't about the Trophies per se, more the structure and incentive such a reward system puts in place: it'll be nice to have an excuse to 100% RE4 again, and with the sheer number of games out there I do sometimes need one.

I'd be more inclined to agree with you Caris if the screens they posted indicated going beyond 720p at all.

Though, I still do find that to be a good point the amount of blurriness seems more in line with 720p rather than 1080p.

Oh my god i thought this was a new resi game. :red:

I'm sick of looking at RE4, whored all over the place! It's a good game. Let it rest in peace for goodness sake, Capcom you dirty whores.

Ok... i'm sorry Capcom. Just make a RE6 that's nothing like 5, and everything will be fine.

Or make a RE2 remake... *faints at thought*