Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

What Have You Bought?

Ashley

I didn't know amazon did pocketwatches. I need to get another really, but can't decide which ones to get off etsy.

It's not Amazon itself who sells it, though, it's one of its sellers. Also, note that it's not antique, but just designed that way. I'd be too weary about carrying a real antique, and a battery watch is much more practical than a wind-up watch (and much more silent, if I recall correctly). :heh: Plus it was really cheap at only £9.99! :D

Love it Dannyboy!! :D

This whole Sherlock/Layton vibe is great! The world needs more eccentric characters!

Thanks! :D It's exactly the vibe I was going for. Looks absolutely dapper together with my brown suit! :D

@Dannyboy: My initial reaction was a bit "...", but then under analysis, I'm stunned, because I love when people dress with awareness. Knowing Professor Layton is a great thing to take inspiration from. Adds.

Meh, I realise it might seem pretty cliché/wannabe/can't find the right word, but I don't really care. I love the whole 19th century gentleman stereotype, so I couldn't help but buy this. People can think what they want as long as it makes me feel good.

(For the record I haven't actually played any of the Layton games, but really want to. Unfortunately I lost my DS, and the price as well as the many different models have put me off getting a new one. I plan to sometime, though.)

EDIT: That's amazing, Retro! :D I think Basil The Great Mouse Detective (Disney's take on Sherlock Holmes) was my first introduction to the era, and I was hooked immediately. It's only as of late I've really begun pursuing this interest, though.

Edited by Dannyboy-the-Dane

Meh, I realise it might seem pretty cliché/wannabe/can't find the right word, but I don't really care. I love the whole 19th century gentleman stereotype, so I couldn't help but buy this. People can think what they want as long as it makes me feel good.

Yes, that's how I feel re: clothes, and image in general. If you're not making yourself lel in pleasure every time you look in the mirror, you're doing it wrong.