NEurope
nightwolf

good stuff thread.

Excellent, excellent evening. This pretty much confirms that if I stick 90% to spirits I do not suffer hang overs.

252704_10151910125545581_1841884842_n.jpg

547465_10151910123895581_58257679_n.jpg

535047_10151910121670581_271986852_n.jpg

<3

Great day/adventure at Silverstone yesterday in spite of the crazy constant rain and waterlogged/mud pit field car parks!

p1060183a.jpg

Edited by Retro_Link

Spent the day at the London Film and Comic Con. While terrible directions from Earl's Court to Kensington Olympia (as well as the proper train not appearing on any of the electric signs) caused me to miss Jewel Staite, I managed to swap the ticket for Adam Baldwin. Lots if great costumes, lots of hot girls. The place was much better and bigger than last year (and, thankfully, it wasn't half full of anime rubbish this time).

I got a PS2! Which means I could finally play my PS1 games, which means I could finally finish Final Fantasy VII. So I turn on the PS2, put Disc 1 in the disc tray, close it and play it.

PlayStation logo comes up, get epically excited to play it and then...black screen. Disc 1 doesn't work! Disc 2 does as does Disc 3 but Disc 1 don't! AAHHHHHH!

However, played my other PS1 games. Forgot how seriously bad the voice acting is on Resident Evil, haha! Still, I really love the fact I can play my old games again. So happy but I need to get FFVII Disc 1!

Waaa I'm in New York on a paid work trip. Waaa it's too hot. Waaa.

I'm just jealous :heh:

W/e. Shut your mouth :laughing:.

Not actually good news yet, could end up being bad news but, I've just applied for a new internal position at work. Fingers crossed.

Not actually good news yet, could end up being bad news but, I've just applied for a new internal position at work. Fingers crossed.

Good luck! I'm doing the same thing right now so fingers crossed!

Workload has dramatically reduced. Going to have another spike this weekend but after that, I'm free for the summer :) Time to get out and get my life sorted :)

And just in time for the N-E mee... erm. Well, you almost made it. Maybe next year.

36 hours until I start my journey to

comiccon1.jpg

can't wait!

Its totally my four day weekend. Long beach, freedom tower and shopping. Oh yes.

Not sure if this thread is specifically for good stuff for forum members, or genuine good things that are happening all over the world.

But i'll post this here as it's an instance of goodness happening somewhere else in the world -

Ron Perlman dons his Hellboy Costume for Make-A-Wish

Take note of one of the most heart-warming stories we've ever posted on SuperHeroHype.

Spectral Motion, a well known special effects company which has worked on the Fantastic Four, Hellboy, and X-Men films, has been the location of two Make-A-Wish children's wishes. For one of them, Zachary wanted to meet and become Hellboy. When Ron Perlman heard about it, he couldn't refuse to don the horns once again.

Spectral Motion said: In the past three weeks, Spectral Motion has been honored to host two wonderful Make-A-Wish children, Caleb and Zachary. Zachary loved his visit for two very special reasons. It was Zachary's wish to meet Hellboy and also to become Hellboy. When the Make-A-Wish Foundation contacted Spectral Motion with this request, Mike thought it would be fantastic to have Ron Perlman reprise his role for the day. Ron loved the idea and donned the makeup once more (with the assistance of Lufeng Qu and Eden Elizalde) and also ordered a Hellboy sized meal of burgers, shakes, and fries for Zachary and his family and the entire Spectral crew to enjoy. Later in the day, Zachary was transformed into Hellboy with the assistance of makeup artists Lufeng Qu and Neil Winn. Both of the Make-A-Wish days were a complete thrill for the families of the children, as well as for the crew at Spectral Motion!

hellboy_wish_1.jpg

hellboywish7.jpg

hellboywish8.jpg

Source - Superherohype

Class act by Perlman, put a smile on my face reading about it

Sometimes I wish I was a terminally ill kid.

Yeah, they get all the breaks the selfish little bastards.

I love Make-a-Wish, always been one of my favourites and that boy is badass. Liking Hellboy at that age? Hell yes.

Good luck! I'm doing the same thing right now so fingers crossed!

Have you heard anything yet mate?

Not actually good news yet' date=' could end up being bad news but, I've just applied for a new internal position at work. Fingers crossed.[/quote']

I've just been had an invite for an interview on Monday, So have the weekend to prepare / panic.

First interview is on Tuesday for me. It's with someone I know very well so not too worried about the interview. Good luck with yours!

At Archery tonight, I needed one last 3rd class score to get my 3rd class badge. Not only did I get the score I needed, but I beat it by 95. I needed 403 and I got 498. Smashing.

disney_19.jpg

Edit: Holy cock, I broke the previous club record of 494. Double smashing.

Edited by Goafer

I'm going to see a room tomorrow which could be damn well near perfect, great price, twenty minutes walk from work. Just as long as it isn't an actual cupboard and/or infested with lizards and/or the landlord isn't a murder-rapist, I could be on to something good. Landlord does seem a bit off though. I asked for the street address, he texted me the postcode and then house number in two separate texts. Had to do an address search for the street.

If they discover my ravaged corpse stuffed into a drain, you'll all know what happened.

Booked my flight away to Venice / Verona for 15 days with my pseudo-wife. I'm yearning, let's all be weird for pay.

Out last night for a friend's birthday which was great fun. Haven't seen her and a few others since our graduation ball so was great catching up (although I wish a few other friends could have come along). Mix of old and new faces which was good and led to some interesting conversations and moves being busted when we hit a club, which for once was actually cheaper for drinks than the pub we were at originally.

"Crashed" at a friend's house (everyone else went to bed while I sat up and watched TV) and only got home an hour or so ago. So tired but so much fun. Seriously hope that, once I've finished my application, I do manage to get a place on the masters course I'm looking at as we don't get together as much now because uni is over and it'd allow us all to keep meeting up/going out as we'd all still be in the same place.

Will say, though, that I'm beginning to feel too old for the ol' 'all nighter'.

Went to Dragstalgia today. Whilst it may sound like something Chair might enjoy, it's actually a retro themed drag racing event. It was ace and I got to see some mental old bastards hooning around in old F1 Stock cars:

409707_10151966021340341_1388146945_n.jpg

576181_10151966026345341_403034841_n.jpg

309348_10151966022685341_179020598_n.jpg

Also a shameless post of this picture, since I really like it. I think I've got the hang of panning shots:

402868_10151966051255341_1876558878_n.jpg

Also, also, this guy makes me smile. He needs to become a meme:

552243_10151966050045341_1242123683_n.jpg

There's more photos in the Photography Thread.

Also a shameless post of this picture, since I really like it. I think I've got the hang of panning shots:

402868_10151966051255341_1876558878_n.jpg

That's amazing.

I didn't even know results like that were possible on a camera.