NEurope
tapedeck

bad stuff thread.

Given 90 days notice today. College has to lose 200 staff. We lost 100 in November so the cuts are getting deeper.

I've helped thousands of people into employment over the last few years so Karma owes me.

EDIT: Charlie - WTF. Totally surprised you didnt give her the "I'm worth more than this" social value display. Don't stand for that shit. You deserve better. She's just a girl. There are billions more. Don't catch one-itis, ruins your energy levels.

That sucks man, feel for you. I've sort of found out that the job I was meant to be doing after I leave uni isn't really there anymore so I'm back to square one as well! At least I have my teaching to see me through and earn a bit of money from that whilst I job hunt properly!

I'm not standing for it. I text her very briefly yesterday morning to tell her something and we had a short conversation and that's all the contact there's been since. If she wants to talk to me she can, and I'll be polite and talk back, but there's no chance I'm going to be seeing her again.

Got home from work today and my budgie was lying dead in his cage. He wasn't ill or anything, so... shocked. Just last night i was playing a little game with him, and he was chirping away happily. :(

Had a similar thing happen to me with a pet cockatiel. Birds are strange, fine one morning, then just there motionless the next.

Sorry to hear about your budgie Pancake... :(

That sucks man. Still- 90 days is ok time to get a job hunt going.

I just had a big nosebleed on the way home sans tissues. I look like I've been roughed up in the street- got blood all down my face in to my beard.

Shit dude, any reason?

I just get them time to time. Would have been fine had I not been a good ten minutes away from home when it kicked off. Looked grim as hell when I got home.

--- sorry about your bird, Pancake. That really sucks :(

Sorry to hear of the job loss Tapedeck, i was in the same boat as you before. Sorry about the bird Pancake, sucks bad that does.

Recieved a call from the Tax office today, was offered a job part-time hours. Thats great i thought, until i was told the hours. Evening shifts, 6pm - 11pm. Which would mean i would be stranded in Cardiff until 6am, no trains back once i finish work. Job would have been 6 days a week, but i wouldn't get home until Saturday afternoon (have to work Saturday afternoons as well) I'd have to spend each days wage on b+b accomodation, not good. So i rejected the job, it was not feasable for myself. If it were day shifts, i certainly would have taken it. Funny thing is, i don't believe they listened to my application or my preference email because, they would have known i couldn't do them shifts.

Not best pleased at the moment.

Funny thing is, i don't believe they listened to my application or my preference email because, they would have known i couldn't do them shifts.

Not best pleased at the moment.

I think they do this shit on purpose. I think it's just a case of being lower down on the list.

You're an R, myself a W.

At Tesco I applied for "replenishment" at "7am-10pm" because I thought I was being flexible. However come the time of my interview all these 'relevant' positions had gone... Luckily my Sainsbury's experience saved me, but the fact is they never mentioned until halfway through the interview (and the induction if memory serves) that what I applied for was not what I was being applied towards.

Thankfully, I'm happy with what they've given me at the petrol station. We have the potential to doss around occasionally, extend our breaks. However it comes at the price of enhanced responsibility due to negligence/bullshit from the main store (When it suits, the rules don't have to apply if they don't want them to).

I think they do this shit on purpose. I think it's just a case of being lower down on the list.

You're an R, myself a W.

At Tesco I applied for "replenishment" at "7am-10pm" because I thought I was being flexible. However come the time of my interview all these 'relevant' positions had gone... Luckily my Sainsbury's experience saved me, but the fact is they never mentioned until halfway through the interview (and the induction if memory serves) that what I applied for was not what I was being applied towards.

Thankfully, I'm happy with what they've given me at the petrol station. We have the potential to doss around occasionally, extend our breaks. However it comes at the price of enhanced responsibility due to negligence/bullshit from the main store (When it suits, the rules don't have to apply if they don't want them to).

Well, i applied for Call Centre work, but 3 weeks later i was told i was too experienced for that sort of work, so they put me forward for the full and part time positions. They even asked for my preferences, but according to the phonecall i had earlier, they seemed to dismiss that.

