NEurope
Nintenchris

Minecraft!

Mcoy's server is probably out of date, should be up later on with updated client, woo Mcoy loves minecarts :P

Minecraft Update Released

Nov 10 2010 16:51:16 by Deehem

The Minecraft update that was mentioned has now been released. We'll be updating this and rolling it out to machines soon as we receive an updated version of Hey0's to compile. Please bear with us and apologies for any inconvenience caused. :)

Game News Minecraft Update Coming

Nov 09 2010 17:23:48 by liv3d

Tomorrow (Wednesday 10th Nov) there will be a Minecraft update

The multiplayer updates are:-

* hellworld=true no longer overwrites old save chunks. Player positions will still break if you switch it on a running server, though

* boats are now visible to other players

* minecarts move nicer

* fishing kinda sorta works, but needs more work

* sheep and cows look like sheep and cows now

* buckets work now

* fixed stairs being really difficult to destroy

* increased the timeout before “Took too long to log in”

* made it possible to ride carts and boats (pigs should work too..)

taking a break from this for a couple of days- I have a new PSU on its way that will let me install a graphics card to replace my built in chip. Currently, because I basically have no graphics capability, the render speed on the game is crippling the framerate and it's quite unpleasant to play.

just an fyi guys - it seems there's a bug with the chests. If you move stuff quickly it can delete (or duplicate) them. I've just lost 5 diamonds *sadface*

I think the server has been playing up today. Been having some framerate and perf issues (martinist and myself) and I did some work earlier today which has reverted back to last night. (as well as items)

Just an fyi :)

Yeah since I started multiplayer when I break something such as dirt sometimes it'll pop back, I assumed it'd be broken for a while.

neurope.jpg

Mcoy report of Neurope City two

Area: regular temperate bordered with desert

Reason settled: Mcoy notes this city was settled in a panic after the previous city was destroyed by an active volcano.

Pros: Mcoy has noticed there is plenty of flat land and fresh resources for the happy inhabitants

Cons: Mcoy has noticed that the city is Prone to flooding, prone to desertfication and deforistation

Current dangers: Mcoy has watched the inhabitants and while their city has flourished their managment of the enviroment has been rather shocking. Mcoy notes three fires have been on going, one near the city, one to the east and another to the west. Mcoy notes these fires have a high risk of spreading and destroying more plant life. Mcoy also cites concern about the lack of replanted trees which is having a small effect on the ecology of the area.

Wildlife: Mcoy has noticed that wildlife is generally not welcome in the city, Mcoy has seen many pigs, chickens, cows and sheeps burnt on sight by angry residents. Mcoy has noted that a rather large slimish creature has been granted sanctuary in a glass cage of some sort. Mcoy is also concerned about the sick experiments being carried out on other animals by an individual in the north west.

Mcoy notices more building projects are being carried out everyday however Mcoy is furious that nothing has been built to honour him as a god. Mcoy will continue to observe the species on this planet closely.

(Mcoy close up of the city)

neuropecloseup.th.jpg

Edited by Brian Mcoy

After weeks of on and off playing, I have finally finished my giant glass sphere:

minecraftsphere3.png

And thank god it's finished as it's taken an age to get all the glass in place just to finish it. I could work out just how many blocks of glass went into making the thing but I can't be bothered to do the math. It's surpassed 10,000 easily (perhaps even pushing on 15,000).

Not really sure what to do with it now. There's a ladder that leads up into the sphere at the base so could put something inside. Think I'll take a break from it though and head off exploring. Saw a couple of islands off the coast not far from the thing, some of which look to be pretty big, so may set sail for new shores :D Who knows.

Mcoy! Is there any chance of setting up a warp point for the park? (the big wooden structure)

Mcoy will bug someone to do this when next possible. Mcoy also thinks we should try organise a night to get as many people on at the same time for some funs :)

Mcoy will bug someone to do this when next possible. Mcoy also thinks we should try organise a night to get as many people on at the same time for some funs :)

raining_again agrees with mcoy! There aren't so many people on minecraft these days :(

Dyson agrees. We needs to build it up. I swear I only see wolfy, R_A and Borny on these days! Where you all at?

I was on a bit yesterday afternoon, as was Nintendohnut but I'm on a crappy course at the moment so the past week I've been busy. Finishes this Friday though so I'll be back on more after that, got some ideas I wanna build.

I was on a bit yesterday afternoon, as was Nintendohnut but I'm on a crappy course at the moment so the past week I've been busy. Finishes this Friday though so I'll be back on more after that, got some ideas I wanna build.

Mcoy also finds himself in a bit of a situation. Mcoy goes to work, goes to the gym, has dinner and other stuff to do, Mcoy struggles to fit in some real minecraft time on Mon-Fri.

I've been on a fair bit recently. Built myself a new little home that I'm hoping to link to my current home via a funky tunnel and/or sky-walkway. I agree we need a night with a full server though!

Also: I think I may make a new (small) volcano soon nearby my tree/house (but obviously far enough away to avoid fire issues). Hope nobody objects :)

Yeah I just don't have the time that's required for this game.

I have maybe an hour every 3 days that I can spend on a game.

I use my lunch break for gaming-ness.

Dyson agrees. We needs to build it up. I swear I only see wolfy, R_A and Borny on these days! Where you all at?

I've only been on once this past week. Too much stuff going on for me to waste 6 hours a day on minecraft :(

After weeks of on and off playing, I have finally finished my giant glass sphere:

minecraftsphere3.png

Not really sure what to do with it now.

GIANT GAME OF CRYSTAL MAZE PLZ

Im wondering if we should start a new city (not a new server, just move to a new area on the map). It does seem to have slowed down again but we always get more people come back when we're starting in a new area. I came on quite a few times today and didnt see anyone else online.

I think its more a case of people being too busy or losing interest altogether. I'm almost sure that most of us are never on during the day, especially a weekday..

I think its more a case of people being too busy or losing interest altogether. I'm almost sure that most of us are never on during the day, especially a weekday..

I wasnt talking about just checking during the day