NEurope
nightwolf

good stuff thread.

TDKR

Favourite Film of the Year

Favourite Film of the Trilogy, and quite possibly my

Favourite Film EVER!

So glad I stayed spoiler free.

Can't remember the last time I came out of the cinema feeling quite so wowed by a film.

Loved it.

+1.

I have a feeling that the people I went with didn't really get some of the bits, as they said it wasn't really about Batman, sigh, but I loved it!

So I've just (about 30 minutes ago) come out of seeing The Dark Knight Rises at Cineworld in Birmingham when I see a crowd of people in the foyer. As I'm walking out, the Jamaican Olympic team are walking in, including Usain freaking Bolt! I was so surprised/confused that by the time I got my phone out of my pocket to take a picture, it was too late.

I had an excellent evening yesterday. Two of my friends who I work with came over to see where Ine and I live. They liked the place and soon spotted that I had my retro consoles on display. They came over around 8-ish and didn't leave til after midnight, as we spent the majority of the night playing Mario Kart: Double Dash. Loved it!

I wasn't really a fan of the game before, but I have a new found respect for it now. Every game we played was close, although Ine won something ridiculous like 29 of the games that we played. Awesome night.

Tonight, I'm going to see The Dark Knight Rises. Andddd, today, it's sunny, so I'm going to weightlift and exercise in the garden. Because I can.

So I've just (about 30 minutes ago) come out of seeing The Dark Knight Rises at Cineworld in Birmingham when I see a crowd of people in the foyer. As I'm walking out, the Jamaican Olympic team are walking in, including Usain freaking Bolt! I was so surprised/confused that by the time I got my phone out of my pocket to take a picture, it was too late.

That's a cool story, didn't know Jamaican team were in Brimingham and no less at my local cinema as well.

Picked up new room key, landlord confirmed Not A MurderRapist. All bills included, £28 per month cheaper for a bigger room with a bigger bed and a bigger desk in it 10 minutes walking closer to work a mile closer to the sea front. Oh, and it has shelves.

Mother fucking SHELVES.

So I created my first ever infographic today at work. Would appreciate it if you guys took a look at it and let me know what you think... Took me the best part of 3 hours! Because I'm not actually posting this for SEO benefits (just wanted to show some people what I've been working on and gain some feedback) the URL doesn't click.

wiseknotweed.com/news/article/japanese-knotweed-infographic/

edit - I was limited to the company's branding guidelines when creating the colour scheme!

Edited by Charlie

I've done the one thing I've been wanting to do for a very long time two days ago and that was ride a motorbike. I had an hour's lesson for free and apparently, I was better than the students he had on the day as I was the first one to get into second gear so fast and said that I just did part of what I would expect in a CBT in under an hour and then went on to say that I picked it up very quick and I've never been on one before (well, only on the back of one but that was years ago). I was happy with myself!

So I decided to book in for my CBT and it's next week. I'm a little nervous because I'll be going on the roads but hopefully, I'll be okay and I hope to come back here and tell you guys that I can legally ride a 125cc motorbike :D (well, for two years anyway, haha).

If you have a driving license, or pass your test within those two years, then your CBT won't expire. It may be limited to automatics though.

If you have a driving license, or pass your test within those two years, then your CBT won't expire. It may be limited to automatics though.

Wait, what?! I have a car license and have had it since August 2008. You saying that if I pass my CBT, it's unlimited? :D

Wait, what?! I have a car license and have had it since August 2008. You saying that if I pass my CBT, it's unlimited? :D

No. It will expire. You'd have to pass your Bike test and by then the CBT would be redundant and you could actually ride non-girl motorbikes.

No. It will expire. You'd have to pass your Bike test and by then the CBT would be redundant and you could actually ride non-girl motorbikes.

LOOOL! I want to get my CBT out of the way and then I have two years to do the bike theory and then the full test, which I will do by then. I don't plan on having a bike right now but I know I will want one in the future and it's a good skill to learn anyways.

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/motoring/learnerandnewdrivers/ridingmotorcyclesandmopeds/dg_4022430

"A CBT certificate confirming full moped rights on a full car licence lasts for the life of the licence. So, it's important that you keep your CBT certificate in a safe place."

It's only 50cc though.

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/motoring/learnerandnewdrivers/ridingmotorcyclesandmopeds/dg_4022430

"A CBT certificate confirming full moped rights on a full car licence lasts for the life of the licence. So, it's important that you keep your CBT certificate in a safe place."

It's only 50cc though.

