N-Europe

Unheard of Bands/Artists

Goafer

And come on, you can't post pop punk bullshit claiming it to be the best thing in the last 5 years and expect people not to explode in your face. I mean, are you serious?

And I'm hardly that fabled hipster sterotype you desperately want me to be, Scoop-o!

Who said they were the best thing in the last five years? I simply stated my opinion on them. My opinion. Yes, you're allowed an opinion on everything too, but there's a difference between sharing your opinion and being an asshole.

I'm not arguing with you in here anymore. This thread is too good for this. I'll save the argument for the next time you provoke an argument on here. Hey, why don't you start posting in purple too? Then I'll be able to just filter your posts out when I'm scrolling though threads.

Oh, and for the record I don't think you're a hipster stereotype at all. I think you're a cunt.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2961175776_b341ca0fc5.jpg

Yeah, I know, I know. I'll shut up. :grin:

Who said they were the best thing in the last five years? I simply stated my opinion on them. My opinion. Yes, you're allowed an opinion on everything too, but there's a difference between sharing your opinion and being an asshole.

I'm not arguing with you in here anymore. This thread is too good for this. I'll save the argument for the next time you provoke an argument on here. Hey, why don't you start posting in purple too? Then I'll be able to just filter your posts out when I'm scrolling though threads.

Oh, and for the record I don't think you're a hipster stereotype at all. I think you're a cunt.

Well, I think you're lovely. :grin:

And I'm not being sarcastic. I do like you.

And come on, you can't seriously think they're that good, Scoop-o! It's so damned generic, bro!

Edited by Oxigen_Waste
Automerged Doublepost

Wow, Ryuk... you just beat my record of how many posts it takes me to hate someone. Congrats, you did it at #1.

I really don't get why they're so hated, to be honest, it's kind of like Bieber, sometimes people just want something to hate, I guess. But they don't deserve it, they ain't that obnoxious. You've probably never met with much hatred towards them because you're not very faced towards alternative music, it seems. The communities mostly can't stand them, for some weid misplaced reason.

As for the stealing, it's not exactly stealing, it's more that their music's archetypes are constantly changing towards some new band's sound. Much like their whole sound shifted focus when turisas blew up in the music scene. You're probably checking out Rasputin, that was a joke song and doesn't really let you see their sound. Here:

You don't see it? Even the progressions are samey! AP are less metal, but it's pretty much the same writing style.

Basically, they have no musical indentity (which kind of justifies the way their visual... it's like the whole japanese visual kei movement discussion all over again)

Wtf? I was actually expecting it to be good. Instead I got a hybrid of Paramore and this bullshit:

Fuck yeah, generic rock! :bouncy:

Why hate on Beiber when it's more fun to hate you. Does your innate ability to be a cock know no bounds? It's a talent man, an absolute talent. You seem to love the word generic, which aptly sums up your posts. There's never a surprise when Oxigen_Waste posts, only a generic insult of someone's post or an insult of the poster themselves or their generic taste.

Edited by Jon

Well, I think you're lovely. :grin:

And I'm not being sarcastic. I do like you.

And come on, you can't seriously think they're that good, Scoop-o! It's so damned generic, bro!

Haha, aw man. I guess cunt was too strong a word there. I'm sorry. You were just being kind of a dick at the very most. I like you too. Diageo as well. Conflict is interesting on a forum like this one.

I have always claimed to have a fairly terrible taste in music. It doesn't come as much of a surprise you disliked it. I was more put out over the other comments if I'm honest.

Get out the fokk out of the kitchen if you cannot take the heat.

---

The song I was going to post is so unheard of ("Hangman" - Tangle Eye, Alan Lomax's Southern Journey Remixed) it's not even available to listen to on the net. So underground and socio-political and philosophical.

Get out the fokk out of the kitchen if you cannot take the heat.

---

Bitch, I'm slaving over a hot stove!

I'm addicted to Kurt Vile at the moment. No idea at all if he's a hidden gem or played everywhere. I think he's fairly hidden. Childish Prodigy is a brilliant album. :)

Blackberry Song

Monkey

Two of my favourites off the album.

InbeforeOxyWaste: Screw you! I liek it.

Stolen Babies (great name) remind me a bit of a more cheerful Sleepytime Gorilla Museum! Do you listen to The Dresden Dolls by any chance? Just picking up on the whole "dark cabaret" thing...

Actually, I have no idea how well-known SGM are...

I have heard of Sleepytime Gorilla Museum before, my friend recommended them to me at the same time as Stolen Babies. For some reason I liked Stolen Babies but not really SGM as much.

Haven't heard of The Dresden Dolls before, but I will look them up.

And knowing all you lot, this next one is bound to spark some hatred:

I work with the singer. They're fairly generic pop rock whatever. Doing rather well for themselves though, think they have a video on one of the music channels. It's weird seeing her in a music video though, especially one that seems rather well made.

Darn, most of the music I listen to is fairly "well-known". I think so anyway...best example that I can think of is this (?) maybe. I listen to it now and then and I'm unsure whether or not many people would have heard of her.

Mentally.

I don't understand why some people don't actively seek out new music/love the discovery of new music.

Because I'm not as into music as almost everyone. :p Seriously, I don't even have time to be passionate about it with everything else I love too much (Comics, games, movies, tv, roller coasters, LEGO, toys etc)