NEurope
Nintenchris

Minecraft!

and someone harvested the tree outside of my house :(

To be fair, you really shouldnt expect trees to stay around all that long unless they are obviously used for something like Plomps house.

Edited by Happenstance

Just finished my Stargate:

stargate.jpg

Didnt turn out quite as id hoped but im happy enough. I did want it to just have the water in the middle and not glass holding it in. I did a load of tests on single player trying to get it to work, sometimes the water wouldnt flow out of the few holes I made but then I always found one where it did.

I've hand in idea for the grand project - a giant world map! We could do a much better one with than the one in Dubai, and we could do relief and everything.

Would a globe be possible?

Peach's castle? Temple of Time?

And yes, that EG cathedral was awesome...

Edited by Ville

Idea: Anyone fancy building a Star Destroyer?

Precisely what I was going to suggest. It'd be awesome, even if it has been done... not that I'd have any time to contribute. :sad:

Would a globe be possible?

I've seen a video on Youtube of someone who made the Earth in Minecraft. Whether that was hacked or not I don't know but it could be possible.

I really should play some online with you guys and stake my claim on the NE minecraft world. I have one idea but I'd need to see how far you can build up into the sky and put that together with how far down it is to the bedrock. It may limit whether I can realise my idea or not.

Saying that though, it seems my coal problems are over. I decided I wanted to create another route out of my little hidey hole house under the hill and so started digging away and found 100 pieces of the stuff before I finished off my 2 picks. Think I ended up finding about 200 or so pieces basically 20 or so blocks east/west of my house *facepalm*

Oh well, at least I'll be able to make good use of it and hopefully finish my glass sphere this weekend. Got one corner on the bottom to finish and then the top 4 to complete it. Not sure what to do with it once finished though. Was originally thinking of filling the thing completely with water but if I did that, I couldn't do anything else with it really as it'd be perma-blocks of water.

you know, if you built that out of Obsidian and put a fire in the middle...

I dont think anything would have happened...

Whatever group project we decide to do I think we're gonna have to try and get some blueprints made for it, otherwise it'll be likely to become a mess very quickly.

So we have a few ideas:

• Star Destroyer
  • Peach's Castle
  • Temple of Time
  • Suspension Bridge
  • Globe or World Map
  • n-europe logo (seriously, how has this not been suggested?!)
  • "Bottomless" Pit

Added the last two myself as I think some sort of '300' style pit that you could look down in to the lava at would be awesome. And the n-e logo would be sweeeeet, though I fear we're lacking in blue blocks. Water feature perhaps?

Personally I'd love to see the bridge or the Castle built, but would happily contribute to anything we whisk up. Time to decide peeps!

vaubanvid.jpg

You know it makes sense.

Whatever group project we decide to do I think we're gonna have to try and get some blueprints made for it, otherwise it'll be likely to become a mess very quickly.

I'll break out Google Sketchup in a bit - Nintendohnut and I are ground-levelling a build area now.

vaubanvid.jpg

You know it makes sense.

I'll break out Google Sketchup in a bit - Nintendohnut and I are ground-levelling a build area now.

I like the cut of your jib, son.

--------

Other news: Been trying to build an effective water based spider trap all fucking night. Motherfucker it's annoying.

The basic idea is to drown them in a waterfall that will then flush string to a convenient and safe location. The problem comes in creating a gap that functions properly. Too wide and the spiders escape the trap, too narrow and they're as likely to die and leave uncollectable string as they are to die in the right place, making the trap horribly inefficient.

Spiders are cunts.

Right so after several hours of work me and fish managed to flatten just over half of the area. We're working on a 100x100 square at the moment. Here are some shots of what the area looked like before:

20050842.png

And what it looks like at the moment

32192044.png

We still have a way to go, and we either need a lot of manpower, or some tnt :D I would prefer the second option and so would fish, so we need some tnt please mcoy for blowing up a hill!

Fish is planning tomorrow and we can get building after the floor is finally flat.

I'd like you all to realise that the whole thing so far took about 5 hours or so. And it's not even fucking flat yet. Still, it's going to be awesome and that's all that matters :)

Star fort is boring. :(

Excellent work on the ground levelling though lads. Nicely done.

(I assume this place is visible from Skyway Highway?)

So far im leaning towards Peach's Castle (I think we could even get the colours right by using Steel blocks maybe)

I would like to try and think of some other Nintendo themed stuff though but as this doesnt have to be our only group project it doesnt matter too much right now.

We still have a way to go, and we either need a lot of manpower, or some tnt :D I would prefer the second option and so would fish, so we need some tnt please mcoy for blowing up a hill!

Fish is planning tomorrow and we can get building after the floor is finally flat.

I'll volunteer.

Not really building anything and have just spend my time exploring my spawn point which I think is just a lone island.