NEurope
Murr

Iron Man 3

MasterLe is working on a Warmachine Iron Patriot cosplay

Vampires in Budapest? :(

Yep, and they're all totally gaybones for toy collectors.

Same with what happened with Transformers, just got steadily more ludicrous and over the top. The trailer is so dramatic and explosion-filled it's almost like a parody. I suppose for a dumb action film it'll do.

. I suppose for a dumb action film it'll do.

I'm sure Shane Black is heaving a sigh of relief now that he has gotten your blessing.

This film looks a bit too OTT and fanboyish, imo

C'maaahn, the bad guy is Gandhi! Who wouldn't watch that!!

(all I can ever think when I see Kingsley in something)

Tickets booked for this on Thursday at 7:45. My body is ready.

First ten minutes I was worried. Sorts itself out and becomes awesome.

I'm not sure how I feel about one important bit (I'll type properly tonight).

Totally totally different to the others which I think was important. Thoroughly enjoyable.

Really enjoyed it, although I wasn't a massive fan of the final fight scene.

One thing stood out to me though.

That Mandarin twist! Did not see it coming!

*closes eyes and scrolls to end*

OK, without giving any spoilers.... where is the "After Credits" Scene?

Is it mid credits (like Avangers) or at the very end.... or are there two, mid and end?

Just so I know when I go see it next Wednesday (trying to hold off as it cheaper to go wednesday)

*closes eyes and scrolls to end*

OK, without giving any spoilers.... where is the "After Credits" Scene?

Is it mid credits (like Avangers) or at the very end.... or are there two, mid and end?

Just so I know when I go see it next Wednesday (trying to hold off as it cheaper to go wednesday)

It's right at the end. And the credits are bloody long.

It's right at the end. And the credits are bloody long.

Is it worth waiting for? I'm off to see it tonight. Sorry @Mokong X\-C, no Monster Hunter again. :(

Is it worth waiting for? I'm off to see it tonight. Sorry @Mokong X\-C, no Monster Hunter again. :(

It's not crucial, as in, it doesn't introduce any important story arc for the next films, but I'd say it's a nice scene worth waiting for :)

Just saw this and enjoyed it but I think some people will not not happy with a certain twist in the story. personally I liked it. I found it hilarious the film referenced Croydon of all places, which made me laugh (I was watching the film in a cinema in croydon at the time too lol)

Edited by Helmsly

Iron Man 3

GOD 3D RUINS FILMS. I hate being forced to watch in 3D. Looking forward to watching in 2D. Anyway, now that I have got that out of the way....

So....I was really worried for the first ten to fifteen minutes. I did enjoy the flashback stuff, but that bit coupled with the immediately surrounding build up was very poorly paced. I feel like Iron Patriot needed a little more setup, even if it was slightly expanded upon the way that they introduced him. It felt super rushed. As did the initial reveal of Mandarin.

I wasn't too keen on the first introduction to the Mk 42 - a little too much humour. But it was cool.

My fears were alleviated as the setup was over and the movie settled into its own pace and narrative and I started to relax more and enjoy it. I really liked Guy Pearce as Aldrich, I surprisingly liked Gwyneth Paltrow and I really liked the differing style of the movie....I think this was one of the strongest points was that it had different genres and played out a lot like a tense drama thriller for large portions.

The Extremis villains are really cool too, I'm happy it wasn't just another guy in a tech suit. Tony dissecting the crime scene and stuff was really cool, and eventually threatening Mandarin was awesome. The whole scene of the mansion destruction was tense and looked ridiculously awesome. The Mk 42 visuals certainly were starting to grow on me, and seeing its capabilities (pulling Tony out of the rubble) was awesome.

It was interesting to see so much of the movie with Tony out of the suit - it was cool to see his couple of tries being a hero without the suit, and again...I did enjoy the more Extremis villains. The film certainly has a lot of action, but also a lot of character interactions and drama that helps to balance it out and give it a different feel to the other Marvel movies.

