Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Ideas on a forum 'Top Trumps' game

Sheikah

I think this could get difficult if you're trying to make it playable.

I could think of my own weaknesses that may apply to other people -

Patronization - I got secretly destroyed by Daft, I basically kept buying his annoying pot shots at my '14yearoldness', and afterwards he said 'joking Champ!'. Jesus Christ, I'm not sure there's a more patronizing/decimating word than 'champ'. It makes me cry.

Maybe this is just his power?

Who knows?

I think it would be more constructive to make pot shots at people anyway, discuss their 'powers'.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It could be that a certain player has an advantage over another, thus certain stats are increased, or the reverse.

Typically speaking, you need quite a lot of cards with low, medium and high tiers. Or cards that excel in a certain area (single stat or power).

Sounds like a fantastic idea! I'll sure try to help in any way to make this happen.

I'd love to have my own top trump thing.

But seeing as I'm still relatively new here, I imagine my card would be pretty shit :p

I'm thinking that even relatively unknown/bad cards might have decent special powers. So not to worry. :p

I think I'd have to start by ranking players in terms of 'power' , although there may not always be a '100' card for each stat).

I don't really want to be shot by a moderator for assuming someone else is more high up than them! But it's a bit of fun. :wink:

Ashley (100) Sith Lord (I mean no offense by this, it's just the most unrealistically powerful sounding title)

Shorty (92) Obliterator

Jayseven (83) The Invisible

Dan Dare (83) Slayyyer

Mr Odwin (75) Interceptor

Retro_Link (72) Heroic

Supergrunch (72) Gandalf

Hero_of_Time (70) Punisher

darksnowman (66) Doomchucker

Domstercool (65) Banisher

McPhee (60) Critical Hit

Oli seems not so active, might not include him in the list. Is there anyone I'm missing? Anyone in red? Btw the rank figures are basically how big a presence as a mod/how much power they appear to have...in my eyes anyway. No offense to all.

I have a feeling my card would be very average.

You're mini-Flink! Everyone knows you.

Ashley (100) Sith Lord (I mean no offense by this, it's just the most unrealistically powerful sounding title)

But...but...I'm nice you cunt!

Can't I just be the most powerful man in the world? Walt Disney.

:heh:

Force the darkside

Perhaps from a stat of 0 (a fairly neutral, carefree guy) to someone who is known to do good things (50) or seem like an evil kind of guy (-50). -40 would beat 30, for instance.

I recommend both a good and an evil attribute.

I'd be up for writing a few Pokemon-style cards, actually - especially if someone wants to do artwork.

I could.

I'd be very much willing/want to do artwork for cards! :D We could have a mixture of pictures and photos I think would work well.

I've done a logo....I don't mean to take control but meh. I wanted to so blah.

Also had a few ability/type/attribute ideas.

-----------

Team Affiliation - (Could have abilities attached) examples :

Admin and Moderators

Ashley

Dan Dare

Retro Link

etc

Mafia Game Guild

Nintendohnut

Cube

Dannyboy-the-Dane

etc.

Uncharted 2 Gang

ReZourceman

dwarf gourami

Jonst

etc.

---------

Most frequent board

Most frequent thread

(Could have game mechanics attached, that possibly come into play like ally or rivalries)

----------

Former Member Type Cards

Etc.

N-EuroCardGame01.jpg

N-EuroCardGameBSO-ExpTLockcopy.jpg

It doesn't need to be so complicated though... that's the beauty of top trumps

With the first edition all we need is

- Name

- Picture

- Witty comment

- Stats.

We can make it more complicated in other stages.

Can I do some of the illustrations too? I love the feeling. My favourite thing about trading cards and stuff was when you loved a certain style of illustration on some of them and tried to find all the ones the same artist did. Card games with different illustrators FTW.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!