N-Europe

Who likes Heights?

Brian Mcoy

Stumbled on this a while ago -- absolutely horrible! Probably worse than a vid I posted ages ago of some dudes doing chin-ups on a crane. Hate how videos can make you feel as if you're really there. Hands were sweating when I watched this. Does he mention how much he gets paid for it?

I haven't had to yet, but there are occasions where for my job I'll be climbing 200 feet into the air to work. So far I haven't had to climb more than about 30 though. I do prefer ground work though, because well it's on the ground and it's usually less of a pain to get to where one needs to be compared to on scaffolds.

Watching that video, I really have a sudden urge to just jump. I love heights. I love rollercoasters and watching people jump from a plane or bungee jump. I'd love to do that one day.

That's a feeling I recognise. I have a fascination with the idea of a free fall (with measurements taken to prevent me from dying, of course), like a bungee or parachute jump. If I can muster enough courage, I'd love to try one or the other once.

I do have a phobia of heights, but I'm generally ok with it. I like to see how close I can get to the edges of high things before I completely freak out.

I'm also not fond of being up ladders, but I still tend to go up them when urbexing. I'd only regret it if I didn't.

I love heights they're exhilirating!

I've been rock climbing quite a bit but not for a while unfortunately... I'll have to get back to it.

Funnily enough though, I don't enjoy rollercoasters... I find them a bit, well, boring really! They don't give any excitement I find. I think the problem is that you see te track ahead of you so you know what's coming, plus they're just so safe, they lack a certain thrill.