NEurope
nightwolf

good stuff thread.

If we were near booby's bay I would have said yes, but after our talk of those 'dangerous' London streets I was quite worried about heading to Cock Hill with you ;)

You remember the iPad competition I have talked about at work? There are 29 teams, and as I've said previously, we've been doing well, progressing further each week.

We are currently number 1.

:awesome:

And episode 3....soon.

....Now

Edited by ReZourceman
Automerged Doublepost

Haven't played my ps3 in months due to the dreadful noise. Really is louder than a hoover. Took it apart today since I was at the stage where I was willing to risk it, and I found what may have been a problem.

Dusty1.jpg

Dusty2.jpg

Took ages to blow all of it out. There is loads more than those pictures show too, it was all in around the fan and stuff. Had it a fairly long time though and dust begets dust, since it helps to keep new dust in. /attempting to make people not call him a dusty bastard.

Just checked and so far it is whisper quiet and is not broken from taking it apart. Win :)

Edited by heroicjanitor

Soo, put together my first PC at the weekend. Maxed everything at 7.9 in the Windows index and runs Witcher 2 at max settings flawlessly! :D

And wow...SSDs are the future (I've tasted them). Just seconds to boot Windows.

Last exam in half an hour and then freeeeeeeeedom! In little over 2 hours I'll be at the pub...I've got plans for the next 6 nights. It's gonna hurt but its gonna be awesome.

And wow...SSDs are the future (I've tasted them). Just seconds to boot Windows.

Is it wrong that that turned me on a little?

I'm still lagging at 5.9 WIE thanks to the primary hard disk transfer rate.

Is it wrong that that turned me on a little?

I'm still lagging at 5.9 WIE thanks to the primary hard disk transfer rate.

SSD prices are starting to drop at last, assuming you have the mobo for it now's a good time to jump on board. Although I've been reading worrying things about OCZ Vertex drives failing after a year (worrying because I've been using one for about 18 months).

http://www.hotukdeals.com/search?action=search&keywords=ssd

I went with a Crucial M4 128GB SSD, has a lower specified write rate than the OCZ ones but apparently you wouldn't really notice any real world difference. Supposedly really reliable, got it for £88 too which is pretty good.

And nothing wrong with getting excited by the post Moogle. :p

Edited by Sheikah

Despite being at 9.15 in the morning, cognitive neuroscience exam went well. Think I've nailed it so hopefully I should be able to get a 1st for that as my easy was a 1st.

And despite having another exam tomorrow afternoon, rather than revising I sat in the union for 4 hours with others (who've all finished their exams... bastards! :laughing:) drinking margaritas as the union was doing specials on cocktails for the final week of exams. So plenty of drink, which led to some really awkward conversations about 'chebbs', penises and someone's mother meeting her boyfriend for the first time while he was naked in her room :P

Oh well, one exam left tomorrow and then I'm finished with Uni!!! I can then celebrate my b'day with even more drinks at the union and then look forward to more drinks on Thursday and a party on Friday. Huzzah!

I went with a Crucial M4 128GB SSD, has a lower specified write rate than the OCZ ones but apparently you wouldn't really notice any real world difference. Supposedly really reliable, got it for £88 too which is pretty good.

And nothing wrong with getting excited by the post Moogle. :p

Other than start-up, how much do you think it speeds up other activites? (general browsing, videos, gaming, editing etc.)

When I click programs like Chrome they open near instantly, relative to a few second delay I previously had. Photoshop starts much quicker too, virus scans seem to complete very quick (although bear in mind my SSD is fairly empty right now). Not tried video yet but will later (latest game of thrones ep in 720p). The Witcher 2 EE seems to load up incredibly fast, textures seem to ping instantly too.

For the price I think they're one of the biggest noticeable upgrades to the system you can get.

When I click programs like Chrome they open near instantly, relative to a few second delay I previously had. Photoshop starts much quicker too, virus scans seem to complete very quick (although bear in mind my SSD is fairly empty right now). Not tried video yet but will later (latest game of thrones ep in 720p). The Witcher 2 EE seems to load up incredibly fast, textures seem to ping instantly too.

For the price I think they're one of the biggest noticeable upgrades to the system you can get.

What are you using it for? Programs or just Windows?

What is SSD?

A hard drive that uses flash memory, so it has no moving parts and is a bit like one big USB stick (it stands for solid-state drive).

What are you using it for? Programs or just Windows?

Everything except downloads like media and whatnot. OS, programs and games pretty much on the SSD. Although given the size of games, some I will probably leave on my HDD when the space get low (not like I would want to play more than 5 at the same time anyway).

Also, ironically it took probably about 7 minutes to install Windows 7 from my USB stick. Not even a USB 3.0 stick either...

First fun. gig in two years (and first one of this year!) and it was amazing. Would have loved to have been closer (and for them to play Stars) but it was a wonderful atmosphere and afterwards the band (eventually) came out. Got to chat with the three main members and got photos with them all. Nate and Jack loved my shirt and Andrew Dost knew who I was! Considering he's one of my favourite people it was flabbergasting!

So happy I can't even.

Not enough gifs on tumblr!...but here's one.

tumblr_m3x1nfL8ZX1qc4lot.gif

My braces were pinged off at the end and I wasn't able to brush em without the wire catching.. got them fixed yesterday and gave them a gooood scrubbing this morning, the relief is astounding lol.... i am really sad so it seems :heh:

:bouncy::yay:Officially finished with uni!!! :yay::bouncy:

Feels really weird, totally doesn't feel like it's been 4 years, but so happy that I'm done and I'm free from ever having to do exams again :D Unless I change my mind and decide to go for a taught post grad.

Know I'm pretty much guaranteed a 2:1 at this point given how I did last year getting a 2:1 for all my modules and the feedback I've had on my essays so it's just a matter of whether I've done enough to grab a first or whether I'll stay on the 2:1. We'll see. Dissertation will probably hold me back a bit but not really bothered now. Just so happy to be finished learning for the time being.

Had a small gathering last night after my last exam to celebrate being finished and my birthday but some still have an exam tomorrow so pretty much our entire year is gathering tomorrow night for a massive party. Should be great :D

Looking for a job today, I just realised all I want to do for a living is write and so want to set about this properly. :)

I just have no idea how.