NEurope
Dante

Resident Evil: The Mercenaries 3D

A release date would good! I'd be happy to play this as I didn't get to explore.thosode much at all. And multiplayer makes me happy :bouncy:

Front page says this comes with a demo of Revelations. Ramps my interest up a bit.

Hope they play that up if they want good sales too. Demo pack-ins tend to perform fairly well! See also: MGS2 demo with Z.O.E. Also, whatever game had a DMC demo with it (I think maybe Code Veronica X?)

I'm confused about the controls. In previews I've read it says the stylus is used for aiming, and you can move and shoot at the same time. At the 3DS preview event I tried the game out, and used the analogue pad and buttons to control the game, I didn't even notice a stylus to use with it.

Was it just an old demo, or am I confusing this with the other Resident Evil game?

I think it's more the other way around. The idea of having full movement and aiming was an old concept but is no longer in the game.

Well from what I recall recent previews mentioned moving and shooting was limited to moving without the ability to aim and just kind of blasting in front of you as you ran or something.

This game has a character customization system. You'll be able to build up your character like in an RPG. Set your character with skills, which will level up. You'll also be able to customize weapons.

But there's a lot more to it than just those modes thrown in. More levels, characters, customisation, online... Sounds pretty good to me!

Of course! It would be an absolute joke if they didn't add some more features. Online was in RE5's Mercenaries. But it's still just the mini-game from another game turned into its own game. Put it this way, what if they made full 3DS retail versions of:

Sonic's Special Stages

Mario Bros (the vs mode with the POW blocks)

CoD Black Ops/Timesplitters' Zombie Mode

CoD MW2 Special Ops Mode

God of War's Challenge of the Titans

Sonic Adventure 2's Chao Garden

Metal Gear Solid's VR Missions

Perfect Dark's challenges

I think you can see where I'm going with this.

Well most of those special stages aren't even close to being as good as Resident Evils mode, but if they were fleshed out into a full game then I wouldn't complain about a Zombie FPS! If this game is a cheap cash in with barely any new content, then I'm with you all the way, but I (maybe naively) expect this to be a game in its own right

Comparing it to a port of Gears of War Horde Mode would be closer to what this is.

Metal Gear Solid's VR Missions

Didn't they release a full retail game for the PS1? I'm fairly sure they did.

Anyway, the difference between most of those minigames and Mercenaries is that Mercenaries is just that awesome :heh:

But really, if an extra mode is different enough from the main game to get it's own spinoff, I don't see why they shouldn't try. Spinoffs have been successful in the past, and if we base a spinoff on a popular minigame, better chances of it doing well.

Also, is the CoD zombie mode the one where you can play as Nixon, Kennedy and Fidel Castro? I would love a game with more zany situations like that.

Graphics look great, though like Shorty I'm still not convinced about the game.

Also, where's Weskers camp voice?

The best thing about Res Evil 5!

Sonic Adventure 2's Chao Garden

I'll take it! Aside from the obvious problems regarding I'd have nothing to feed my Chao..

But it's the same voice actor, isn't it? Good enough for me.

I've not played RE5 beyond the demo but is that how Wesker punches in that version of Mercenaries? If so, it's a bit of a come down from his RE4 punch.

I've not played RE5 beyond the demo but is that how Wesker punches in that version of Mercenaries? If so, it's a bit of a come down from his RE4 punch.

I think everyone in this game has extra moves (at least Krauser does). I do hope his RE4 punch is still there.

If it's anything like RE5, it depends on where the enemies get shot and which direction you go up to them. The cobra punch or something was the special one that only happened if it was the third in a row of combos wasn't it?

This video suggests his punch was tonned down in RE5, even for the 3 Combo as shown,

Certainly no RE4!

Edited by Retro_Link

I think everyone in this game has extra moves (at least Krauser does). I do hope his RE4 punch is still there.

Hmm.. you could be right.

At the very start, you see Wesker after the clock shatter and he has his hand out like he's just done the business.

Rest easy folks - false alarm. There's nothing to see here. Move along.

This video suggests his punch was tonned down in RE5, even for the 3 Combo as shown,

Certainly no RE4!

Well that's a bit sucky then... It better be the proper version.

^ I think in RE5 they made it more destructive, but not as fun i.e. send them flying!

I'd prefer to watch them go flying than just instantly blow up - definitely more fun.

That's why I punch the way I do :)