NEurope
nightwolf

good stuff thread.

Flights and hotel booked. My girlfriend and I are now going to the Pokémon World Championships in August :D

I made a cheesecake and lots of people ate it and either they liked it or they're good enough friends to have pretended that they liked it. Either of these is a win.

I made a cheesecake and lots of people ate it and either they liked it or they're good enough friends to have pretended that they liked it. Either of these is a win.

80352beb948236f6207dbc7e2e5fe8c0.jpg

80352beb948236f6207dbc7e2e5fe8c0.jpg

I made a short comedy film about all about Wi-Fi and the lack of data struggles all in lovely Noir.

Give it a watch if you would be so kind.

I made a short comedy film about all about Wi-Fi and the lack of data struggles all in lovely Noir.

Give it a watch if you would be so kind.

Passed the third attempt at an exam. Not a great result (3,0...not sure how the grading system is at universities in the UK...it basically ammounts to 50% of the total points I could get) but still...if I had failed again I would've had to take an oral exam and if I had failed that I would've been exmatriculated.

While I didn't stress myself out about the exam, it still is a relief now that the result is in. :)

If anybody's interested: The course was introduction to organic chemistry.

Congrats on passing and thanks for teaching me a new word :D

Thanks.

I assume you mean "exmatriculated"? Did I embarrass myself and this word doesn't exist in the English language? :blush: I basically just took the German equivalent and "translated" it :laughing:

Matriculation is what happens when you join uni, so technically you're right, but I don't know if it's a real word or if anyone ever uses it.

We'd just say 'kicked off the course' because the English language has no flair.

Thanks.

I assume you mean "exmatriculated"? Did I embarrass myself and this word doesn't exist in the English language? :blush: I basically just took the German equivalent and "translated" it :laughing:

Matriculate is a word but I'm not sure you can prefix it with "ex". I googled it and all the results appear to be from English-language German websites.

We'd just say 'kicked off the course' because the English language has no flair.

I disagree. I would have gone with "if I had failed that I would've been royally rogered".

If we're learning academic-related words: graduand. It's a rarely known (or used) word but its for someone that has finished but not yet got their degree (i.e. become a graduate).

Congrats drahkon!

Went to Weymouth last week on a weeks holiday, that the other 1/2 paid for. She decided to book it up as a present for my 30th birthday. Was a great week, definitely chose the right week weather-wise too (and right before the school holidays). Loved the entire week, perfect company and overall a great time.

Did see a classic steam locomotive pulling into the station, and did visit several places on the trip away.

Spent the afternoon cleaning and waxing my car with my Dad to get it ready for a show next weekend. Aside from spending quality time with my Dad, the car is now shinier than it's ever been.

2016-07-31%2015.46.24.jpg

The roof was a semi-matte reddish pink this morning and now it looks awesome:

2016-07-31%2015.46.14.jpg

Should mean that it looks it's best when I'm at the annual club meetup next weekend. Last year there was 70 Sciroccos there, but we're hoping for more this year.

1082281_10153170474180341_112276744_o.jpg

A few years back, a friend in work was replacing some of the keyboards in the music room and, in the process, decided to just get rid of the then current stock. I asked her if I could take one and it's been in the corner of our bedroom, patiently waiting in its cover (and taking up space) until the right time came when I could be arsed to sit down and learn another instrument.

The one thing it was missing was its power supply. I picked up one off Amazon for around a tenner and have been learning some of the basics this week. My thinking behind it was that it would make me/help me understand some of the principles of music theory, which I've not had much experience of in the past. I'd say it's comig along nicely. I'm starting to apply some of that knowledge back to guitar and actually understand a bit more what makes a C chord that particular chord, for example. The keyboard actually makes a lot of sense as an instrument in a way that I can't really explain. There's a certain logic behind it that just fits. In a way, I kinda regret not picking it up years ago because I feel I could be pretty decent at it, in time.

roses-are-red-violets-are-blue-sainsburys-chocolate-chip-cookie-3192802.png

This image popped up on my girlfriends Facebook feed and we were both pissing ourselves at it. She didn't believe me that I know @ReZourceman.