Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Remixes

Daft

Last night on the way home I was listening to something and in my mind I was imposing Florence and the Machine's YGTL over the top of it and it sounded amazing, and wouldn't have been too hard to do either.

I'm kicking myself trying to remember what it was. It sounded ace.

One of my all-time fave remixes is of a song I never particularly liked:

Just brilliant. The way it all builds up, and then how the layers play together towards the end. Dunno if YT audio is all that great, but yeah.

ALSO (just remembered), another Kylie Minogue (dunno why her remixes stick out so much in my mind), of a song I actively DON'T LIKE

It's so cool. You'll Never Get To Heaven If You're Scared Of Getting Hiiiiiiggghh.

This bit is really cool. Nowhere near as cool as I am though, obviously. I went to the Wii Launch and I featured on a magazine cover! How wicked is that?!

Lol.

I secretly love the original, despite la roux's utter-shite xmas-day performance, and the DMC/Bayonetta stuff... Yeah. Love the song. The remix adds to the song, no doubt, but it is too subtle for me. Comes across as afraid of really fucking with the track. I've not heard danger at all before, and, if anything, the OTT 80's-movie-soundtrack feel isn't really my taste. I don't like shoulderpads, and this song sounded like you had to, by law, wear them in order to dance.

As for the OP; Legion of Doom. I cba touting them again, because I think everyone who could be intersted has already heeded my words.

• 7 months later...

I generally think of remixes as butchery, but there are a rare few i like. The Philip Steir remix of Ex-Girlfriend by No Doubt is amazing. Sometimes i think i even prefer it over the original.

But i can't find it on Youtube. :nono:

So i'll just post the other No Doubt remix i like, of one of my least fave No Doubt tracks. Actually i only really like the first minute or so of it, but it's an epic minute or so.

So, I feel like my taste in music generally differs from other Nintendo fans (not just here, in real life as well..), so I generally don't post something music related. It was long ago, when I saw the music video of Armand van Helden - The funk phenomena, when I decided: "yes, I like this."

Nowadays, I listen to house, and almost all derivatives (and also stuff that went before it). So all forms of house, techno, electro, and more.. I also listen to soul & jazz, but since we're talking remixes here, that's besides the point. Anyway, if I know a popsong, often it's because I heared a remix. I guarantee I have no idea who Uffie is (to name an example).

So.. Some remixes I like (I'll start off with some pop remixes):

Uffie - Add SUV (ft Pharrell Williams)

Broadcast Yourself
Audio
(Armand van Helden vocal mix)

Broadcast Yourself
Audio
(original)

Again, never heard of her before I heard this rmx. Original.. Is not my thing.

Filly - Sweat (the drip drop song)

Broadcast Yourself
Audio
(Wideboys house mix)

Broadcast Yourself
Audio
(original)

Same thing as Uffie. Original.. Is not my thing.

Kylie Minogue - Chocolate

Broadcast Yourself
Audio
(Emo remix)

Broadcast Yourself
Audio
(original)

I can occasionally appreciate some Kylie. In fact the original already has that sexy vibe, but the remix gets it way better across. In any case, the remix is more my thing.. It's just that sexy.

Ida Corr - Ride my tempo

Broadcast Yourself
Audio
(Deeper People remix)

Broadcast Yourself
Audio
(radio mix)

I believe the original was a hit at the time..? But I only know the remix.

Lykke Li - I'm good I'm gone

Broadcast Yourself
Audio
(Fred Falke vocal remix)

Broadcast Yourself
Audio
(original)

Original is ok too.

Goldfrapp - Ooh la la

Broadcast Yourself
Audio
(Tiefschwarz dub)

Broadcast Yourself
Audio
(original)

This is what we Dutch call "teringherrie". But sometimes it's the good kind ;). Since Goldfrapp already has some heavy electro influences, I can generally enjoy her music too.

Nina Simone - Seeline woman

Broadcast Yourself
Audio
(Casamena basement remix)

Broadcast Yourself
Audio
(live @ Montréal 1992)

I just love this woman. That said, I like the remix as well.

Tiga - shoes

Broadcast Yourself
Audio
(Green Velvet remix)

Broadcast Yourself
Audio
(original)

Kinda like both of them, but the Green Velvet remix is the one I heard first and like best. Regardless which version you hear, the lyrics are hilarious either way.

Simian Mobile Disco - Hustler

Broadcast Yourself
Audio
(Armand van Helden remix)

Broadcast Yourself
Audio
(original)

Love 'm both. Too bad the Armand van Helden remix is badly printed on my vinyl. I can't find the club version though, which is different from the original I linked. That's the one I have on vinyl, I like it better than the one I linked.

Moby - Bodyrock

Broadcast Yourself
Audio
(Olav Basoski da hot freak da funk remix)

Broadcast Yourself
Audio
(original)

I'll leave you with a classic from Moby, great in its own right, but it's the disco remix that gets me moving! :D

It's too bad I'm generally bad with names, but perhaps I can scrounge up some others.

It's also too bad Youtube still doesn't have everything! I still can't find some remixes. I have a pretty dark electro remix from Backstrobe of Vive la fête's "La route", but can't find it. Should I upload it? :D :p

Edited by Sméagol

I'd rather see a music-related post by you again rather than anyone else on this forum, including myself. :p

I love 90's/house/extended mix stuff, but don't have much.

I love this. I love remixes that sound like they're from a dream/a distant memory/from far away. This is so steamy. The little 70's loop during the "chorus" is urrthing. Background music, but in a good way.

--

Pancake, I loved that No Doubt remix when I was younger, and the Greatest Hits/Everything In Time were the only albums I ever played, lol.

• 2 years later...

Sméagol the necromancer digging up old threads.

John legend - Made to love

Original

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Friends within remix

Pharrell - Angel

Original

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Axwell remix

Broadcast Yourself
Audio