Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

bad stuff thread.

tapedeck

Iun.....that is shit. Keep us posted asap.

Can't you Uni-Beam it? :(

I was looking online to see if anyone invented Extremis yet, but sadly no such luck.

Thank you everyone, I appreciate all your well wishes, I really do.

3 days until I have to move to Cambridge and nobody seems to be replying to me.

One horrible woman advertise a flat that was perfect for me to stay in, even asked for short stay, told me yesterday it'd be taken and then posted the same advertisement yesterday. Sigh.

Concern r I.. :(

I work with absolute morons.

A brief lesson in the software we use: We use a program called Timestone, which is basically batch imaging software. It ties each record to text information (name, class etc). It stores all the text information, as well as scaled down thumbnails in a TNJ file. The full resolution images are stored in a separate folder. The TNJ file and the image folder need to have the same name, with the folder having "#images" on the end. So "Photos.tnj" needs to have an image folder named "Photos#images" with it.

That's mainly irrelevant, but it provides background info.

Someone at work was doing something and he turns to me and says:

"Timestone can't find the images".

"Have you checked the TNJ file and the folder have the same names?"

"How do I do that?"

I couldn't think of a better way to put it than pointing at a standard Windows window and saying "see that file? Does it match that folder?" Took everything I had not to add "you fucking cretin" on to the end. Checking file/folder names in Windows has to be the simplest thing imaginable. I wouldn't mind, but he's been with us for at least a year.

People just ask "how do you do that?" without even thinking. I despair, I really do.

3 days until I have to move to Cambridge and nobody seems to be replying to me

I'm replying to you. See? I'm doing it now.

Helpful aren't I?

Edited by Goafer
Automerged Doublepost

I work with absolute morons.

A brief lesson in the software we use: We use a program called Timestone, which is basically batch imaging software. It ties each record to text information (name, class etc). It stores all the text information, as well as scaled down thumbnails in a TNJ file. The full resolution images are stored in a separate folder. The TNJ file and the image folder need to have the same name, with the folder having "#images" on the end. So "Photos.tnj" needs to have an image folder named "Photos#images" with it.

That's mainly irrelevant, but it provides background info.

Someone at work was doing something and he turns to me and says:

"Timestone can't find the images".

"Have you checked the TNJ file and the folder have the same names?"

"How do I do that?"

I couldn't think of a better way to put it than pointing at a standard Windows window and saying "see that file? Does it match that folder?" Took everything I had not to add "you fucking cretin" on to the end. Checking file/folder names in Windows has to be the simplest thing imaginable. I wouldn't mind, but he's been with us for at least a year.

People just ask "how do you do that?" without even thinking. I despair, I really do.

Actually, I've been there for 10 months, not a year.

Ah I thought they had to do general for two of the teeth (cause of their placement etc). I wouldn't want to be awake through it heh.

I've had 4 surgeries in my life, and only one made me ill (and that was the heaviest surgery, where I was drugged with lots of painkillers afterwards heh). Getting my teeth removed wasn't bad at all.

Woke up in the middle of the night and felt a lot of gunk on my right eyelid. Wiped it away, thinking nothing of it, and went back to sleep. Woke up again at 6:30 with even more and realised it's probably conjunctivitis. Woke up again half an hour ago and checked in the mirror, my eye is totally red and it's started to spread to the left eye too.

Just in time for me finishing my exams. Great. I should take time off work because you're not meant to go in a swimming pool with it but I can't afford to miss Saturday, Monday and Tuesday as together those days earn me well over £150. Being officially self-employed meaning no sick-pay is a total baw-ache.

And did I mention I have an exam this afternoon which I'm totally under-prepared for?

6 hours ago two of my wisdom teeth got removed. The procedure itself was kind of boring. It took the surgeon 10 minutes to take out the tooth in my lower but only 60 seconds to remove the one in my upper jaw.

After the anesthesia had worn off pain started. It actually was as bad as I expected. Took some painkillers which helped a bit.

I'm not allowed to eat regular stuff. Only mashed...meaning I won't eat at all, at least for today. :hmm:

6 hours ago two of my wisdom teeth got removed. The procedure itself was kind of boring. It took the surgeon 10 minutes to take out the tooth in my lower but only 60 seconds to remove the one in my upper jaw.

After the anesthesia had worn off pain started. It actually was as bad as I expected. Took some painkillers which helped a bit.

I'm not allowed to eat regular stuff. Only mashed...meaning I won't eat at all, at least for today. :hmm:

I ate yoghurt, and mashed fruit (basically what I ate as a baby, all kinds of fruits and some biscuits mixed together). It's not too bad really.

I think I had spaghetti the second day heh. And you can have ice cream. And soup.

I ate yoghurt, and mashed fruit (basically what I ate as a baby, all kinds of fruits and some biscuits mixed together). It's not too bad really.

But I don't like it :p

Gonna try some pasta tomorrow. Seems like a good idea :)

What about mashed potatoes with some sauce? That should be fine to eat too I think. Just some suggestions heh.

We make mashed potatoes with milk. The thing is: I'm not allowed to eat/drink milk products. I guess it's because of Bacteria. The healing process might be slowed down.

Rice and Pasta seem like a good idea. I might have soup later today.

I'm lucky that I'm able to open my mouth so much that I can eat normally. I've read and heard that many can't do that on the first two days.

That's a good result. I got all my Wisdom teeth out last March and it was a nightmare. The two bottom ones had grown in sideways, so I had to get an Operation because they had to cut in to the side of my gums to take them out. I was pretty much out of it for 3 days afterwards and it probably took me about 4 weeks before I could eat properly again. I remember waking up the night after the operation and my pillow and all my clothes were saturated with blood. It literally looked like I had just eaten someone alive, I had so much dried blood on my face.

Good times.