Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Dexter

Beast

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I'm liking Dr. Vogel. She's genuinely pretty terrified or so it seems from the last episode I saw.

Deb is in a downward spiral. When she went to the station to confess to killing LaGuerta that was pretty mad.

She's gunna be pissed when she wakes up handcuffed to her sofa with Vogel looking at her.

• 2 weeks later...

So up to the episode where Dexter saves Dr Vogel. Right after an episode like that you'd think she'd pack it in with the psychos, stop working with them etc, but from the "next on Dexter" spoiler it looks like she'll be working with that Zach kid who from the moment you see him know's he's going to be a killer (Will find out for sure soon I guess)

I've also read that there are plans for a Dexter spin off after season 8 finishes. At first I couldn't see this, I couldn't see how they'd make a series without Dex, Deb, Angel etc.

But could it be (massive massive assumption, hopefully not correct) that Dr Vogel is taking this youngster Zach in and trying to train him with some code, welcome the new Dexter spinoff show.

I mean just look at him...

DEXTER_807_0374.r.jpg

Something stupid like Zach find's Dexter's murder tools.

With regards as to how they plan to end this series, I'm completely thrown off now. That last episode kinda reset the tension and suspense. Vogels safe (for now) Deb & Dex are chummy again (for now).

At first I wanted to scream "Dexter how dumb are you?" taking on an "intern" (again), especially as he knows Quinn is on this kid's tale. But, perhaps, this is the beginning of his downfall. Perhaps Quinn is the one that discovers all Dexter's deeds...

Argh! The spoiler tags don't work on the Tapatalk app for some reason, so it shows me the first line of people's last post regardless of whether it's spoilered.

I'm not even reading this thread for fear of end of season spoilers (apparently they're out there) but when I scroll past I.....see stuff.

I'm starting to think perhaps the rumoured spinoff is based on Hannah instead of the much-rumoured Deb.

So The Brain Surgeon is still around....I don't know if I care too much about that but we're in the final four episodes now. It's been a bit slow at times, but usually they ramp things up in the last few episodes.

Completely unrelated but I've always liked Deb's house. I'd like to live there, and I don't even like the beach!

• 4 weeks later...

I just recently caught up with this season. I'm disappointed as well.

After Season 7 where Deb called out Dexter on most of his bullshit and hypocrisies, I expected this to be when he finally comes to terms with himself, either by dying or turning himself in.

Dr.Vogel was a good idea. It sure seemed like the season was going to head into Dex's introspection finally becoming something he had to deal on the outside. Instead, she just helps Dex get his life back on track and little else.

After Zach was introduced, I thought the direction of "taking a pupil" was an interesting twist. Maybe he could leave the life of a serial killer while passing the torch, instead.

Then the Brain Surgeon struts along, kills that plotline, becomes a generic villain and we get a retread of every other minor villain Dexter has faced before. To make matters worse, the season is just heading towards a sappy happy ending.

The only way this season can redeem itself is if Dexter dies and is somehow forced to deal with his previous sins (like the photos he puts on for his victims). I say "only way" because that's what the title of that episode implies.

Another way is if this isn't the last season after all :heh:

Underwhelming final season aside, Dexter was still a great show. Gonna miss it.

Well. That was a surprisingly good ending to a somewhat rocky season.

Bwahahaha.

Oh, man. I can't believe how bad that was.

Poor Deb. Good to know that Dexter learned nothing from the season 4 finale. I'm sure she would have loved being dumped into the ocean with all of his other victims, too.

Showtime is such a horrible network. I look forward to seeing just how bad Homeland will get over the next six years.

Here's how the original showrunner would have ended the series. If nothing else, it's a cool idea, but of course it all depends on how they would have led up to it.

I came to expect ridiculousness, and some I can buy for the sake of just letting it be, but one line that really got me was "I need to protect Harrison"...by making him an illegal immigrant with a wanted murderer. I know his view on the world has always been skewif, but even so. Dude.

Nothing says "I love you, son" like abandoning him to become a lumberjack.

I kept thinking that Deb was being a bit unreasonable about the whole Hannah situation this season - after all, Dexter loved her and whatnot. And then I remember that Hannah tried to murder her last year. Maybe leaving her with a kid she didn't want was Dexter's way of punishing her.

Nothing says "I love you, son" like abandoning him to become a lumberjack.

I kept thinking that Deb was being a bit unreasonable about the whole Hannah situation this season - after all, Dexter loved her and whatnot. And then I remember that Hannah tried to murder her last year. Maybe leaving her with a kid she didn't want was Dexter's way of punishing her.

Debs also tried to murder Dexter.

You're not a Morgan until you're murdering.

Speaking of Morgans, remember the other two kids? Other than a brief name-check, they've not been seen since Astor (Cody? I forget which is which) was doing pot.

Hannah's not a Morgan, so I'm not sure what your point is.

:heh:

I thought we were going to see AstroTurf and Cody one last time when Dexter mentioned that he had to say goodbye to them before leaving for Argentina, but I guess it wasn't meant to be. They'd served their purpose when Rita died, anyway. I was also under the impression that Dexter would go visit them, but I'm not sure when he would have found the time, since he was on a very tight schedule for no apparent reason?

She's now the mother to Harrison, close enough. Basically, everyone tries to (or successfully) kills someone from time to time. That's life.

Well they had to get out of Miami in case they were caught! That's why Hannah always used a disguise and gave a fake name at the hospital and they crept away in the dead of night and didn't talk about using horse tranq on someone on a bus. That would be foolish.

*sigh*

THE FUCK!?

Jesus Christ, what was the point of anything?

One good scene: Dexter saying his farewell to Deb. Would've been touched if there was any point to her death.

Urgh...

That alternate ending that Magnus posted would've been golden, but nooooo...

So yeah, fuck the Season 8 writers.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!