Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Pyrotechnics

Serebii

So all, it's that time of year where we decide to blow up the sky with various pretty coloured explosives.

This year, we're going all out and have a few dozen to set off...two of which are actually taller than me! Can't wait to set them off, doing it tomorrow.

You guys going to any displays or setting off your own?

Will take some photos/video of mine tomorrow and post them here :)

I never found Fireworks very interesting. Or rather they were always dissapointing in relation to the "hype" we all give them.

I may have been spoiled by the Disney (and co.) firework displays. But really I always found them a distraction at best.

I quite like that new Katy Perry song though.

^ Yeah nothings gonna compete with the Disney 4th of July Fireworks display I saw this year... other than perhaps a future Disney display! :D

Not got any firework plans for tonight/weekend, but can hear them all going off right about now.

Edited by Retro_Link

it's a day when a Catholic tried to blow up the Houses of Parliament using gunpowder to get rid of the protestant Government and Monarchy, but he was caught and hung, drawn and quartered for treason!

So to remember we set off fireworks since it's more appealing than repeating the other part ;)

So I was right that it is V for Vendetta related.

Not that it was based on the film, the film was based on the event. But you get what I mean.

In that the writer of V for Vendetta took the piece of history and used it to make a graphic novel based on oppression and someone dressed as Guy Fawkes...then yes

Halloween provided the opportunity to destroy some pumpkins for probably the final time.. so here are a couple of pictures to show you how it went down :heh:

Photo0329.jpg

Photo0323.jpg

The people in the picture are darksnowman and a friend who doesn't post here :heh:

Edited by nekunando

We were supposed to pay £6 to go to this charity bonfire night thing, except it was so much faff to get there that we wouldn't've made the opening time. Instead we went to my friends house which is perfectly placed on teh side of a hill, and we had a few sparklers and ended up having a view of at least 13 sets of lengthy firework displays as well as some garden-centered events. Was pretty good -- and free!!

Most people in the brighton area go to Lewes for their 'free' fireworks festival. It's just far too many people that go there.

So, this huge one we had didn't fly up or move at all. It exploded throughout the entire garden. Didn't take photos though as I took my finger off the capture button so I could dive for cover

76192_501541923688_513473688_7154795_7888801_n.jpg

One that didn't

150306_501540623688_513473688_7154778_3982347_n.jpg

Just after the massive explosion