Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

bad stuff thread.

tapedeck

Last day of work tomorrow :'( Company's going into 'hibernation'. Allegedly I'm being 'headhunted' and have an interview on 12th for a salary job, which is a formality as I've essentially gotten the job - or at least a 3-month test period, which to me just sounds like a temp placement again. Sooo not bothered.

(see, posting about how you're getitng a job isn't bad news, rez. This is bad news)

Mate a lot of hayfever comes about in 20's (based on no solid science, just what I know from my friends).

Pressure change in summer affects people's sinuses, which can affect phlegm in the lungs... but if you have an itchy throat then... then... then man i have no degree in medication so ultimately i have no idea what I'm talking about!

Mate a lot of hayfever comes about in 20's (based on no solid science, just what I know from my friends).

Pressure change in summer affects people's sinuses, which can affect phlegm in the lungs... but if you have an itchy throat then... then... then man i have no degree in medication so ultimately i have no idea what I'm talking about!

Fuck whatever the experts say. I'm going to roll with your friend/anecdotal evidence. It probably is hayfeveer. I just don't want it. :(

Hope it doesn't ruin my summer.

I keep getting unbearably itch on the bottom of my right leg. No rash/bites but just prickly itch that I have to itch otherwise it escalates!

I know you can ignore an itch if you try but this itch gets worse and worse and worse until I itch it. Hopefully something to do with my vein thingy in my leg which I have an appointment to look into surgery in a couple of weeks!

I keep getting unbearably itch on the bottom of my right leg. No rash/bites but just prickly itch that I have to itch otherwise it escalates!

I know you can ignore an itch if you try but this itch gets worse and worse and worse until I itch it. Hopefully something to do with my vein thingy in my leg which I have an appointment to look into surgery in a couple of weeks!

varicose vein? Sounds unpleasant... and very like psoriasis... the itch that NEVER goes away :(

Today work was sooo hard... I feel myself being less and less bothered about it

varicose vein? Sounds unpleasant... and very like psoriasis... the itch that NEVER goes away :(

Today work was sooo hard... I feel myself being less and less bothered about it

That's the one. Supposed to be more of an older person's issue they get when older. I'm only 21! :p Also hereditary but no-one in my family has it that we know about!

I just have some lumps coming out of my leg when I stand up. Just look odd.

That's the one. Supposed to be more of an older person's issue they get when older. I'm only 21! :p Also hereditary but no-one in my family has it that we know about!

I just have some lumps coming out of my leg when I stand up. Just look odd.

Yeah, I've got them in the shitloads - my mum and dad both have had surgery to pull theirs out... pleasant. Lucky old genetics eh.

Just watch you don't overdo the scratching as it can potentially turn into a venous ulcer... they're very difficult to treat :(

Yesterday morning, no one could get in touch with my Nan and so after going down there and not being able to get in or make contact, the police were called out and they knocked the front door in.

When we got inside, she was lying her bed but she was in a bad way. She was barely able to breath and you could see where she'd been bleeding from her mouth. The paramedics were there just a couple of minutes later and took her to hospital.

She needed surgery but she was too weak to have it and so they were just monitoring her current condition to look for any improvements but it never happened and at 6 this morning, her heart finally stopped.

Yesterday morning, no one could get in touch with my Nan and so after going down there and not being able to get in or make contact, the police were called out and they knocked the front door in.

When we got inside, she was lying her bed but she was in a bad way. She was barely able to breath and you could see where she'd been bleeding from her mouth. The paramedics were there just a couple of minutes later and took her to hospital.

She needed surgery but she was too weak to have it and so they were just monitoring her current condition to look for any improvements but it never happened and at 6 this morning, her heart finally stopped.

:(

Sorry to hear about that, dude.

*man hugs*

Thanks guys

My grandad died 8 years ago this month and at the time, she had a heart attack but she made it through and carried on living till the ripe age of 86.

And she was totally independant too - did all her own shopping, cleaning, cooking and gardening. Never needed any assistance whatsoever.

Even if she had survived, she'd probably be too weak to carry on like that and I don't think she would have been able to adjust to a life of being cared for.

So sorry to hear about that Captain Falcon. Sounds like she had a good life up to the end though, 86 and living independently, don't think there's many who can do it.

Take care. *hugs*

I know, it always impressed me.

The thing was, when she was younger, she had asthma to such a degree that she could barely move without being out of breath - she had to sleep down stairs because she was physically incapable of walking up them. And I guess at the time, medical science hadn't progressed to the point that they could do much for her. She eventually made a recovery from that state though but it wasn't until she was about 40. Maybe that was part of what kept her so active having had a good chunk of live robbed from her like that.