Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Cleggomania (or the Unbearable Lightness of Being Nick Clegg)

dan-likes-trees

COnstructive criticism appreciated!
I had to stop listening at a minute because the echo was already doing my head in!

The Lib Dems are fucked!

No doubt a great number of their politician will loose their seats at the next local election and no student votes, or votes from the next genertation of young voters, for the party to be able to rely on in the future! *waves*

Edited by Retro_Link

On the video I'd get a new microphone and new singers, the sound was awful. Graphics were nice though.

I don't really understand why people are so hard on the lib dems, at the end of the day they're a minority in a coalition government. They have some effect on a couple of things but the majority of policy was always going to be decided by the conservatives.

It's a shame that so many people are so short sighted on it, if they engaged brains then the lib dems might improve next time around.

Personally I usually vote conservative but this time around I voted lib dem as I thought Cameron would walk it but I wanted improved lib dem influence in parliament. Dependent on situation I would vote for them again, I think next time around I'll go conservative though as I dread to think what would happen if Labour got back in.

The Lib Dems are completely discredited in my eyes now. I never actually liked Clegg anyway, his style of english and speeches always left me slightly cold. I did however think he seemed principled and I agreed with a lot of what he actually said. At least he isn't George Galloway I suppose.

I actually hope the Lib Dems are obliterated in the next elections. I feel sorry for the lower and dissenting ranks in the party, but I'm just so infuriated by them.

I thought the vid was quite OK tbf.

Nick Clegg is a wanker. I don't know where he's plucked to dare from to claim this is actually helping more people to get into education...

During the mass protests he said something like 'if they actually looked at the details and what we're proposing this will benefit...' or something like that. Utter twat. 'If you actually look at it properly like all these protesters you'll realise we've chundered all over your futures by tripling your fees kthxbai'.

Cunt.

Just a complete sellout cunt.

The Problem was, lib dems sounded good, but if you listened to their policies they often came out with a popular statement with no way of doing it.. I can't remember a specific example, and actually I didn't pick up the university fee's issue as one of those pie in the sky promises (although clegg now seems to appear to say it was).

Anyway, as said, the youth vote has been lost now, but with clever marketing and an image change the lib dems could come out of this ok, sure they'll lose their student vote, but they gain political experience and with that credibility, regardless of how popular this coalition may or may not be.

I still prefer Long-Legged-Cleggy-Weggy over those other two.

We need someone more interesting in politics. Boris should run for PM.

"Long-legged-Cleggy-weggy lost his spiney-winey" is one of the placards I plan to make if/when I next attend a protest about the fees. Unfortunately couldn't make yesterday's.