NEurope
Aneres11

PlayStation Vita Console Discussion

Enough for what? You'll be able to keep a load of games on there.

Also, doesn't the extra ?5 off the price at Amazon negate the ?5 voucher for PSN?

Yeah, I'm getting one for my birthday in April. It is decided, by then Disgaea will be out, Wipeout and Uncharted will be discounted (hopefully), and I probably won't have to pay for it :heh:.

Totally expect there to be a lengthy, drunken Vita sesh at the next meet.

I would never order anything from play.com.

Total shit for delivery. Pre-order at your peril.

Probably turn up in March. :laughing:

Never had a problem from them. And not that fussed if it's a day later.

Quidco and the preorder pack equals big saving!

Ps you definitely getting virtua tennis aneres?

Never had a problem from them. And not that fussed if it's a day later.

Quidco and the preorder pack equals big saving!

Ps you definitely getting virtua tennis aneres?

Indeed I am. :D

It's the game I am most excited about haha. You up for some online matches once we're both up and running if you're getting it too?!

Play.com is on my list of "never deal with again" (A list that consists of them an Zavvi so far) for being consistently awful for the past few years.

Play.com is on my list of "never deal with again" (A list that consists of them an Zavvi so far) for being consistently awful for the past few years.

Zavvi are terrrrrrible. I've waited so long for orders in the past, waited 1 month for my "in stock" copy of Borderlands to shipped. Their Mega Monday offers are never in stock. Play were good with Sonic Generations arrived in 3 days at ?8.99 but yah so many DVD's simply taking forever to arrive. I miss the good old days where Play DVD preorders would arrive on the friday before.

THIS.

Zavvi are terrrrrrible. I've waited so long for orders in the past, waited 1 month for my "in stock" copy of Borderlands to shipped. Their Mega Monday offers are never in stock. Play were good with Sonic Generations arrived in 3 days at ?8.99 but yah so many DVD's simply taking forever to arrive. I miss the good old days where Play DVD preorders would arrive on the friday before.

Same here. I stopped using them ages ago and jumped ship to Amazon. Most of the time I get my preordered blu-rays/dvds on the Thursday or Friday before release from them.

I'm still back and forth on whether to get a Vita come release day. I have ?280 credit at GAME after trading stuff in over the last few weeks, so that would cover the cost. At the same time though I don't really want to buy it at GAME as I know I will be getting a better deal at Amazon, even though I would have to pay the cash for it. I'm weird, I know.

I don't think thats weird at all. Don't get it from GAME, you'll be ripping yourself off. Use that cash on sales/universally priced things.

I'm with Rez. I do that all the time. If you can afford it do exactly what he says, gane sometimes have some great bargains or maybe software were the saving isn't so great online.

Aneres. I'm definitely up for online games (one of the main reasons I'm getting it). Will tide us over until mario tennis comes out :)

I changed to Virtua Tennis as I'll likely rent Rayman Origins at some point.

So that, Uncharted and Wipeout, with SSD and Escape Plan from PSN.

Edit:

I know you can backup game saves from the Vita to your PS3, but does anyone know if this applies to the main game files? Would be incredibly handy if you can transfer the games from the PS3 instead of downloading it again if you remove it from the Vita.

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2012/02/16/try-ps-vitaps3-cross-play-content-for-one-price/

Cross-platform content info:

- When you buy MotorStorm RC you will be able to play it on PS3 and PS Vita at no additional cost.

- When you buy Hustle Kings and/or Top Darts for PS Vita, you will get the PS3 versions for free. If you already own these games on PS3, you’ll be able to download the PS Vita version for free.

- If you purchase WipEout 2048 and you already own WipEout HD and the HD Fury DLC on PS3, you will be able to download them for free when they launch on PS Vita later this spring.

- DLC purchased for the PS3 version of Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 can be used on the PS Vita version for free (and vice versa).

As we’ve noted previously, WipEout 2048 owners on PS Vita will be able to race against WipEout HD owners on PS3 across four tracks beginning at launch, which is separate from this promotional pricing. Hustle Kings also offers turn-based multiplayer pool between PS Vita and PS3 at launch. And Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 offers the “Ultimate Controller,” an exclusive configuration in which you can use PS Vita as a controller to play the PS3 version of the game, complete with touchscreen special move selection. All of this cross-play functionality is among the unique, new ways to play that we are ushering in with PS Vita.

---

So, to answer @Daft, if you already own Wipeout HD/Fury, you'll get to play the entire game on Vita in Spring.

Edited by Cube
Automerged Doublepost

No turning back now - my first handeheld ever has been bought!

Just ordered from Amazon Wifi Vita with 8gb memory card. Everybody's Golf, SPF Vita Case.

Anybody else getting Everybody's Golf?

Was just about to post that cube - nice that means I'll have Wipeout and Hustle Kings on my Vita for free!

Edited by Cookyman

I am getting Everybody's Golf but im waiting until launch and buying it from the PS Store as I expect to play it so much I want to have it on my Vita at all times.

