N-Europe

PlayStation Vita Console Discussion

Aneres11

I got into the Killzone Mercenary beta they just started the rollout. Multiplayer only beta. My impressions are positive. It looks like a mix of KZ3 and KZ2 in terms of style. Looks stunning technically. Amazing its on a handheld.

The online is not like KZ2 or KZ3 however. There is no traditional warzone mode as far as I can tell. Its all Mercenary stuff. Only 8 players so maybe thats why. Controls are superb for a handheld. Touch is used well and can also be turned off. You can turn off on screen elements including notifications. It plays very well too. Controls feel good. Its certainly not like most fps. You buy weapons and stuff from BlackJack the arms dealer. It seems to be designed around being replayable. You log in and get a new card each day. There are rotating discounts with deal of the day etc.

Anyhow all of you should find out soon.

I finally finished Gravity Rush yesterday. I've been playing it on and off over the past few weeks as it's the perfect title to dip in and out of, due to the mission structure of the game.

I finished it yesterday morning and wasn't sure if I would be able to do all the challenges for the platinum but I managed to do it before the day was over, even if some were a little annoying.

I'm still not sure what was really going on with the story as it got a little crazy at times. The gameplay was really enjoyable though and it was even better once I had certain abilities maxed out and was flying around the place like a mad woman.

I may get the DLC as I have enjoyed the game so much. Has anyone on here bought the DLC? If so, is it worth it?

Sequel please, Sony!

I'm not sure what to start playing next. I may fire up Little Kings Story as Pikmin 3 has left me wanting to play more cartoon style RTS games. :D

I decided to start Assassins Creed:Liberation last night and man is it a glitchy mess. I know most the AC games are all a bit glitchy but this one seems to be the worst.

The game crashed on me at one point and I had to restart it. There was a mission that I needed to restart because the prompt didn't appear on an item I needed to inspect. The framerate is also all over the place.

I've brought my Vita to work with me to download the patch ( no Wifi at home ) so hopefully it will make the game more stable.

The first three Shin Megami Tensei: Persona games are on sale via PSN. :)

*Persona = £7.00

Persona 2 = £11.00

Persona 3 = £11.00

Just happened to notice this last night, so naturally I am downloading them now. :D

*Prices approximate, additionally Playstation Plus members get an extra 50 pence off or something, offer runs for about 2 weeks.

I just completed my NG+ on Persona 4 Golden. My clock is at 145hr+ and I still didn't get all the trophies. I should've read the list first, I probably could've gotten Hardcore Risette Fan quite easily, but I power-levelled at the beginning and wound up doing most of the game with a level 99 Futsunushi :p Which means Rise's comments are only along the lines of "It's puny! Use ice on it", "That one's easy, use fire" and none of the other end of the scale (the trophy is to hear 250 different lines from Rise during battle, in one playthrough).

It was great the second time through, I'm actually glad I failed to max out Marie and my compendium the first time, that meant a whole new dungeon and also a new boss on my second play.

Still undecided as to whether I should give it one more run through for those last couple of trophies or move on to P3P :blush:

Vita software update today is pretty great. Adds a smartphone style toggles menu on holding the PS button, to control 3G, wifi, brightness, volume etc.. Found myself heading into the menu mid-game for those things a few times, so a welcome addition :)

• 2 weeks later...

Very much looking forward to Rogue Legacy :D I played the PC demo but never got round to buying it, it's much better suited for the Vita!

Btw, anyone been able to register their Killzone Mercenary beta key yet? The email said after the store update on the 20th, but it wasn't doing anything late last night.