N-Europe

What Have You Bought?

Ashley

Fuck @Daft (and my terrible willpower)

65" Sony XBR930D (XD93 U.K. Modelnumber.) and a Klipsch soundbar.

Now I shall go live off Ramen noodles in glourious 4k

Don't ever let someone try and convince you wall mounting a 65" TV by yourself is an easy task.

You're welcome. Ha

You're welcome. Ha

I'm sad though. I should've waited for OLED to become affordable like I tried telling myself I would. Gaming it performs just as well as my plasma, but Netflix the Blacks just aren't there in some things.

Oh well, it's just a fantastic picture.

I'm sad though. I should've waited for OLED to become affordable like I tried telling myself I would. Gaming it performs just as well as my plasma, but Netflix the Blacks just aren't there in some things.

Oh well, it's just a fantastic picture.

I was pretty happy with my Samsung and this looks much better...which surprised me because I thought my Samsung was great. Netflix at 4K looks great, I thought. Stranger Things specifically.

I'm not sure how long it'll take OLED to become affordable at 55"+ sizes, I suspect longer than I'll have this TV for tbh.

I was pretty happy with my Samsung and this looks much better...which surprised me because I thought my Samsung was great. Netflix at 4K looks great, I thought. Stranger Things specifically.

I'm not sure how long it'll take OLED to become affordable at 55"+ sizes, I suspect longer than I'll have this TV for tbh.

Everything does look pretty great (Fury upscaled to 4K, fantastic). I'm just still dialing in settings and trying to get blacks that aren't grey still. (Bobs Burgers specifically washes out the blacks, other media is more accurate.) Like I said games definitely look great though.

Yeah, a larger size was a bigger shopping point to me. I sit far enough away that 50" was a hair too small for some text. So OLED was right out. I was sort of thinking of going with Samsung 4K, but somehow I just preferred the Sony model. I do enjoy that it has component inputs actually unlike the Samsung! My PS3 slim quit outputting through HDMI about 5 years ago so component is it for it.

I would get a booster box, but there's nothing that playable in the set for the moment. Dragonite EX and Machamp BREAK look intriguing though.

Set list for those interested: http://www.pokebeach.com/2016/09/20th-anniversary-set-evolutions

Yeah but it's Base set essentially :p

Sharing my spares and whatnot with Marti. May do an unboxing on her channel ^_^

You're just envious :p

Of what? An unboxing video? Bitch pah-leeeese.

There'll be boxes of the stuff at our game store come pre-release events, if I'm gagging for one then I can invest. But I haven't bought a booster box of cards since... BreakThrough I think.

Just sold a shit ton of bulk cards as well.

IMG_20160926_195831.jpg

Issue of Nintendo Dream, they are giving away a Sigurd Fire Emblem 0 TGC promo card.

IMG_20160926_195838.jpg

They give you 2 cards, intending you to keep one and one to put on Ebay give to someone else.

Just pre-ordered a box of this

evolutions%20box.jpg

Reprints/remakes of the original cards? Count me in.

...And just preordered one of these.

I already have this game for the DS and PS3 but I bought COD:Black Ops recently. Online severs are still up! :)

“After a time, you may find that having is not so pleasing a thing after all as wanting. It is not logical, but is often true.”

Got a very healthy tax rebate, whilst most of it went into my savings I've kept some and been spending:

41p2CKHN%2BOL.jpg

A console gameplay recorder

61mD2fC3AwL.jpg

An anime I hadn't watched

712QS3NZMyL._SL1500_.jpg

a two pack of these usb cables

7180oHHCnZL._SL1500_.jpg

A new electric toothbrush, had one before but switched back to manual, but decided why not go back.

Also a few pre-orders laid down:

61y16nneZBL._SL1035_.jpg

Steelbook edition

11324864-2124410213624339.jpg

The sequel I've wanted to watch.

Edited by Emerald Emblem

51ooWxs-sEL.jpg

41MQV4F25KL._SX305_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

514sZTwkEFL.jpg

Ended up blitzing through the first Sandman and loved it so bought the second one, blitzed through that and got the third. Not started that yet but looking forward to as it's a brilliant read. Picked up Y: The Last Man as I'd heard good things and like the first 2 Sandmans, I ate that up quickly and really enjoyed it.