The Mandarin reveal. Hmmmm. At first it hit me for six. In fact I was a bit furious. I was like "What the fuck....?" but after thinking about it and letting it mull, I like....how they approached it. It is a little strange and weird to have Iron Man's nemesis be a non-event in the movie universe, but Mandarin was always going to be a really difficult character to make the transition to the movie universe. Guy Pearce as Aldrich was such a strong villain too. Even before the reveal you could see he was centre stage, and I suspected something similar was going to happen but obviously not quite like this. So on the one hand, the fanboy in me is raging, but on the other hand I can't help but feel that they did it for the best and the fact that Aldrich was such a strong villain (character and power wise) soothed the pain VERY much.

By this point we had been without Tony Stark in the suit for a long time, and whilst it was good, it almost felt like a little too long. Luckily they then have the absolutely sublime Air Force 1 rescue and infamous line "house party protocol" which I will now try to say as often as possible.

The finale itself was also extremely enjoyable, lots of action - but this is also where the 3D ruined it the most. As the action was so fast, it was really hard to see the suits. The direction isn't flawless at this part too. They could have slowed it down a little and let us really get a good look at (more) of the suits. I also felt like a big moment was coming twice, and in neither case it happened which was a LITTLE disappointing -

Rhodey being reunited with a pseudo-War Machine suit

and when Tony was fighting Aldrich, I wanted him, after having trashed several suits to say something along the lines of....

"Okay.....Hulk Buster" and stepping into a fuck off suit to take him on. Alas how it played out was still satisfying, and Pepper Potts was the most awesome she has been in the series. Loved that. Again...totally expected a RESCUE suit for her though.

And finally, perhaps the strangest thing about the movie of all. In the comics, Extremis was a rebirth of sorts for Iron Man. Giving him the organic ability to communicate with his suit was the next step, and I thought it was an absolute given that this was going to happen to Tony and take him to the next step....but it didn't happen....so weird!

The after credits scene was great, but I was a tiny bit disappointed that it wasn't more of a Phase 2 teaser like (pretty much all) of the other additional scenes. But it was still a joy to see!

So yeah, basically, the film had some really weird decisions, but despite that, it was different, action packed and had some great character moments so I thoroughly enjoyed it. Looking forward to watching it many times.

Guardians Of The Galaxy linked to Iron Man 3 minor spoiler type info thing

For real legits, I have someone who has a source (as reliable as you could get), and Harley's father is Starlord.

Oh. By the way...I'd say "I hate being that jerk dick that says he has a source" but A) I don't hate it, and B) Its for real legits C) I'm not 12.

So much better than the weak mess of a plot in 2, nicely tied together. Wonderfully different action sequences! The plane, small southern town, flashback, assaulting a mansion with gadgets, refreshingly totally different to what we've gotten used to, a la missiles, flight sequences and bigger-better suits everywhere. The human element to both the enemies and the hero alone made it a worthy entry.

@ReZourceman, agree with your opinions on the pacing at the beginning but felt that in the end it didn't make much of a difference. Absolutely loved what they did with Mandarin, great way to bring the villain to life, no need to stick so close to the canon, you need to make it work. Remember Sandman in Spidey 3? That was too much of a departure, this grounded it. In fact, I was a little relieved. And I can't wait to see the looks on peoples faces who complained that he wasn't Asian enough for the part.

There's a lot of things you'd like to see but they just wouldn't work... Tony using extremis, magic rings, RESCUE, they're just too much of a leap to happen in one story. Again, you risk doing a Spidey 3. Was much better that they contained it like this - and the extremis villains were done brilliantly. What they did do, straight out of the comics, was bring in all the suits, and that was awesome. Hulk Buster wouldn't have appeared though because all these suits were a mess, the result of months spent tinkering after retreating from the world at the end of Avengers. That I also loved, exploring the character a little, showing the lasting effect of travelling across time and space. Perhaps shoe-horned in a little to help increase the dramatic effect of some otherwise somewhat underwhelming villains in Avengers.

Edited by Shorty

I thought it was fantastic! For me, it was the best one by far. I pretty much echo what Shorty has already said.

I didn't bother waiting for the end credits scene. I just fired up my phone as soon as the credits started and look for the spoilers. It was a lot quicker than sitting through the credits. :D

The after credits scene is... more in the vein of the Schwarma one (nothing like it, but leaning towards the stay-til-the-end-worthiness) than say, that first time we met Nick Fury.

Because everyone is waiting until Wednesday to see it? Well i am anyway.

Because everyone is waiting until Wednesday to see it? Well i am anyway.

Out on Friday in China.