N-Europe

Drive Thru - Tesco Style!!!

Jimbob

Tesco seem to be trying out everything. They now do second hand games and trade-ins.

This is true, as an employee I think it's good that they want to try and provide 'everything under one roof' but at the same time if one of the services isn't up to scratch it reflects badly on the whole store/company.

It's nice when these things work out but sooner or later they're gonna shoot themselves in the foot and this might be it... but who knows, could still be good so we'll see, it's basically just another way to shop I suppose.

In theory it seems like a good idea, for example I'm currently sat waiting for a tesco delivery that is costing £4.50 for the privilege, instead I'd prefer to go and collect it when it suits me, not when it suits them and when they've hardly got many decent slots anyway, why 2 hour slots? Argh.

But yes, it will only seem to benefit those such as myself, as ashley mentioned for mothers etc its easier to wait for it at home!

I think it's a fantastic idea. Will save people a hell of a lot of time if you can just go and pick it up whenever you want rather than having to wait around at home between the 2 hour slot that they give you.

I can see myself using this so I don't have to go around the whole shop and won't be tempted to pick anything extra up. Hopefully it'll be rolled out to my local store soon. :)

Click and collect in a car.

What did you expect? A window in which you tell a staff member what you want and wait fifteen minutes for them to run around?

They should at least have the option for the more common items to be ordered without having to go online - like milk and bread.

Click and collect in a car.

What did you expect? A window in which you tell a staff member what you want and wait fifteen minutes for them to run around?

That's what shops used to be until the 1930s. Piggly Wiggly was the first ever shop to make customers go and get their own items from the shelves. Obviously people would mostly walk to the shop rather than drive though.

That's what shops used to be until the 1930s. Piggly Wiggly was the first ever shop to make customers go and get their own items from the shelves. Obviously people would mostly walk to the shop rather than drive though.

I doubt any shop in the 1930's quite had the scope of Tescos.

Besides imagine at the window "yes I'd like some blue jeans, about £10 please, and a few yellow peppers but pretty big ones and what toothpaste have you go on offer?"

Whislt remaining in your car.

As opposed to remaining at home and doing fuck all?

Seems to be the middle ground between physical shopping and online shopping. Can't be bothered to order online and wait for two hours but would rather drive over there anyway and get what you want, which is what would happen with "normal" shopping. Either way, online and drive thru both equal lazy twats.