Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

PlayStation Vita Console Discussion

Aneres11

Because it was the newest PSN PS1 game released and someone made a cockup. The game doesn't actually run yet (it just throws up a "File is Corrupt" error message)

BTW, I just tried out Adhoc Party for the first time properly yesterday (I had given it a quick go back when I had a PSP a few years back, but only dicked around and couldn't really figure out how it worked), wow! I'm amazed at how well it works! It's a bit laggy, as you'd expect from tunnelling software, but both MHFU and Dissidia 012 are perfectly playable!

Makes me mad that Nintendo haven't made an equivalent for local multi only DS games :mad:

Yes it is awesome...I tried it for the tinyiest amount of time with which ever version of monster hunter I have, just a shame no one to play with.

Yes it is awesome...I tried it for the tinyiest amount of time with which ever version of monster hunter I have, just a shame no one to play with.

You should go back and try again. It's out in English now and there's usually plenty of people on there (and almost all of them are playing MHFU - with a few Dissidia players on the side) Works perfectly on Vita too (though it doesn't work with native Vita games, only PSP ones) I've even seen some MHP3 rooms on the English one!

The Japanese one is pretty much just MHFU, MHP3 (it even has it's own dedicated section!) and a few Peace Walker players.

So Mortal Kombat has been shipped and got a great review with IGN. Can't wait!!!

Vita talk and news is pretty slack lately on here, as a genuine question I wondered what people thought about the system now we've all had it since launch etc.

Vita talk and news is pretty slack lately on here, as a genuine question I wondered what people thought about the system now we've all had it since launch etc.

I haven't got one personally (nor do I want one :heh:) but my brother has had one since launch and I haven't seen him on it since that first week ::shrug:

Edited by nekunando

Still playing Everybody's Golf regularly and am looking forward to update 1.04 for it. Too bad none of you fuckers play it - you have no taste in games! :(

banana-sad-face.jpg

Sad-Face.jpg

sad_puppy_762581.jpg

Anyone else picking this up for some online fatalities?

Just ordered it after reading some reviews.

So Mortal Kombat has been shipped and got a great review with IGN. Can't wait!!!

I love it - one thing I've noticed is if your playing a game that your engrossed in you completely forget it's on a handheld, if that isn't high praise I don't know what is!

So Mortal Kombat on Plastation Vita is - really fucking good.

I've had some problems with Mortal Kombat games in the past but this just plays beautifully with intuitive controls and a constant smooth as silk 60fps.

Theres a rather lengthy story mode with a shit ton of cutscenes and the cheesy storylines you know and love.

Not one tower in this game but 2 and they are huge!

Huge roster of playable characters including Kratos and Freddy Kruger.

Ridculous amount of unlocks in the Krypt - including game codes, artwork, soundtracks, extra finishing moves, retro costumes etc etc.

Online is also very impressive - it's a bit bare bones but is flawless in execution. Played with a French fella earlier and he finished me off with a Babality so those must unlock too.

Basically it's another great title for your Vita and I got it for £23 so it's all good.

I'm with Cookyman, Mortal Kombat is absolutely excellent. And it seems incredibly well balanced too. The storyline is absolutely huge, and although it is ridiculous it's actually a great mode that I'm loving. Although I sort of wish characters unlocked as you played through for further incentives, you do unlock extra fatalists and costumes so that's at least something; and the way the story (and tower) works is introducing you to knew characters each time so that's always refreshing.

Only played online once (tried another time but wouldn't log on to anyone) and it took quite a while to find someone which is worrying, but was good fun. Is voice chat always activated then as I'm sure I could hear chaos in the guys house... And it boots you out after one game, which is a shame as it takes so long to match up I wouldn't mind the player choosing whether they want another fight or not.

Fancy a match tonight @Cookyman?!

Is the Vita game the same as the PS3 game? (albeit with the DLC included)

Yes! it's also got a 2nd tower - which utilises the touchscreen and gyroscopes in the vita so it's basically the ultimate version of Mortal Kombat.

Yes! it's also got a 2nd tower - which utilises the touchscreen and gyroscopes in the vita so it's basically the ultimate version of Mortal Kombat.

I wouldnt say that, theyve had to downscale the graphics a bit (apparently most obvious on the chests during story mode and they removed the lobby system from online matches.

I wouldnt say that, theyve had to downscale the graphics a bit (apparently most obvious on the chests during story mode and they removed the lobby system from online matches.

Yeah the graphics are pretty weak actually. Not that I care. It's when the story mode goes from the cut-scene to the in-game graphics, it tries to do it seamlesslessly but the hit in graphics is pretty bad.

I don't think it's been mentioned in this thread, but Unit 13 is really decent. As with Zipper games past it could certainly benefit from more personality in the presentation, but the actual structure is very neat.

The core mechanics aren't too far off the recent SOCOM, but the game itself is broken up into manageable missions of varying types — stealth, timed, assassination, etc — with the player able to choose which operative and equipment they use, each with different strengths and weaknesses. Your aim is to earn a 5 star rating for each mission, unlocking High Value Targets — bosses, in a literal but not so much mechanical sense — upon reaching a set number of overall stars.

As you might infer, the game is very score-based with most actions — such as headshots, melee kills or maintaining stealth — leading to multipliers that tick down. The various characters give you numerous ways to approach missions, however, with a typical XP system unlocking new abilities and equipment.

The game only seems to have a handful of environments, but each mission does a good job of mixing up where you go and what you face within each. I've also found the AI to be really good, which is to say it's just on the enjoyable side of dumb: they don't magically know where you are once alerted, instead converging on where they last saw you, with the rules of stealth being pleasingly consistent.

If you can find a copy for under £25 I'd definitely recommend it. It's a good fit for the portable format, although I could see something similar doing really well as a PS3/360 downloadable title, too.