NEurope
nightwolf

good stuff thread.

I didn't even know results like that were possible on a camera.

Most people add motion blur in Photoshop since it's easier. I just did it the old fashioned way.

It's all about having the right shutter speed. Too quick and the background doesn't blur. Too slow and it's harder to keep the car sharp since you have to keep it in the same place for longer. I think I used a shutter speed of 1/400. Don't quote me on that though. Here's some I did a while back:

59261_10150259463220341_2761016_n.jpg

47748_10150259463720341_7627846_n.jpg

P5140933.jpg

Most people add motion blur in Photoshop since it's easier. I just did it the old fashioned way.

It's all about having the right shutter speed. Too quick and the background doesn't blur. Too slow and it's harder to keep the car sharp since you have to keep it in the same place for longer. I think I used a shutter speed of 1/400. Don't quote me on that though. Here's some I did a while back:

I've always taken mine between 1/60 and 1/100

dav2308a.jpg

dav1910c.jpg

dav2730a.jpg

Edited by Retro_Link

A mark of a good photogropher:

47748_10150259463720341_7627846_n.jpg

They can make a road sweeper look impressive.

I've always taken mine between 1/60 and 1/100

Just checked the file info and I was shooting at 1/160. Not sure where I got 1/400 from.

Do you use a tripod at all? I did for the first few tries, but found it to be annoying so switched to hand held.

A mark of a good photogropher:

They can make a road sweeper look impressive.

I had been fannying around with panning shots for a while and thought it would be funny to try it with the sweeper. It was a bit tricky since it moved so damn slow.

Just checked the file info and I was shooting at 1/160. Not sure where I got 1/400 from.

Do you use a tripod at all? I did for the first few tries, but found it to be annoying so switched to hand held.

I had been fannying around with panning shots for a while and thought it would be funny to try it with the sweeper. It was a bit tricky since it moved so damn slow.

haha yeah I can imagine that with the sweeper! :p

Yeah I take them all just hand held.

I've thought about trying a monopod, but tbh I think I'd just find that it got in the way/would forget it was there and pick the camera up.

Just got back from San Diego today, had an amazing time at Comic-Con, made new friends, got loads of stuff signed got a few sketches, avoided blowing my budget!

Didn't manage to get into the Hall H panels since you needed to be queuing from before 6am and I wasn't that committed!

Got a nice call today, apparently I'm in the final to win an Audi TT! All I need to do is pay them about £44 a month for three months for 200 lottery tickets and I could win "A lot of money!"

I must be well lucky.

On the non-scam side of things. I'm finally getting a nice tax return. IT'S ABOUT FUCKING TIME.

Edited by EEVILMURRAY

Got a nice call today, apparently I'm in the final to win an Audi TT! All I need to do is pay them about £44 a month for three months for 200 lottery tickets and I could win "A lot of money!"

I must be well lucky.

er9y0x_Has_Your_Credit_Card_Number_Been_STOLEN_On_The_Internet-s506x279-13914-580.png

I GOT THE JOB :) :)

After 5 years of being a Junior Database Administrator I am now..... *ahem* Senior Database Administrator.

Get a rather splendid pay increase too which couldn't come at a better time as Wedding saving preparations are now in place since the house move is completed.

Everything's coming up Milhouse!

Next step.... Lead Database Administrator

You have a job as boring as Chandler.

This shit...

photo1ip.jpg

photo2sxa.jpg

doesn't get boring.... this shit gets real!

shit-just-got-real.jpg

I'm looking at the WENUS and I'm not happy!

Seriously though, congrats.

Congrats Murr!

You have a job as boring as Chandler.

I also have a new Chandler-esque job title. Registry Processes and Data Quality Officer.

You are all helping to keep the ANUS on track then. Good on all of you!

Well done Murr! :D.

I got to visit:

480605_10151095863510731_358795581_n.jpg

and

389081_10151095852000731_503194063_n.jpg

and I get to see this tomorrow evening:

531467_10151095856140731_2025866021_n.jpg

eeeeeeee!

Thanks everyone for the thanking about the job :)

Got a lot to learn now, should be fun.

@nightwolf ... I'm Jealous!

Finally managed to get everything together to submit my post grad application, to study Eye Movement and Visual Cognition in Dundee from September, today. University email had been down for a couple of days so I wasn't able to sort out one of my references but they're now sending them separately so all sorted :D

Fingers crossed anyway. There is the slight issue of the £3400 needed to pay for the course but... meh, I'll sort it out. The Dark Knight Rises awaits!!!

Aww Murr! Sorry >.<

Argh Dark knight tonight, so excited! My friends have all today me its one of the best films they've seen possibly ever...excite!

Just had my yearly review at work - 25% pay rise, celebration tonight I think!

TDKR

Favourite Film of the Year

Favourite Film of the Trilogy, and quite possibly my

Favourite Film EVER!

So glad I stayed spoiler free.

Can't remember the last time I came out of the cinema feeling quite so wowed by a film.

Loved it.

Edited by Retro_Link

Sooo. Today has been pretty damn awesome.

- Graduated with first class honours in Journalism.

- Stuffed my face at the Hard Rock Cafe.

- Been out for lots of drinks.

- KARAOKE.

- It is now my birthday! No longer a student, I am officially a 22 year old man!

- Parents bought me Ray Bans/new camera for me as gifts for both events!

- I start my job at the London 2012 Aquatics Centre in just over 5 hours!