N-Europe

Grand Theft Auto 5

Happenstance

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tuesday releases with Shopto though you tend to receive on the Tuesday

Everytime i've had dealings with Shopto, the game has arrived a day before release. Last game i bought was Pikmin, that arrived on the Thursday. So at the least, i'm expecting GTA to arrive on the Monday.

So, has anyone read about how this cost $170 MILLION to make and market?

http://www.vg247.com/2013/09/09/gta-5-most-expensive-game-in-history-cost-170-million-to-make-market/

...how?! O.o

Well, they gotta pay them gangsta's innit!!!!

(yeah, i'll leave now).

They've used actual gangsters to voice some characters in-game and pay various music licenses as well most likely.

So, has anyone read about how this cost $170 MILLION to make and market?

http://www.vg247.com/2013/09/09/gta-5-most-expensive-game-in-history-cost-170-million-to-make-market/

...how?! O.o

It's such a massive game and they've been making it for years. According to The Huffington Post they have had 300 developers working on it for 5 years. Let's say that all of them get paid an average of £50,000 a year that is £75,000,000 alone.

It's projected to make over £1bn in sales so its more than worth the investment. Shares in the publisher have doubled in the last year because of this game.

GeForce in Glasgow told me yesterday to try coming in on Monday and they might be able to sell it.

With other games they sold around 4 days early so I'm going to try Friday and Saturday too. Work nearby so Friday is no problem. Will be checking Reddit and Twitter for the Saturday release!

Gameplay leaks

:( Want this now.

Still don't know whether I should pre-order from Amazon, which will guarantee a release-day delivery, but would cost me 5€ more, due to age rating shit; or wake up early, drive to a local store and hope for the best. :hmm:

Could use a gift voucher I got for trading in games with Amazon, so the balance is a bit in favour of Amazon.

Edit: Got my latest gift voucher -> pre-ordered

Now...the wait...

Edited by drahkon

Had the emails from Shopto, account charged and order is processing. C'maan dispatch email, then i know there is a day to wait for the game. I'm good friends with a chap at the Royal Mail sorting office near me, the last big(ish) game i pre-ordered which was ordered by GAME to the Royal Mail to hold until release day, he gave me it earlier on his way home. So hopefully it's the same again, got 4 days off work from 6:30pm tomorrow.

Had the emails from Shopto, account charged and order is processing. C'maan dispatch email, then i know there is a day to wait for the game. I'm good friends with a chap at the Royal Mail sorting office near me, the last big(ish) game i pre-ordered which was ordered by GAME to the Royal Mail to hold until release day, he gave me it earlier on his way home. So hopefully it's the same again, got 4 days off work from 6:30pm tomorrow.

Bullshit how did he get away with that? I also have a friend who works for Royal Mail and each one of such packages is counted in and out to ensure they are all held so they would have noticed one missing.

Gameplay leaks

:( Want this now.

Still don't know whether I should pre-order from Amazon, which will guarantee a release-day delivery, but would cost me 5€ more, due to age rating shit; or wake up early, drive to a local store and hope for the best. :hmm:

Could use a gift voucher I got for trading in games with Amazon, so the balance is a bit in favour of Amazon.

Edit: Got my latest gift voucher -> pre-ordered

Now...the wait...

We live in different countries, I know, but the small shop near my office (which has a reputation for selling games early) said they are getting loads in and there is no need to pre-order. I wouldn't worry about not getting a copy.