NEurope
Dante

Resident Evil: The Mercenaries 3D

According to Kotaku, they have changed the shooting design so you can run and gun now. They said that they wanted the Mercenaries games to feel more fast paced and actiony so they know full that it's important not to do it on the full fledged horror titles.

Watched that trailer yesterday, thought it was pretty funny. Looking forward to this game.

A new challenger has appeared...

resident-evil-the-mercenaries-3d-20110517095843683_640w.jpg

resident-evil-the-mercenaries-3d-20110517095856401_640w.jpg

resident-evil-the-mercenaries-3d-20110517095850714_640w.jpg

Strangely Barry is the 8th character to be confirmed, and there was 8 character profiles on the character select screen in one of the videos; surely Leon's not an unlockable?!

Edited by Retro_Link

Add Len in already! I already have an interest in this already, but adding him in would out my interest up so much.

Also, online co-op!

Well, damn. Now I'm not believing Leon is in. Unless Barry is an unlockable, of course.

Barry being my favourite member of the Resident Evil franchise for the below reasons:

What is it?!

What.... is.... it?!

Edited by Aneres11

UK release July 1st :awesome:

My most anticipated 3DS game of the Summer. I've always wanted a handheld version of The Mercenaries, since being addicted to it on the Gamecube.

Just got my 4th 3DS game, eShop in a couple of weeks, OoT in 4 weeks, Resi 2 weeks after, then StarFox same month and if it makes it, Kid Icarus just after summer.

Busy times.

But I really hope that this has voice chat. It's really called for here.

Out on the same day as Solatorobo then. Hmmm.... The opportunity to play a demo of Revelations is pulling me in towards this but truth be told, I've never really cared for the Mercenaries modes in either RE4 or 5 so I'm not sure how much I'll get out of this.

But I really hope that this has voice chat. It's really called for here.

Looks like we'll have to share pre-made messages to communicate.

The good news is that you’ll be able to play wirelessly with a friend in local and Wi-Fi games. The more problematic news is the game’s communication options that appear to be limited to issuing in-game commands as opposed to proper voice chat, which would have been handy.

Source

It's out early June in Japan, so I'm sure we'll get more concrete information in the next few weeks.

Awww.

That's just fail. What good is pre-set message in an action/shooting game. Expected more from Capcom.

So we get online co-op but no way to properly communicate to the other player...

EPIC FAIL

So we get online co-op but no way to properly communicate to the other player...

EPIC FAIL

I rest my hopes on Nintendo pulling their heads out and offering some OS-level communication (while running a game) by means of a a future update. They must've intended the friendslist to be good for something.

Admittedly, there isn't much to hope going by their record. E3 in 3DS terms will actually be quiet disappointing, if they don't offer details, as to what they intend to do about it in the future.

I rest my hopes on Nintendo pulling their heads out and offering some OS-level communication (while running a game) by means of a a future update. They must've intended the friendslist to be good for something.

Admittedly, there isn't much to hope going by their record. E3 in 3DS terms will actually be quiet disappointing, if they don't offer details, as to what they intend to do about it in the future.

I would put money on the fact that Capcom would have approached Nintendo about this issue and got told that voice chat either isn't happening on 3DS at all or that it's nowhere near ready.

Another opportunity missed.

Here's Famitsu's review roundup.

Resident Evil: The Mercenaries

- controls feel like Resident Evil 5

- beautiful graphics are high quality

- score attack and strengthening your skills is addicting

- the ability to move while aiming your gun is a plus

- once you get used to having to press a button, it becomes useful in a variety of ways

- co-op is exciting

- you have to get used to the narrow field of view, but this view creates tension and fear

- there's strategy in character selection, and in using objects and terrain

- clearing the game with one character takes 8 hours

- clearing the game with all characters takes over 80 hours.

Sounds amazing!! Can't wait!! Online co-op will be great. Hope this is still clearing the game and not completely separate! What score did it get?

A character trailer has been shown and it's full of win!

Yet full of fail for not including Leon! :(

Anyone else feel that we should start a petition entitled 'No Leon, No Purchase!' in a feeble attempt to get Capcom to include him? Because I think it really is a tragedy that Leon doesn't appear to be playable when he was one of the first characters originally in the Mercenaries mini-game - the redone version anyway - so why the hell is he not in this? :mad:

Capcom can't claim that they 'didn't have enough space' and even if that was the case then... Idk... swap Rebecca for Leon? :p

Do yourself a favor and use your time better. :heh: A blind man with a stick can see why they aren't including some things fans might want and iirc someone from Capcom even stated that DLC would depend on the game's popularity.

Also: boycots and petitions for things that don't necessarily kill the game, tend to end like this.

Edited by Burny

If Leon is destined to be a DLC character then that I could understand but complete omission of one of the most loved characters in the series? That's just a crime surely...

The thing is with Capcom, they'll probably say 'yeah buy the game, if we sell lots, we'll include Leon... maybe' *game sells lots* Capcom - 'Oh yeah, the game sold well but not quite well enough... sorry... lol' which basically equates to, they were never going to include DLC in the first place.

More than likely I will still buy this but... just... meh. :heh: