N-Europe

How I Met Your Mother

Mokong

• Replies 608
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unlike episode 5, you mean? :heh:

I was going to comment on how I liked the previous episode where Marshall and Lily dealt with their mortality more. The scene where Marshall wrote the world's most touching letter and then opened up Lily's only to find her debit card pin number and a reminder to cancel Vogue was funnier than anything in episode 4.

But then I couldn't be bothered, because it gets boring to complain about how bad the show is now every week.

Well, I haven't seen episode 5. But going solely by effort-to-post-reactions I was assuming it was a bit better. It had to be, as episode 4 was a low point of the series to date for me.

I agree on your last point though, I think it's time to slink back into silent observation.

I always thought a season was just a show that ran through a season...then again, I suppose that would be pretty impossible for shows like Heroes that had 21 episodes in one season and stuff.

But yeah, HIMYM didn't make me laugh in this episode. The only thing that made me chuckle a little was Brover but other than that...ugh! :(

Americans seem to think British seasons/series are miniseries, so that just makes things even more confusing.

There was a lot of discussion about the first season of American Horror Story getting an Emmy nomination for best miniseries because oh it will have another season but oh no the second season will be a brand new story, but apparently everyone agrees that Sherlock is a miniseries.

Maybe they just mean that the season/series is really short.

Here in Portugal, we use the American nomenclature regarding those, and if anything has 4 episodes or less, it's a mini-series (Then again, I've never seen anything with 5 episodes in it, maybe that counts, too)

Kind of average. At least Marshall is generally good at making me laugh, so this was not the low that was last week's episode.

I'm just bummed Victoria used Robin as the reason to break up with Ted. Sure, it's in-character, but it's still a bitchy move.

Well that is Robin and Nick over with.

Gotta say was very disappointed with how they ended that one. Felt way too rushed, like "hey we need to break them up now, how do we do it....lets make Nick dumb"

Would have been fine had he seemed that dumb before this but he didn't. It was like teh Nick in this ep and the other 5 eps of this season were two different characters.

Had they expanded more on the "issue" from the previous ep where Robin had "close guy friends" then the break up would have fitted better.

But the most disappointing thing of all..... they never had Nick make a single BSG refer :mad: Gods DAMNIT all I wanted was for him to even just mention All Along The Watch Tower being his favourite song and that would have been enough (actually playing it would have been epic though) :heh:

That's how all the break-ups have gone this season.

Barney and Quinn have a great relationship and suddenly they don't trust each other.

Ted and Victoria have some issues - she's super messy, the guy she left at the altar comes to live with them - but they break up because she's suddenly really pushy about taking the next step and extremely jealous of Robin.

Robin prioritizes her guy friends over Nick, but the reason they break up is that he was dumb as a bag of hammers all along and we just didn't notice somehow.

I wouldn't be surprised if Marshall and Lily break up next week because it turns out she was a man all along.

Speaking of Marshall and Lily, they were pretty terrible this episode. Lily especially. And who would have guessed that someone looking after their child for a little while would solve all of their problems? Certainly not me!

Too bad they don't have anyone who can look after their kid when they need some time alone. Say, a relative or something. Maybe someone who's a dad himself.

Speaking of Marshall and Lily, they were pretty terrible this episode. Lily especially. And who would have guessed that someone looking after their child for a little while would solve all of their problems? Certainly not me!

Did I completely imagine an entire episode that focused on Lily and Marshall finding someone to look after their baby on a regular basis?

I could have sworn that happened not so long ago...

They found Lily's dad, but I suppose the issue is this was happening late at night so it's not convenient to call (and just how likely are you to say "dad, can you babysit the kid we want to have sex"?). Ted offered to take the kid off their hands as he was there.

They can have sex during the day?

They don't need to tell him they're going to have sex?

He should already be looking after the kid from time to time?

Stop defending bad writing, Ashley. :p

Did I completely imagine an entire episode that focused on Lily and Marshall finding someone to look after their baby on a regular basis?

I could have sworn that happened not so long ago...

Can't say I remember that!

But then I'm pretty sure this show ended after season 4, so I'm not sure why this thread is even still going.

They can have sex during the day?

The kid is awake and needs looking after him!

They don't need to tell him they're going to have sex?

I was referring to them asking in the middle of the night.

He should already be looking after the kid from time to time?

And when he is they're out getting drunk or acting like sassy women (as per last week)

Stop defending bad writing, Ashley. :p

No, I'm tired.

I know that doesn't make sense but gorillas wear tutus!

Ted cheated on Victoria with Robin, is clearly still fond of Robin in some regards (maybe (hopefully) not romantically but there's a connection there that won't shake) and given that Victoria just left a man at the alter she must be aware that someone needs to really commit. If she can't get Ted to jump in 100% then for her own sake, she needs to bail. It's a dick move to pull, but better you know now than years down the line.

Barney proposed with little thought (seemingly more thought went into the proposal than the outcome) to a girl he barely knew that when they first met conned him. She didn't trust him at first, and clearly has wider trust issues with men. They broke up due to lack of trust. It was in a different way, but still ultimately trust.

Robin was still kind of rebounding from Kevin, presumably unwilling to have any real emotional connection due to her health issues last season and is seemingly avoiding facing her feelings about Barney. Her relationship with Nick was sexual, once that had gone she realised other flaws in his personality. It wasn't so much a change of reasons, but rather his dumbness was the straw that broke the camel's backs.

The break-ups have all had seeds planted and they're all from a series of things, rather than just one particular thing.

Edited by Ashley

Ted cheated on Victoria with Robin, is clearly still fond of Robin in some regards (maybe (hopefully) not romantically but there's a connection there that won't shake) and given that Victoria just left a man at the alter she must be aware that someone needs to really commit. If she can't get Ted to jump in 100% then for her own sake, she needs to bail. It's a dick move to pull, but better you know now than years down the line.

Barney proposed with little thought (seemingly more thought went into the proposal than the outcome) to a girl he barely knew that when they first met conned him. She didn't trust him at first, and clearly has wider trust issues with men. They broke up due to lack of trust. It was in a different way, but still ultimately trust.

Robin was still kind of rebounding from Kevin, presumably unwilling to have any real emotional connection due to her health issues last season and is seemingly avoiding facing her feelings about Barney. Her relationship with Nick was sexual, once that had gone she realised other flaws in his personality. It wasn't so much a change of reasons, but rather his dumbness was the straw that broke the camel's backs.

The break-ups have all had seeds planted and they're all from a series of things, rather than just one particular thing.

Consider this part thanked, as I mostly agree with it. I thought the break-ups made sense if we see things as a whole.

Though I do think Victoria was a tad too unreasonable, it was still coherent.

The Lily&Marshall plothole really is that, however, not thanking that defence :heh:

I also thought this episode was decent enough. Though I will admit that living with a family of architects helps.

Just re-watched with my housemate. Robin's relationship with Nick was pretty much her relationship with her ex (also called Nick). Apparently there were times she even said "just shut up and flex". Amused us.

What was with all the yellow in Splitesville? Weird set dressing.