NEurope
nightwolf

good stuff thread.

Been at the Isle of Wight Festival for the sixth year running, despite the mud and horror actually getting there on Thursday, one of the best weekends of my life.

Never drunk so much before, yet somehow held up and didn't throw up at all! Like @ipaul I wasn't a massive Bruce fan, got into him a bit in the last few weeks through his Greatest Hits, but seriously, one of the best live acts I have ever seen. What a fucking legend he is.

Springsteen is awesome. There should be more fans around here. ADMIT IT.

BUT! Tonight I begin I first late night shift. I've not exactly had the greatest amount of training (2 hours) but let's see if I can pull it off.

Springsteen is fucking immense, he's unrivalled in the music industry.

After a crappy long day at work it's been nice to return home to a cooked meal (well, salad), some wine and then later be joined by friends for Beat the Beat and random YouTube videos. Exactly what I needed.

BUT! Tonight I begin I first late night shift. I've not exactly had the greatest amount of training (2 hours) but let's see if I can pull it off.

With two hours left I'm taking my one hour break. I can't stand having hem close to the atart of the shift... Things start to drag. It's an awesome feeling knowing there will be around 40 mins of work left. So long as I drag the jobs out I won't be standing around and the other bosses giving me their work to do for them. I can imagine Friday night won't be as quiet.

Installed Ubuntu on my laptop for the craic. It wasn't easy because my laptop already had 4 primary partitions and that's apparently the max. But now I know all about primary partitions.

I am finally off the 6-6 shifts, for a total of three days. This means I'm picking up the keys to my new house tonight. :)

iI have no idea what a First is but I assume it's like an A+ or something?

But it seems to be a really really good thing so major congrats are in order, well done :D

winter-is-coming-meme-generator-prepare-yourself-congratulations-are-coming-81043f.jpg

Just got my uni results.

I GOT A BLOODY FIRST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Success-Kid-FUCK-YEAH.jpg

b4akk3.jpg

Stop stealing mah gifs! :heh:

Congrats!

Stop stealing mah gifs! :heh:

Congrats!

Stop giving me gifs then :heh:

And yeah Mokong, pretty much the best kinda degree you can get! Well chuffed!

Thanks everybody!!!

Well done mr-paul. What degree is it?

BA(Hons) in Journalism from City University London, one of the most respected Journalism schools in the world. Pity there is no money/jobs in the field at the moment, but this gives me a slightly better chance than many!

Have decided I want to stay on studying at Dundee and got for a MSc in Eye Movement and Cognition. Think it's a good thing. Well, it'll be helpful in the long run but not so sure staying in Dundee is ever a good thing :laughing:

Just waiting on my dissertation supervisor doing a reference for me and need to scan in my degree transcripts before I can submit the application but I'm hoping I get a place. Aced the Vision module this year so that alone should be good enough and my PhD idea that wasn't taken on can be used for my dissertation so fingers crossed.

A small step but I'm slowly working out where I want to go/what I want to do/who I intended to be/

So yesterday I turned down a job of about 35/40 grand a year to take a risk on something that sounded more fun.

If I was my own son I'd say I were proud of me. Or something.

FUN SOUNDING THINGS!!

tumblr_llk5tj6wJI1qayyfbo1_500.png

(any excuse for a bit of Parks and Rec)

Is that what this Darkly Dreaming Daedulus stuff is about? [/nosey] Good luck with whatever it may be :)

I'm just trying to recreate a classic movie studio logo/splash screen. Trying a few things out.

Kind of like,

columbia%2Blogo.jpg

rko+logo.jpg

Currently it's not great but yeah, total work in progress.

The only thing I would say so far is it looks a bit like text stuck on a background. Try integrating it a bit more. I don't really have any suggestions as to how but that's what stuck out to me.

Perhaps put the words behind the signal waves. And those zig zag signal waves look odd when combined with the circular ones.

Exam results daaaay. I got an overall merit, and a distinction in 2 units. KEWL.

(I'd already been told i passed, so i'm not MEGA hyper, but still... very nice!) This calls for chocolate.

I have finally finished moving and packing, so tomorrow, I'm going to our new house to wait for a sofa and then I'm going to a friend's to stay so we can go to New York Sunday morning.

Loving my life right now.

Kthnxbye.

Hate you :p Enjoy!

Had a French student come in today because their exam was illegible so I had to type it up while they dictated it. Was very hot, like...seriously.

rc0cxz.jpg

Had a French student come in today because their exam was illegible so I had to type it up while they dictated it. Was very hot, like...seriously.

"And my answer for ze question number deux: to fix ze problemz wiz ziz tax code, we only have to luk at paragraph cinq, sectionne troise, where ze intricaciez of ze taxes iz explained..."

"Hoochie mama!" :o

"Excuse moi? Did you say something?"

"No, carry on."