NEurope
Aneres11

PlayStation Vita Console Discussion

Decided to put this through my company to claim 20% vat back as a way of making it cheap enou to justify buying something I don't really want/need

Anyone read any reviews of virtua tennis? Out of the offers this game is the one that appeals to me the most

Decided to put this through my company to claim 20% vat back as a way of making it cheap enou to justify buying something I don't really want/need

There's an even cheaper option: don't buy one at all.

Why would you drop ?200 on something you don't want? Madness.

wait what? you can do that?! where do you work that will allow you to order a games console through them?

219-20% so around ?177 thats not bad if it works

wait what? you can do that?! where do you work that will allow you to order a games console through them?

I would presume that "My Company" implies that he's the boss, and he's passing this off as a "business expense".

There's an even cheaper option: don't buy one at all.

Why would you drop ?200 on something you don't want? Madness.

Well obviously I kind of do want one, I just worry about the software out. The price and its future. I guess I'm just very intrigued by it and its potential.

The fact I can get one for cheap makes it even more appealing, I guess I just know I should probably wait but I'm impatient and I can afford it so why not.

Can you just claim VAT back on anything?

Yeah if the company buys it. Which it will :) I don't do it enough to be honest.

Yeah cubes right, its my company so can put anything through I want. Makes it much more appealing as a purchase at that price.

Yeah if the company buys it. Which it will :) I don't do it enough to be honest.

If you do it too much, you could be found out and be done for fraud.

If Harry can get away with it I can.

It's almost impossible, I know people who put their house's and weekly shopping through. I own a design company so putting vitas, iPads and such through isn't even remotely dodgy!

You guys judging people for custom firmwaring, now would be a more suitable time to be morally outraged. :p

Would be typical, I get sent down for saving ?40 on a vita...

You guys judging people for custom firmwaring, now would be a new suitable time to be morally outraged. :p

You on about me :) Nothing wrong with what I'm doing (wish I never said anything now). I'm buying it to see if I want to design games for it... ;)

I've taken a 50% pay cut, I employ people, my companies do shit loads of community and charity work, the least I can do is not pay VAT on a play station vita :D

I think I'll wait a few months, my staff discount starts again in April because assuming my place of work is gonna be stocking it then I can get 10% off plus I can use whatever voucher(s) there might be at that time hopefully.

Plus I don't really want one just yet even though the likes of Unch and Super Stardust are very tempting launch titles...

I walked by my local Game Station this afternoon and looked in as I passed - what was in there? Only a Vita!! To play!

So I wandered in, and had a quick go! I say quick - it was like 2 minutes lol coz my sister was getting pissed off.

Anyway all I did was have a go of the Virtua Tennis demo (my pre-ordered game through Amazon) and it was fantastic.

The graphics were unbelievable. The match I played was on a clay court and the way the court became quickly marked as the players scampered across the baseline and up the court, were just brilliant. The character animations were very good too and if I'm honest the whole very short experience didn't feel like a handheld one at all.

To me that is a good thing. It wasn't until I took my eyes off the screen I realised it was a handheld and I wasn't sat at home on my bed in front of my tv... :grin:

Couldn't really hold it properly as it was bolstered onto the display stand but I was pretty impressed with the analogue sticks - much better than the original PSP (which we all knew anyway) and the buttons were nice to press. It is a very sexy piece of kit.

Last thing I can tell you about is the screen. And all I can say is wow. It's phenomenal. Clear, crisp, bright and MASSIVE. If developers can start making games that use the touch screen alone rather than tacking some touch controls on then they will no doubt have great success as it's so freaking big!

I have my pre-order in, but have been a little on the fence what with there not being loads of info on the launch titles over here yet. However after my very quick play today - that pre-order is staying. Roll the fuck on Feb 22! :bouncy:

So virtua was good then? Thats the game I'm probably going to get. Is it online does anyone know?

well Dazzy if you can do that then good on you!

although i'd be tempted to delete all these posts as a precaution

(tax in this country is far too high especially given the massive markup we get compared to the rest of the world)

Im not doing anything illegal so I'll be fine :) My company can buy anything it wants, doesn't have to be justified. Would only be an issue if I also claimed it off my personal tax.

20% is high, but remember a lot of the rest of the worlds prices is BEFORE their own tax.

Dazzy, if you're really a lovely bloke, you'll let the entire forum purchase The Vita through you, and they can reimburse you the money minus the deduction. ;)

Done. Though 15% off and I keep 5% as a handling fee.

Now this is probably moving in to illegal territory!

I'm going to claim the VAT back too! I'll write a letter to the IR today, saying I need the money for other things.

Digital 1st Party prices revealed.

Sony has confirmed the UK pricing for first-party digital-only PlayStation Vita games.

Five games have been readied for digital release by Sony in time for Vita's 22nd February launch.

Here's the list and price:

?Escape Plan: ?9.99

?Top Darts: ?6.49

?Hustle Kings: ?6.49

?Super Stardust: Delta: ?6.49

?MotorStorm RC: ?4.79

Escape Plan is an eye-catching, stylised side-scrolling platform puzzle game. Top Darts does exactly what it says on the tin. Hustle Kings is a 3D pool sim. Super Stardust: Delta is the latest in Housemarque's popular arcade shooter series, and MotorStorm RC is a Micro Machines-esque version of the PlayStation-exclusive off-road rally game.

You can access the PlayStation Store direct from the Vita to download these games.

I have avoided any info on the Vita not to tempt me, why did i come into this thread?!

I am gonna wait though - the price has got to come down surely.