NEurope
nightwolf

good stuff thread.

So i was playing poker on pokerstars and I won $130 :D the Ukranian guy I won it from was pissed. Saying I was a bad player that allways makes "moron calls" but screw him, I have his money and its going straight into my bank account. AWWWW YEAH!! :D

Perhaps put the words behind the signal waves. And those zig zag signal waves look odd when combined with the circular ones.

...I didn't make those. They're the real ones. :heh:

Had a pretty awesome weekend, which was definitely in order. Went to the farm and park yesterday morning, lunch with a friend and we sat and drank on my roof for a few hours. Then met another friend for drinks in the evening.

Thorpe Park today. I'm not really a ride person (don't like not being on the ground :heh:) so the first few I pretty much curled up into a ball! But I got there and even when I was scared I was enjoying myself. Got back, popped to Tescos and bumped into Daft and Molly, just a shame I looked so trashy.

Now I'm going to curl up in bed with Leslie Knope and try and forget that tomorrow is Monday.

I've been at the pub since 1pm, I wouldn't have noticed if you were being carried by a flock of glow-in-the-dark parrots.

I've been at the pub since 1pm, I wouldn't have noticed if you were being carried by a flock of glow-in-the-dark parrots.

I was apologising more to Molly :heh: (who, likewise, probably didn't even notice).

Well I missed out on the N-E meet up, but I did move into the new house on Friday, and got Millie Back :)

All my housemates have left. It's just me now. I'm alone.

Time for some good old-fashioned casual nudity.

Ladies, come on now there's no need for fighting. I'm sure there is enough gaggle to go around.

I went to my new office of 8 weeks and had an amazing dinner, for free. Nom!

@nightwolf, What's the weather like over there atm... awesome?

Make sure you go up on the roof of the MET at some point, lovely views and also two years ago when I went they had this amazing bamboo exhibit/structure up there... *photo*

61355158.jpg

And yeah I know it's been recommended to you already but the Top of the Rock gives you the best views of the city, but seeing as you're there for a while you can make sure to go there at different times of the day, which should be great! :D

... The Nintendo store is also in Rockefeller Centre if you feel like getting your geek on.

I'd also really recommend getting a cab over to the other side of the Manhattan/Brooklyn Bridge at night for views of the city and then walking back over the bridge into the city.

Also if you haven't seen it already I went to see The Lion King musical up at Times Square on Broadway, which was amazing!

[sorry if I've just told you everything you already know/are planning, but anyway...]

Have SO much fun! :D

and keep us updated with pics!

Hehe, we've not had much chance to do anything yet. We've got tomorrow and the 5th off and then working for four days and then having four on four off, so we've made a list.

I'm certainly finding that taxis are just the way to go to get round or walk, it might be a bit more costly, but I love it.

However, my feet are also blistered to heck from walking to and from walk, it's a bit of a trek, but the shops along the way are great.

:)

@nightwolf Yeah actually walking is far easier than maybe first expected around New York... I will say though that if you decide to walk to the MET or the Guggenheim, (which is nice as you can go alongside or through the park and there are loads of art stalls set-out) they're much further than you might expect so take a bottle of water or something.

The cabs are brilliant! There are the crazy fast ones... and many characters; we had one before where the guy had some kind of small water features like shrine around the ash tray area at the front! :p

After weeks of overtime we finally had our exam board and it all went smoothly and quickly.

Then we went for drinks (I had milkshake because I'm 5).

And been to make my own Gromit at an event at Old Spitalfields Market, which was funsies.

Then we went to the Childish Gambino gig and it was pretty awesome. He also released a new mixtape today that features Tina Fey.

Finally, found out today I'm going to get a bonus in October so I'm now

tumblr_m4b6i4j42O1ructpbo1_250.gif

I needed today.

@nightwolf Yeah actually walking is far easier than maybe first expected around New York... I will say though that if you decide to walk to the MET or the Guggenheim, (which is nice as you can go alongside or through the park and there are loads of art stalls set-out) they're much further than you might expect so take a bottle of water or something.

The cabs are brilliant! There are the crazy fast ones... and many characters; we had one before where the guy had some kind of small water features like shrine around the ash tray area at the front! :p

Yeah, everything is like 20-30 minute walk. Easy enough, but the weather here is insane.

We met the best character today, a Russian guy who had been driving for 20 years and loved England, we gave him a huge tip as he drove past the freedom/twin towers for us and told us all about it.

:D

Today I feel strangely connected to humanity. :D

And you're posting this in the "good stuff thread"?

And you're posting this in the "good stuff thread"?

Yes. :)

He is connected to humanity through a knife.

Definitely not, that is one of my biggest fears. :smile:

I just rejected a second company in as many weeks. I'm sure I'll be laughing at this when I'm finding it hard to get a job. And when I say laughing, I mean crying.

Aircon.

It's going to be 39degrees on Saturday here apparently. I'm not built for this weather.

Found out yesterday that I got a B for the 10-page written assignment on rhetorics I handed in after stressing out and staying up all night writing. Didn't think it was that good, but apparently I underestimated my own performance!

Aircon.

It's going to be 39degrees on Saturday here apparently. I'm not built for this weather.

Waaa I'm in New York on a paid work trip. Waaa it's too hot. Waaa.

I'm just jealous :heh:

Sounds almost like the brief moments of the last [one-before] N-E Meet, then just after you derobed yourself enough to cope with it - the heavens opened.