NEurope
Aneres11

PlayStation Vita Console Discussion

Must... resist... pre-order...

Tell me about it. I got burned buying the 3DS at launch so i'm trying to hold off getting a Vita til later down the line. I REALLY want Uncharted and maybe Everybody's Golf but that's about it. I will probably end up picking one up when more games arrive, like Disgaea and Gravity Rush.

I had a try of the Vita on Friday. I popped into GAME and seen they had one running FIFA. The game looked amazing, it was like having the 360/PS3 version in the palm of my hand. I did find the control sticks a little fiddly, don't know what it was about them, maybe they felt too small ::shrug: Other than that, it really feels and looks like a sexy piece of kit.

Hmmm decisions decisions, I'm tempeted but I have a feeling its going to drop price in a few months. Everybodys Golf on it looks amazing and I adored the PS3 version but I think I'll hold off for a bit longer. If I could get the system a decent sized memory card and and a good game for £200 then I'd be more tempted.

Edited by Cookyman

I think what has pushed me to pre-ordering is just the knowing that I will get one of these eventually.

And if that means it starts to gather a bit of dust after the initial month or 2 of launch then so be it. I haven't touched my 360 in about 3 months as I have been playing my 3DS loads due to all of the amazing games we've been treated to.

It's just what happens when you have more than one console.

Can't see a price drop anytime soon either and if there is one I can't see it being that big as it is a high end piece of kit I think.

Seems like Amazon france and Germany have better offers than the UK places.

I will probably buy after launch but want to get the 3G version for the geo location features. Right now its not the best timing for me but maybe I can fit in this spring/summer? I didnt get the PSP at launch anyhow.

I doubt there will be any price drop for quite sometime until into next year at best given the currency situation. Plus Japanese sales are ok considering the price and the fact it should make a profit sooner than most Sony consoles do. Personally i want to enjoy new hardware sooner than later. I used to get consoles late back in the day and regret doing that.

Funnily enough despite 3DS selling huge, its still not selling enough given the lowish price. Nintendo missed their targets by quite abit and software sales are quite low, not to mention bad luck with the Yen.

Edited by Choze

I'd like to know how crazy Nintendo's targets were...despite all their marketing mistakes, pricing issues, lack of brilliant games (until recently) and them reporting that they've not met their targets...

...it's still sold more than the original DS (and every other handheld, I believe) at the same point in it's life.

Tempted....must resist I'm in the same place as @Cookyman if I could get it for £200 I would get it without a doubt but hmmmm....amazon still the best bundle out there right?

Tempted....must resist I'm in the same place as @Cookyman if I could get it for £200 I would get it without a doubt but hmmmm....amazon still the best bundle out there right?

If you could get it for £200, then you'd still have to spend £15-£30 on a memory card.

If you could get it for £200, then you'd still have to spend £15-£30 on a memory card.

I mean all in...so basically I'm waiting for a price drop.....although I have the bundle in my amazon basket waiting to click order lol

I mean all in...so basically I'm waiting for a price drop.....although I have the bundle in my amazon basket waiting to click order lol

If it's in your basket then you've pretty much bought it. Just do it.

Join us.

tumblr_lyxab9kgzd1r48yc2o1_400.gif

tumblr_lysi7yVwh21r95qamo1_500.gif

if i could get it for £200 with a game and a decent memory card i'd pre-order now

but alas i suspect it will be Christmas before that happens, unless sales are as dire here as Japan (post initial sales)

EDIT LOL at daft's gifts surprisingly effective at making me want to pre-order

I mean seriously. What are those graphics about?!!! Lighting is insane!.

It looks soooo pretty!

Ugh, I really want one but more for the hardware than actual games as not many of them interest me, Super Stardust does (obviously) coz SSDHD was like amazing!!!

I have like a super backlog of games I want to buy on the other consoles as well, hmm.

Perhaps I should go and win big on the lottery, quit my job and just play games to catch up? lol.

Is the RRP both the retail and download price?

Edit: Then again, it may be best leaving the space for PSN-only games.

Edited by Cube

LOOOOOL. The Vita on audio cassette tape.

Is the RRP both the retail and download price?

Edit: Then again, it may be best leaving the space for PSN-only games.

None of the download prices have been announced as far as I know.

Seeing as I'll be starting out with the 8Gb card i'll probably be sticking with retail copies of Vita games until I get a bigger card. I'll probably be getting a few PSP games that will take up the 8Gbs anyway. Persona 3 Portable being the main one and I think thats already just over a gig.

It's not going to be hard to swap the games on and off the memory card though, if you do decide to go more digital. Assuming parity of price I'm thinking the same as you (except maybe Wipeout which I wouldn't mind on me all the time).

That is a good point actually, Everybody's Golf is one that I would like on my Vita all the time.

Pretty tempted to order one, but like most people, it's jus a tad too expensive at the minute, and I'm pretty sire it's not going to sell very well, a price drop is inevitable. But I know how much of a weak-minded materialist I am so will probably do it :( I just have so many games and consoles already, another one and will be more games i don't play... Also slightly worried it will make the same mistakes as the PSP (which I think is a dreadful handheld), but that is purely on history as the actually console looks like it's learnt a lot of lessons... what to do, what to do... Probably just keep checking the latest deals and if one looks a bargain go for it.

Trying to find reviews of the games and such but getting no luck, when will it all start coming out?!

Pretty tempted to order one, but like most people, it's jus a tad too expensive at the minute, and I'm pretty sire it's not going to sell very well, a price drop is inevitable. But I know how much of a weak-minded materialist I am so will probably do it :( I just have so many games and consoles already, another one and will be more games i don't play... Also slightly worried it will make the same mistakes as the PSP (which I think is a dreadful handheld), but that is purely on history as the actually console looks like it's learnt a lot of lessons... what to do, what to do... Probably just keep checking the latest deals and if one looks a bargain go for it.

Trying to find reviews of the games and such but getting no luck, when will it all start coming out?!

I'm guessing next week seem its out the week after...

Ha, thats funny. At lunch time today I said "Credit card? You got it.." as a jokey thing. LULZ>

Well that's a good idea

http://www.shoptonews.net/2012/02/07/no-umd-passport-program-for-vita-in-north-america/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

So the launch wasn't spectacular in Japan so how do Sony decide to improve it in the US and EU? Remove the passport service for our regions......

They do realise this is a negative move right? And this will only hinder them?

Every time I think this will be supported better than Psp they do something like properiatary memory cards and removing the Psp passport service so we have to rebut games we already own

Did anyone seriously think that passport thing was actually going to happen?

Its not surprising, from what ive read the passport program was a bit of a mess in Japan and to be honest its not like we are owed backwards compatibility anyway. Its a feature we can still use digitally but its not like we did this when we upgraded from VHS to DVD or DVD to Blu ray. They tried it in Japan, it became a bit of a mess so they decided not to do it elsewhere, fair enough really.

Honestly no,

Though this could be the whole backwards compatibility (Psp Psone games) bias again (NTSC-j favoured again) thus indirectly promoting hacking because people will not be happy to have to pay the inflated Psp prices on psn

I know I don't like the idea of rebuying games at full rrp I just hope they discount them more

Edited by Agent Gibbs