Ugh. The ZZTop CD I bought has some bizarre copy protection on it, meaning my PC won't read it without stuttering like a massive twat. Now I have to brave the seedy, virus ridden underworld that is internet piracy to get a CD I payed good money for onto my iPod. Irony fail.

Ugh. The ZZTop CD I bought has some bizarre copy protection on it, meaning my PC won't read it without stuttering like a massive twat. Now I have to brave the seedy, virus ridden underworld that is internet piracy to get a CD I payed good money for onto my iPod. Irony fail.

When I've downloaded stuff I've found that torrents and things from rapidshare never have viruses in them. Obviously I was downloading for the same reason; damn that copy protection!

Yeah the whole virus thing is a bit of a myth. Any fake or corrupted torrents are sunk and trashed by users. Just don't be stupid and use Limewire :heh:

About budgie...

Thanks guys. What bothered me most was not knowing what happened. If he was in pain, if there was something i could have done had i been home. I guess birds are delicate little things really, and it doesn't take much to finish them off. :(

Another example of religion winning over Joe.

Pokémon Typing DS comes out on Thursday next week. Getting next day delivery for it which usually means I'd get it Friday (bad enough, I normally order from these guys as they ship for delivery on launch but not this time as their shipments are now once a week due to the situation in Japan), HOWEVER, Friday next week is Good Friday, a public holiday which UPS observes. Had to get extra shipping; Saturday to do it else I wouldnt get it til Tuesday. It's ridiculous. Thank god nobody else will cover this game

Oh shit sorry man, I have a review waiting to go up tomorrow...

Got my latest essay back with a poor 53. There was even a comment saying "I am curious why you included a text book in your bibliography but did not include any of the course materials. The etma guidance notes told you to use only the course materials to answer the questions."

Which referred to a quote I took from a compilation of articles they gave us for the course. How can this not be considered a fucking course material!?

Got my latest essay back with a poor 53. There was even a comment saying "I am curious why you included a text book in your bibliography but did not include any of the course materials. The etma guidance notes told you to use only the course materials to answer the questions."

Which referred to a quote I took from a compilation of articles they gave us for the course. How can this not be considered a fucking course material!?

Ugh, you have to wonder about teachers sometimes. I once had a teacher write "this is worse than cheating - this is plagiarism" after I'd quoted something and had the source right next to the quote. The same teacher also didn't understand how you could get several different percentages from the same source. In the end I just deleted everything he didn't like and handed in a butchered essay. :indeed:

I wouldn't even get me started on my tutors, different marking schemes depending on who marks your work, different brackets of grades for different courses, even though it's the same module, etc etc.

As it is, today I'm stressed our and panicking, my project is nowhere near as good as it's supposed to be and it's partly because I had to do a stupid animation for 6 weeks that sucked up my time and partly because my tutors have no fecking clue what I'm doing, eurgh.

Just went downstairs to the garage to check my metre reading, went to put the key in the lock and thought I was at the wrong garage. Had to do a double take before I realised the lock had been snapped off. Took me another moment to realise all the locks had been broken off every garage in the block of flats.

Nothing worth stealing in the garage, but still pretty lame, and a couple of the old ladies in the block said they had some valuables down there :/

Ugh, you have to wonder about teachers sometimes. I once had a teacher write "this is worse than cheating - this is plagiarism" after I'd quoted something and had the source right next to the quote. The same teacher also didn't understand how you could get several different percentages from the same source. In the end I just deleted everything he didn't like and handed in a butchered essay. :indeed:
I wouldn't even get me started on my tutors, different marking schemes depending on who marks your work, different brackets of grades for different courses, even though it's the same module, etc etc.

I sent her an email yesterday morning and impatient as I am still haven't recieved a reply. Another co-student who has a different tutor recommended switching, which I must say is tempting. Depends on the reply/how bloody quick I get it.

I took head staggers today and decided to completely clean out the fridge.. the two vegetable box things were complete boke.... the carrots had started to ferment and were leaking a SYRUP out of the bag.... *retches*

now its all lovely and clean with about a third of the contents.... mummy will be happy.