NEurope
tapedeck

bad stuff thread.

Yeah your birthday isn't listed on here, which I took to mean you didn't want people knowing.

It's my Birthday soon, and if I don't get a thread I'm going to scream and scream and SCREAM. I'II be like a spolit little child, and throw a total hissie fit type tantrum.

...I don't have a flat yet. :hmm:

Will be crashing at a mate's for at least one or two weeks and in this time I have to study a lot and look for a nice, cheap flat.

Let's see how it'll turn out.

It's my first ever bonfire night and I've not seen a single bonfire or fireworks, booh. We could have on Saturday but my family decided they didn't feel like it. =P

I also miss my family as they left yesterday. =(

Say whaaaat?!

There was a crash on the nearby motorway, so that was closed down (both ways). Everyone took the normal roads that the bus uses, which are usually busy anyway. As one point we didn't move for 30 minutes.

That's ridiculous. What an unproductive day. Please tell me you had a book that became well-read, or something to do.

Browsed the internet/Twitter/Facebook and checked all my work emails on my phone. I drained the battery to 4%.

I....euthanised a cat on the side of the road today.

Basically, I saw a car swerve and hit something about 50 metres away from me. The driver got out, kicked something up into the air with vitriolic force. It looked at first like a plastic shopping bag filled with apples. The driver got back into his car and drove off. As I approached the scene, I hear the most heart-wrenching mewling: it was a cat, writhing painfully on the floor. Half its face was gone and it was bleeding in several places. Obviously it was dying. No idea where the nearest vet was, I took out a towel from my bag, held it down....and smothered it. I cried my eyes out as I did it, and this security guard from the nearest compound sauntered over. "It's not your cat, why do you care if it's in pain?" should tell you everything you need to know about Chinese people's attitude to the sufferings of animals and others.

As a cat lover, I feel sickened to my stomach that I would do that. But at the same time, surely it was better to stop the pain from lingering...

...my hands feel filthy, and no amount of washing has made them clean.

Please, did I do the right thing?

Basically, I saw a car swerve and hit something about 50 metres away from me. The driver got out, kicked something up into the air with vitriolic force. It looked at first like a plastic shopping bag filled with apples. The driver got back into his car and drove off. As I approached the scene, I hear the most heart-wrenching mewling: it was a cat, writhing painfully on the floor. Half its face was gone and it was bleeding in several places. Obviously it was dying. No idea where the nearest vet was, I took out a towel from my bag, held it down....and smothered it. I cried my eyes out as I did it, and this security guard from the nearest compound sauntered over. "It's not your cat, why do you care if it's in pain?" should tell you everything you need to know about Chinese people's attitude to the sufferings of animals and others.

As a cat lover, I feel sickened to my stomach that I would do that. But at the same time, surely it was better to stop the pain from lingering...

Absolutely. What you did was the best for the cat. The bad person was the driver. How disgusting. You did the best you could for that cat. As a cat lover, it really hurts me that someone would kick one with such force, you did the right thing and ended its suffering.

Oh my word that is heart breaking :( you absolutely did the right thing, total respect to you for putting the poor lil moggy out of its misery

The right thing for sure. I certainly wouldn't be able to do anything about it at all, so you'll have to explain how you fit through doors with balls that big... I hope that's not inappropriate.

You definitely did the right thing, although you possibly should have hunted the driver down and kicked his fucking face in.

You definitely did the right thing. I've euthanised lots of rabbits with myxy (those damn Aussies), and it's not easy, especially the first few times. It's not so bad when you have your rifle with you, but when you're out and about and you have to make do with something else, well let's just say rabbits can take one hell of a pounding to the skull.

@Iun you definitely did the right thing and are more of a man than me because quite honestly I don't know if I could do such a thing even if it was in the best 'interests' of the cat so I'm sad to hear that you had to go through that, as a fellow cat lover I know that must have been a terrible experience... :(

I expected the spoiler to say you ran over it yourself. :woops:

Same here, since you just said you got out of your car.

But what you did took balls. pr0 balls. Proud of ya.

You only did the right thing if you hunted the sick fuck down and kicked half his face off.

Seriously, though, you most definitely did the right thing. After that experience you were the angel of salvation for that poor creature. As a fellow cat lover, I applaud you.

You only did the right thing if you hunted the sick fuck down and kicked half his face off.

Little bit of an overreaction..

Little bit of an overreaction..

Yeah Dannyboy you overreacted.

A quarter of his face would suffice.

If it was my pet I have no doubt that I would turn into a monster and do ten times over to him... It sickens me that people are capable of doing that, and that they treat an animal as if it's not got any value. I read that story this morning, a tear came to my eye and my cat rubbed against my leg and meowed as if he knew.... ;(