N-Europe

Music You've Outgrown

Ashley

We all used to love artists when we were younger but grew out of them.

Who? Why?

Personally I used to like Nirvana (didn't every 14 year old?) and kind of gave up listening to them. I don't mind hearing them from time to time but I doubt I could listen to a whole album nowadays. Just no interest.

Red Hot Chilli Peppers. My interest waned as their quality did. Songs like 'Snow (Oh Yeah)' (or whatever its called) are just rubbish. What happened?

Muse. They changed direction and I didn't care much for it.

Foo Fighters. I just gave up listening really.

This isn't a "crap music" thread (as I appreciate the above have some good stuff) but what you are no longer interested in. An insight into your past and present musical tastes as it were.

Wow...

i've got to say all 4 of the bands you've suggested are the same as me,

Nirvana - used to listen to quite alot, now only your bigger songs Lithium, D-7, Come as you are and of course smells like teen spirit.

Muse - First album was constantly listened to, not listened to them for ages, and not keen on the new songs excluding Knights of Cyndonia

RHCP - i realized that after by the way all the songs sounded the same, just got boring

Foo Fighters - same explanation as RHCP - Loved One by One mainly due to 'all my life' but after that just grew bored of the albums.

My own mentions though are -

System of a Down - I could not stop listening to these guys during college, constantly being played on my iPod, Car, CD Player etc etc, now i dont listen to at all anymore. maybe baring Chop Suey, Sugar.

The Offspring - After Conspiracy of one it all went meh.

Iron Maiden - I've got all their albums up till Dance of Death, and like SOAD really loved them, saw them twice, was always looking for their albums on Vinyl, just loved to collect everything about them, and loved listening to them.

only recently though i've got back into them... who doesnt like The Trooper.

During college i sort of switched to Senses Fail, Silverstien, Story of the year, rise against, Atreyu etc... and still listen to them today, although i've started delving into slightly heavier stuff like Blood Simple and a few classic on Nu-Metal stuff like Disturbed, Spineshank, Drowning Pool... all stuff i used to listen to anyway, just re-discovering it.

I don't think the thread is about " bands that went shit after said album" but rather bands you just get tired of listening to..

Am there isn't much I gotta admit, I never caved into any trends in music, I tend to dislike most of them to be honest... Suppose a lot of cheesy 90's pop like the spice girls but we were all young once.

I don't think the thread is about " bands that went shit after said album" but rather bands you just get tired of listening to..

Yeah this. Of the artists I've mentioned if I listened to their new albums I'd probably be okay with one or two songs (other than Nirvana obviously) but as a whole I've just grown tired of them.

Everything is in it's right place on my iTunes. I still like or appreciate most of my stuff (I'll probably remember an obvious one later on).

Maybe Garbage counts? I still like them, but nowhere near as much, and never really find myself listening to them anymore.

Garbage is the main one that comes to mind. But funnily enough i listened to Version 2.0 recently and enjoyed it. But definitely couldn't listen to them a lot.

Also used to listen to faddy bands like Limp Bizkit and Papa Roach when they became popular, but now they just seem a bit young for me.

Maybe Garbage counts? I still like them, but nowhere near as much, and never really find myself listening to them anymore.

I thought Garbage when I looked at the thread title. A very "teenage" band. Can't really see myself being a fan (to the same degree as I was) in 5 years time.

Other stuff I've outgrown: most shit music. Anything like Panic At The Disco.

Other stuff I've outgrown: most shit music. Anything like Panic At The Disco.

See I still enjoy them, though with different ears to when I first heard them (and I still have no opinion on their second album). I quite like *remembers the name* A Fever You Can't Sweat Out and how it's all over the place. But I think nostalgia tinges it./ I know. Same with My Chemical Romance.

I did use to like rap, but i've grown out of that type of music. I'm more into rock than i've ever been before now. I don't even keep with the times anymore, heck i don't even follow the UK charts and listen to stuff from there. People have in the past, told me to listen to chart music. But it doesn't appeal to me at all.

I did use to like rap, but i've grown out of that type of music. I'm more into rock than i've ever been before now. I don't even keep with the times anymore, heck i don't even follow the UK charts and listen to stuff from there. People have in the past, told me to listen to chart music. But it doesn't appeal to me at all.

I used to be happy enough to listen to the radio a few years ago as I didn't really buy many CDs.. but now it's almost impossible to like anything played on stations like Radio 1 during the day :hmm: I pretty much stopped listening to the radio in the last year or 2 but occasionally girls in at work bring CDs in to play during the day with what's 'hot' at the time.. and most of it is complete garbage :eek:

I never went for the "cool" bands, but if I've outgrown anything it's the whole Britpop scene - Blur, Oasis, Shed Seven (LOL). I must admit, I did get caught up in that when I was 19 or so.

There is nothing funny about Shed Seven! They were a great band back in the day. I still listen to them!

I was quite into Limp Bizkit as a teenager. I saw them at Pukkelpop this year, and it was quite nostalgic. They put on a great show, too!

The other one is probably Blink182. I wasn't that much of a fan as a kid, and again I saw them at Pukkelpop. But, listening to them now, it doesn't do the same for me now as it did back then.

Before I actually had a sense of what I actually liked. I used to just listen to whatever my friends listened to so you can say that I've outgrown a lot of stuff similar to My chemical Romance, Green Day, McFly, Panic at the Disco and all those 'emo-ish' bands.

Now, I listen to stuff like Ella Fitzgerald and Nina Simone. So much better :D

Edited by Frank
Automerged Doublepost

I used to be happy enough to listen to the radio a few years ago as I didn't really buy many CDs.. but now it's almost impossible to like anything played on stations like Radio 1 during the day :hmm: I pretty much stopped listening to the radio in the last year or 2 but occasionally girls in at work bring CDs in to play during the day with what's 'hot' at the time.. and most of it is complete garbage :eek:

I honestly couldn't agree more. Much of todays modern, hot music is pure garbage. Bring back the 70's and 80's music, thats what i say.

I think about the above line, and boy i sound old.