N-Europe

Super Mario 3D Land

• Replies 670
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You need to finish every level with both characters to unlock the final bonus level. Flags and Star Coins are shared between characters.

Are we talking every standard and special level or just the special levels?

I know I could just google it but way too lazy to do that much reading...a one word reply will suffice lol.

• 6 months later...

Sorry for thread bump but I've started playing through this again recently ready for 3D World in December.

I have to say though, I really cannot get to grips with the controls? I've obviously played through it before and my memory of it was that its fuckin incredible, but I just cannot get used to the run/jump buttons being preset to Y/X B/A.

I am nearly on world 3 and have lost so many lives trying to run and jump only to not make the next ledge and fall to my death. I can't even remember the way I played it last time but its making it really difficult for me to play it.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I've been playing this again over the last couple of weeks in anticipation of Super Mario 3D World, which I'll hopefully have by Christmas :yay:

It's still such a great game :grin: Having to clear every level with Luigi as well as Mario may at first seem like a poor way of prolonging the game but all I have left to do is run through a few more worlds with Luigi to finish it all 100% again and I'm loving racing through the levels to see what shortcuts I can take as Kitsune Luigi :yay:

My mouth is watering for Mario's latest Wii U outing :bouncy:

• 1 month later...

HOLY DAMN THIS GAME IS DA BUSINESS!

Completed the first 'playthrough' so to speak and it's so damn good, so damn tight!

I think NINTENDO needs to start mastering other franchises first before they even consider going back to Mario again!

They've nailed him so many times he must be hurting an awful lot by now :laughing:

Any tips for which order to do the bosses in on the Boss Mode level? I keep running out of time on the last one!

Assuming this was meant for the 3D World thread, any order is fine. A tip for the Hisstocrat (and his wife?) section, when you jump on one do your best to land on the other straight away, saves a huge amount of time.

Any tips for which order to do the bosses in on the Boss Mode level? I keep running out of time on the last one!

If you DO mean SMW3D...

I'm sure I did it in the following order:

Hisstocrat - get cat suit(s). Use the advice above (hit two at once)

Rolling rock dude. Get. Hit in straight away.

Square fence guy who falls face down. Run straight up to him, then hit him. Then stand in middle, then middle right square. Quick and easy.

All the rest are pretty easy. Last one can take some time. Just go for the main boss. Ignore blobs.

That's what worked for me...

• 3 years later...

Better or worse?

I always thought 3D Land looked surprisingly nice visually for a 3DS game but given the crazy pop in here I guess they were just really clever with camera angles and placement of objects.

It's a neat idea but they'd have to change Mario's movement to really make an enjoyable 3D game out of it. I wonder, is this actually running on a 3DS? Or just PC software?

I always thought 3D Land looked surprisingly nice visually for a 3DS game but given the crazy pop in here I guess they were just really clever with camera angles and placement of objects.

It's a neat idea but they'd have to change Mario's movement to really make an enjoyable 3D game out of it. I wonder, is this actually running on a 3DS? Or just PC software?

It's fairly standard to have objects not displayed if they are off screen. the pop in is just when mario is close enough for them to be viewable. they could probably hack a bit more to remove the pop in, but yeah it may well require more powerful hardware or result in a reduced frame rate.