I am getting Everybody's Golf but im waiting until launch and buying it from the PS Store as I expect to play it so much I want to have it on my Vita at all times.

Decided to do the same - might as well make use of the memory card.

Just a shame that its a bit over a gig, I was hoping it would be smaller so I could fit more on there! Everybody's Golf and Persona 3 will already take 2-3 gigs from my memory card.

Hang on. I have wipeout HD, does this mean I can play it on the VITA?!?! Awesome, saves me buying the Vita version!

Hang on. I have wipeout HD, does this mean I can play it on the VITA?!?! Awesome, saves me buying the Vita version!

No you need the vita version to access the Wipeout HD vita dlc which comes out in spring. I think? :hmm:

However I have Hustle Kings on the PS3 whiich means I can download the Vita version for free! :bowdown:

Oh I get it. So basically there's going to be some Vita DLC of all the PS3 tracks, which you don't have to pay for if you already have it on the PS3?! That makes more sense.

So gone from saving money, to me wanting wipeout even more :)

Is Hustle Kings really good then Cooky? Love a good pool game and definitely going to pick this up!

Is Hustle Kings really good then Cooky? Love a good pool game and definitely going to pick this up!

Probably the best one on the PS3 not played it in ages but will deffo download the Vita one - hopefully some of you lot will too.

I didnt really like Hustle Kings, I thought the difficulty was completely messed up. Miss one shot and thats the end of the match.

Honest question here: Why is the PSV selling quite so badly?

I know a lot of the arguments but honestly I expected it to sell better than it is at the moment in Japan.

I know a lot of the arguments but honestly I expected it to sell better than it is at the moment in Japan.

Because Monster Hunter 3DS came out just before it launched and the Japanese are mad for it!

Further Clarification of CrossPlay on Vita.

Try PS Vita/PS3 Cross-Play Content for One Price

6326736546_b9237be6f3.jpg

The day is approaching for you to finally get your hands on PlayStation Vita. As we?ve discussed in several previous Blog posts, the connection between PS Vita and PS3 is one of the most compelling features that sets gaming on PS Vita apart. Because we want all of you early PS Vita owners to check out the cross-platform gameplay experience, we?re offering content on both platforms for one price with the following launch titles: MotorStorm RC, Hustle Kings, Top Darts and DLC for WipEout 2048. Our friends at Capcom are also allowing you to share DLC across platforms for no additional cost with Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3.

6883335789_63d3c1dd89.jpg

Here?s how it works:

?When you buy MotorStorm RC you will be able to play it on PS3 and PS Vita at no additional cost.

?When you buy Hustle Kings and/or Top Darts for PS Vita, you will get the PS3 versions for free. If you already own these games on PS3, you?ll be able to download the PS Vita version for free.

?If you purchase WipEout 2048 and you already own WipEout HD and the HD Fury DLC on PS3, you will be able to download them for free when they launch on PS Vita later this spring.

?DLC purchased for the PS3 version of Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 can be used on the PS Vita version for free (and vice versa).

6883309687_4d930753fa.jpg

As we?ve noted previously, WipEout 2048 owners on PS Vita will be able to race against WipEout HD owners on PS3 across four tracks beginning at launch, which is separate from this promotional pricing. Hustle Kings also offers turn-based multiplayer pool between PS Vita and PS3 at launch. And Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 offers the ?Ultimate Controller,? an exclusive configuration in which you can use PS Vita as a controller to play the PS3 version of the game, complete with touchscreen special move selection. All of this cross-play functionality is among the unique, new ways to play that we are ushering in with PS Vita.

The recession and a lack of games Japanese people are interested in, the launch games are all arguable westernized games, couple that with other little issues (Proprietary memory cards, good games released for 3DS, and probably some others) and it adds up to an relatively unappealing console to people for now.

I also find it worrying something i saw on another news site that a major and credible Japanese newspaper (Nikkei)* had reported that an industry insider had said third parties are abandoning PSV projects to develop for the 3DS, due to the 3DS sudden surge and the far from expected poor uptake of the vita

I may not want a vita at this price but i certainly do not want it to fail, and if third party dev's leave it we can't rely on sony to try and drive the console with first party releases:(

take it with a pinch of salt, because stuff like this is said all the time, but from what I've seen Nikkei is regarded as a reputable newspaper not given to wild accusations (like the sun/star/daily mail/notw)

Edited by Agent Gibbs

@Cookyman

The cross play certainly is interesting but I think it's incredibly disappointing that you have to purchase more than 1 copy of the game for a lot of instances.

@Agent Gibbs

I heard about this today also. Whilst it may be a popularity race I think the same issue with the current gen holds that HD development is damn expensive and maybe 3DS is the right place for their budget. There may also be many factors about the development environment that are unknown.

The points you raise obviously account for a lot but the PSV sales are still shocking. This week was 14k units compared to the Wii, a console that is very near to the end of it's life (plus everyone already has one!) that sold 8k.