Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

good stuff thread.

nightwolf

Well I hope you get it then ReZ, fingers crossed

Cheers bled.

How the fuck do i and K match?

So basically this was a test to see whether you were born with fetal alcohol syndrome or not?

Bad luck there, ReZ :heh:

Like I said it was incredibly straight forward. Astounded at the lack of intelligence on display (and I should clarify that of the 7 people, only the guy next to me was younger than me. four of them were "older" / "old")

Cheers bled. I've just had a text from my friend (named him in the app. I said "and I've heard highly of the company from previous colleagues ; blah" and he just text me saying the chick spoke to him and so they spoke about me for a bit and he talked me up. Fingers winhaxed.

We've had training all week at work (pub/restaurant) because we're moving up a division and becoming an Eating Inn. Bit fancy, full table service... big change from what we were doing before.

Yesterday was our first dry run with guests/regulars and staff/families. It was quite hectic because we were purposefully given one filled section and no help but once I got into it I found it to be quite easy.

I had no complaints and at the end of the night (after about 2 hours) I had made the most tips (£14 from just four tables). Feeling good about my job right now then... shame it's not at all what I want to do in life lol.

I've been told I've had my contract extended with Jagex today - only til the 20th July, but it could be extended more.

Sqeeeeee! I've apparently made quite the good impression, happy happy, my friend has also said I can bunk with her if I don't manage to find another place to stay, but one person has already replied to me. :)

Gosh what a busy day yesterday. Running around doing all sorts of things during the day (with a brief breather for lunch out on the grass) and then we had our degree show.

Didn't manage to speak to as many industry people as I would have liked (for example 12foot6 who I was going to approach and then something came up and I kept getting distracted and they vanished) but spoke to a fair few people. There seems to be one person who was genuinely interested and should hopefully get back to me. Had a good night anyway, even if I nearly lost my voice in the process.

And I slept! Until the ridiculously late time of 11:15 but I think its a catch up of the last few weeks of 3-4 hour nights.

I finally installed OS X Snow Leopard on my 5 year old MacBook, throwing everything off in the process (after making a backup of course).

My laptop feels so fresh and new now! And instead of 4GB of free space, I now have 49GB, whoo. Though I still need to install all my programmes, but still. =P

Hopefully this means my laptop can serve me for another year or two before I have to invest in a new one. =)

I have now also got a new place to stay! With people my own age and a double bed and a kitchen that works!

The downside is it's £575 for the month as I've got to pay a £230 deposit, but I've got a formal contract and stuff so I'll see that back in a couple of weeks. :D Wheeee.

Damn those are really fucking stunning. Are they GW? And assumably the new resin if so.

------------

Oooooooooohhhh ouch. Cannot help but laugh/cringe at this one.

One of my friends (I don't know him too well at all actually) but yeah, on FB. Precisely one week ago "At Luton airport with Sophie X" blah blah.

His only status update since was today. One week later.

"X went from in a relationship to single"

Awwwwwwwwwkwarrrrrrrrrrrrdddddddddddd.

Went to "Mike's Annual Shindig". It's a meetup for Volksrods (although I was the only person to show up in one!). Basically about 20 or so people in old Volkswagens camping out in some guy's field. It was ace, wish I could have stayed the night, but I have work tomorrow.

Geniunely nice people. They helped try and fix Jidderbugs electrical problem (as I had to "Ghetto-wire" it to be able to get it there. No joy fixing it, but it did semi fix itself on the drive home!

The downside is it's £575 for the month as I've got to pay a £230 deposit, but I've got a formal contract and stuff so I'll see that back in a couple of weeks. :D Wheeee.

The hell?! How can you be splashing that money around when you owe me a pint!

Man, the heatwave arrived! Set out and it was massively foggy here in Brighton. Did a bit of shopping with a friend (trying to get anniversary gifting sorted- aaii!) then went to the beach and played some chess (I won, of course), then went to the pavilion gardens where some weird girl kept staring and smiling at me. Did some creative writing with my pal, then the staring got too much and we left (not before some 'security' came round and asked everyone to stop drinking. Everyone then proceeded to just get their drinks out again when the invigilators left).

Now home, seriously contemplating how I am to survive this sort of heat with my current wardrobe. I need linen!