Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

X-Factor

mcj metroid

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Both have Simon Cowell, one has a two-bit actor and a useless cunt and the other has a two-bit singer and a useless Irish cunt.

I know they have different staffings. But, the layout of the show seems identical.

Except Britain has got verrry much talent has those annoying and patronising buzzers.

I'm not huge on this reality tv stuff, so can somebody tell me what the difference is between the X-Factor and Britain's got talent?

X-Factor is for singers only

Britains got Talent is for all kinds of live entertainment. Which means dancing and singing apparently. I actually wish BGT was just non-singing.

They have a lot in common though, for example they are both shit.

X-Factor is for singers only

Britains got Talent is for all kinds of live entertainment. Which means dancing and singing apparently. I actually wish BGT was just non-singing.

They have a lot in common though, for example they are both shit.

It seems pointless having two shows. I can't actually believe that people like Piers Morgan and Cheryl Cole are getting a hefty salary for the work that they do.

Still, people watch it, so I wouldn't be surprised if we saw a third show that was purely non-singers. :heh:

TBF, BGT is based on America's Got Talent, which is more clearly different to the big American singing show, American Idol (as it's still only 18-30 year olds or something allowed to enter IIRC). Everyone else singer-wise went on AGT.

It just doesn't translate as well over here.

TBF, BGT is based on America's Got Talent, which is more clearly different to the big American singing show, American Idol (as it's still only 18-30 year olds or something allowed to enter IIRC). Everyone else singer-wise went on AGT.

It just doesn't translate as well over here.

Ahh, so the American version came first? (AGT before BGT I mean)

Anyway, the initials BGT make me think of Chairdriver and that sexuality/LGBT thread from before.

Despite creating the thread I still don't think x factor actually works in the long term for anybody, especially men...

The general public are retarded and don't know who they would like so they vote for the person that is the most "normal" and in my opinion that doesn't really work for pop music.

There has to be an element of vanity and craziness in there to have the drive to become big stars. it's not all about being the best singer and it never was.

I just watched the Shirlena Johnson audition after everyone was saying how hilarious it was.

well hey going into it with that attitude was never going to help :)

Despite creating the thread I still don't think x factor actually works in the long term for anybody, especially men...

The general public are retarded and don't know who they would like so they vote for the person that is the most "normal" and in my opinion that doesn't really work for pop music.

There has to be an element of vanity and craziness in there to have the drive to become big stars. it's not all about being the best singer and it never was.

well hey going into it with that attitude was never going to help :)

That's why every single male to win the X Factor has gone nowhere. Olly Murrs was the stand out candidate last year and was perhaps the only one who was slightly different. But Joe was deemed to be cute, loveable etc so got the vote even though he's exactly the same as the last boy to win it, and probably the boy before that.

They're not from the X Factor, but I'd say Will Young and Lemar have been successful.

Neither are megastars, but there songs pretty much always chart well enough, there albums too, they tour and branch out into other things... and I saw Will Young sing on the final of the last series of American Idol, so he's seemingly giving America a go now.

Edited by Retro_Link

I loved last night's show, had me laughing so much. I loved the 80s girl, I just love that look on a woman. The Mercy girl had me laughing so much, I was literally crying. I loved the Walking on Sunshine girl and her version of the song worked so well done to her.

I just loved how on the end of every part, they had the whole "She just punched her! She just punched her!", me and my family was taking the piss saying "She did, she ain't lying, she just got punched!" "I know, I can't believe it. She just punched her!"

Also, Jahm were bloody hilarious! Pure comedy gold. Just in case anybody missed it:

Chinese girl was cute though...

Edited by Animal

Since no-one's commented whenever I've said it...THIS IS AUTOTUNED!!??

I can hear it clear as day.

Other people noticed too! I'm not insane.

This is awful. How can they do this? There's no need. It actually goes against what 'X Factor stands for' (...yeah..). And just..is silly. And sounds SHITE.

oh it was defo autotuned. I also think it was selective auto tune as well.. Like you can hear it in don't stop believing but only for the girl and not the guy? what's up with that?

or am I imagining things now?

But ya of course I disagree with this, makes it less about a "singing" competition and more about "who can sound more like cher" competition.

They are very close to having those competitors lip-sync their way through a song.

I'm glad it was auto-tuned. I don't want to hear a bunch of crap people sing on the telly. Auto-tune only works properly on good singers anyway who might miss the occasional note or something. It can't make a bad singer good. The same people got through would still have got through if autotune wasn't used as it is a post-production effect so the judges would've heard exactly what was heard coming out of their mouths. Not that getting through on the X Factor is anything to do with talent.

Glad it was autotuned? It sounded awful! You can't actually judge if they're good or not with that noise running over it! I'd rather listen to Ke$ha than this shit if it's going to be autotuned throughout.

As you said, the judges heard good stuff from them (and you could kinda tell they were decent through the atrocious autotune), so what was the point in even having the autotune?

Makes me really annoyed.

if it was a post-production effort then how did they make such a balls of it? I mean if this is true( and i don't think it is) then they have got to be the worst sound editors in history.

The footage and sound is then edited and dubbed into a finished programme, to deliver the most entertaining experience possible for viewers.

Ha they don't think much of their audience do they?

Why don't you think it's true? You can hear it...and they admitted to it. :/

you think they edited the sound afterwards rather than during?

It's just that they fucked it up so badly, I can't believe it.

well look if they are not going to do it during the live shows then fine. that's the important thing but it was very unnecessary.. I mean everyone noticed it lol

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!