So I could ride a moped for life after doing my CBT but not a 125cc? Ah! Really would have been cool if it was a 125cc bike but even then, I'd still do my full test anyways. I even know what I'd like as a first bike should I pass the whole thing:

suzuki-bandit-600.jpg

A Suzuki Bandit 600. Hopefully, one day, I may ride a Honda Blackbird! :D:D:D

That's a valid point. You'd be better off with a bicycle than a 50cc.

So what do you think of the Bandit 600 as a first bike, Jon? Any good? What would you choose?

So what do you think of the Bandit 600 as a first bike, Jon? Any good? What would you choose?

It's a good bike. It really depends on what style your after, if you prefer a tourer or you're more into the sport models. My first Bike was a Honda 600CBR Fireblade. Sold it a couple of years back and just stuck with cars. I'd love to get a Yamaha R1 but it would probably be the death of me and my wallet.

Been offered a place on the MSc course I applied to on Friday. :yay:

Wasn't expecting them to get back to me so quickly and not sure that my references were sent by my lecturers (at least 1 hasn't been as going by an email that I received from one earlier today asking if what he'd written was alright and I haven't replied yet).

Still, great news. Kind of expected to be offered a place but what I didn't expect was to be told that they were so impressed with my application that I'm eligible for a scholarship :D Now all that's left to do is find a job up in Dundee and a flat and I can get away from the parents.

It's a good bike. It really depends on what style your after, if you prefer a tourer or you're more into the sport models. My first Bike was a Honda 600CBR Fireblade. Sold it a couple of years back and just stuck with cars. I'd love to get a Yamaha R1 but it would probably be the death of me and my wallet.

Yeah, I've heard good things about them and I've been on the back of a Bandit before and liked it (obviously I know riding one would be a different experience altogether) but I did want something along the lines of a Bandit. So are you going to buy the Yamaha R1 eventually?

Been offered a place on the MSc course I applied to on Friday. :yay:

Wasn't expecting them to get back to me so quickly and not sure that my references were sent by my lecturers (at least 1 hasn't been as going by an email that I received from one earlier today asking if what he'd written was alright and I haven't replied yet).

Still, great news. Kind of expected to be offered a place but what I didn't expect was to be told that they were so impressed with my application that I'm eligible for a scholarship :D Now all that's left to do is find a job up in Dundee and a flat and I can get away from the parents.

Well done Ganepark, that's awesome news! :D

Yeah, I've heard good things about them and I've been on the back of a Bandit before and liked it (obviously I know riding one would be a different experience altogether) but I did want something along the lines of a Bandit. So are you going to buy the Yamaha R1 eventually?

Well done Ganepark, that's awesome news! :D

Doubtful, it's pretty expensive and i'd be too wary of damaging it anyway.

Bikes are tricky, it will certainly (if you ride properly) a much better driver, you need to take your CBT regardless to do your ''full'' test anyway, which means if you're a little worried or don't have the funds, you've got a little time between the two.

I got given news that I might be staying here longer than planned - exciting!

Should be going to Ireland again later on in the year, this time to the SOUTH! I had a great time last month in Belfast so I'm sure it shall be spiffing.

Pay day, yay! I'm currently at 75% for saving up for my new MacBook Pro. =D

My holiday starts now! Leaving to a hotel somewhere tonight because of a wedding tomorrow, coming back on Sunday and then leaving for Belgium on Monday morning. Yay for a week off! ^____^

Most excellent weekend.

Saturday:

Put a whole load of money into my bank account from car part sales, 2 RedBubble cheques (hadn't had chance to pay in one before another one showed up), a wedding I did a while back and also a studio shoot I had done. Managed to put £900 into savings in about a week.

Went to a rather smashing music festival.

Pretty much saw everyone I knew, including a girl I asked out once, later to find out she was a friend's sister. She is stunning.

Got some shiny new clothes.

Sunday

Went for the first bike ride in a long time. Still got it. Nice rain shower on the return journey to cool me down. Most enjoyable.

We have an Olympic event going on in work at the min. Each team on the floor is a different country (we're China) and we have different events each week to participate in for medals / alcoholic goodies / chocolate munch.

Today was hoola hooping. Being the skinniest member of the team I was volunteered despite a heavy protest as I haven't hoola hooped since I was a kid.

Anyway much to my surprise I was amazing and managed 6 minutes of pure hoola hoop action!

Something like this:

... minus the singing.

We have an Olympic event going on in work at the min. Each team on the floor is a different country (we're China) and we have different events each week to participate in for medals / alcoholic goodies / chocolate munch.

A really good idea! Maybe we should a have our own N-E Olympics here as well? Although, what events and how to execute the whole thing...?