Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Branded Clothing (and clothes in general)...

Goron_3

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You've taken residence outside of Scoop's room? Is that why Molly hasn't been here for a while?

Lets see now, Danny isn't really in Denmark as he is making us think he is. Really, he is just obsessed with Scoop's house.

I think Molly can breathe a sigh of relief now, and Scoop best be vigilent.

I'll inherit his beautiful admiration and do with it what must be done. You guys can count on me.

-Loads shotgun.-

If it has to be done, it has to be done.

I don't really get how people can go out and spend, say £15+ on a single pair of boxers/y-fronts/knics just because it has a brand-logo on it. It's not like a female/male is going to care too much what is underneath the top layer (unless you do, in which case apologies).

I just get packs of 5 for £5 or something, they do the job well and good enough.

What does everyone think about shoes? Shoes, trainers, etc.

During my schooldays, it was common for kids to pester their parents to spend daft sums of money on Nike trainers. I was the kid who didn't have them, mainly because I thought they were too expensive, and also because I didn't fancy the style too much.

I wear converse, and I think they cost me around 30 quid when I got my last pair. I want to get a nice pair of shoes for work, something smart, but I'm probably going to have to fork out quite a bit of money for them.

I always admire people who wear fancy underwear. I personally wear the cheapest, most awful stuff you can imagine. Primark's finest is the best my tackle can aspire to brush against.

I like to wear fairly simple, plain trainers too. Cheaper the better. Sports Direct throw some great bargains my way. Anything durable works. Usually the combination of a colour and white. Something skatery without people expecting me to punctuate my sentences with dude and bro.

I'd honestly wear the same outfit every day if people promised not to call me a jippo in a cockney accent. Cartoon characters have got it right. Ten different sets of the same clothes just waiting to be repeatedly worn.

Edited by Guy

I've never spent more than £30 on a pair of shoes/trainers. Again, i don't see the point in forking out all that amount of money (could be anything upto £100 in some shops) for a pair of shoes, which could break in minutes.

As long as they are comfortable and look nice, then they are sold for me.

What does everyone think about shoes? Shoes, trainers, etc.

I must admit that fancy shoes are something I have a weakness for. I'm not fussed about trainers, but a nice pair of gentleman's shoes - oh, yes!

I always admire people who wear fancy underwear. I personally wear the cheapest, most awful stuff you can imagine.

Underwear is all about comfort! If you get to the point where underwear is exposed, underwear ceases to be of importance.

I've never spent more than £30 on a pair of shoes/trainers. Again, i don't see the point in forking out all that amount of money (could be anything upto £100 in some shops) for a pair of shoes, which could break in minutes.

As long as they are comfortable and look nice, then they are sold for me.

I wouldn't spend that much on shoes, but trainers are important to me. If you are running or doing exercise its pretty important to have the proper support, and cheap trainers NEVER last.

The best pair of shoes I bought a few months ago for about £60 and they've outlasted any pair of cheap trainers i've ever owned..

but yes i fully agree on any shoes other than trainers - the cheaper the better, lol

You can tell a lot about a man by his shoes.

Trainers, I only buy Adidas. Have done for about ten years now. (Although I did just buy a pair of Nike and...Pu...Pumas. They were uber cheap though.)

Shoes go through a lot of battering and you tend to get what you pay for.

My running shoes cost about £50 and I'll probably spend more on a pair for parkour.

Then again I once spent £120 on some football boots, so things have gotten cheaper since then. :heh:

Edited by Daft

I always admire people who wear fancy underwear. I personally wear the cheapest, most awful stuff you can imagine. Primark's finest is the best my tackle can aspire to brush against.

I like to wear fairly simple, plain trainers too. Cheaper the better. Sports Direct throw some great bargains my way. Anything durable works. Usually the combination of a colour and white. Something skatery without people expecting me to punctuate my sentences with dude and bro.

I'd honestly wear the same outfit every day if people promised not to call me a jippo in a cockney accent. Cartoon characters have got it right. Ten different sets of the same clothes just waiting to be repeatedly worn.

Thanks to the fact that I used to work at John Lewis and got discount, I mostly tend to wear Armani boxers, and have a fair bit of Calvins and the odd Diesel pair. In fact a few months back I got a pair of Bjorn Borgs from Sweden which set me back about £20. I dunno by underwear is just me thing, especially designer ones. The comfort is incredible and it's like being gently cupped :heh: I've got pairs from NEXT etc but i don't find they hold up too long in the wash compared to the ones I've got now. That said, i doubt i'd buy any more pairs for a long time, there's no need to go out and buy tonnes of boxers.

On the topic of Allsaints as people mentioned on the previous page, they've got an online sale atm and some of the stuff is VERY nicely priced. Just ordered a couple of gorgeous sweaters from there, can't wait to get em through (£17.50 they were, and I saw the same ones for £50 at HoF the other day!!).

I buy visually interesting, but not necessarily "fancy" underwear (depends what you mean but if Goron's interpretation of fancy is correct then yeah, not that).

As for shoes I buy cheap as they tend to rip them to shreds quite easily. They last on average 2 months unless I seldom wear them. The heel seems to be torn apart from all my walking. If I bought pricier ones (if I had the money) they may last longer, but I'm always worried it won't and I will have just wasted more money.

Oh yeah, I was gonna get some boots from All Saints online, but was scared of not testing them first.

The best thing about all saints is simply that they don't have a bloody MASSIVE logo all over the front, i hate that. I work at hollister and some of the t-shirts are just appalling, i don't get how kids can wear them :/ Thankfully the polo's and shirts only have a logo so I'm fine with that.

..on the subject of underwear, I remember playing football at school one wednesday afternoon and one of the guys in the year above remarked about wearing Primark Essentials.. and it turned out a lot of us did :heh:

I'm pretty sure we tried to play an Essentials team against everyone else.. great times :hehe:

If it has to be done, it has to be done.

I don't really get how people can go out and spend, say £15+ on a single pair of boxers/y-fronts/knics just because it has a brand-logo on it. It's not like a female/male is going to care too much what is underneath the top layer (unless you do, in which case apologies).

Some people just like having Calvin Klein next to their balls.

I've never really been into branded stuff, not since I was kid. For some reason when I was like 11/12 I loved to be wearing Ben Sherman. A few years later I started to find what could arguably be called a style, or at least my style, and I got over brandings, something which I think my mum to this day doesn't understand. If I could spend £80 on one shirt, or £80 on a few tshirts, maybe a shirt, jumpers and hoodies from somewhere cheaper, I'd rather get more for the money. Only irksome thing about cheap clothes, or any clothes really, is ending up seeing other people wearing the same. They don't always last as long either, but I think considering the comparison of life for price, they're better.

However, if there's one thing I do like...it's a suit! I rarely manage to buy them though, cos I'm not usually that rich, but I have a few in the wardrove I wish I had more reason to wear.

As for shoes, I guess they're something I'd spend money on, they're a bit more of an investment imo, gotta last for a while, wearing them alot/every day. A nice smart pair of shoes is a good thing to have. I presently own 3 trainers, two reebok classics(white, and black) and some Duff's, then I've a pair of black shoes, some beige shoes, and some brown shoes. Shoes for nearly every occasion! It's been proper ages since I bought a new pair of shoes though, I think I'm gonna need to upgrade most of them soon. Trainers wise, I used to be all about the Nikes, just tended to like their style, then a few years back I switched over to Reebok's, my next pair might be Nikes again though.

I tend to buy branded clothing on the basis it fits better, I tend to buy G-Star and Diesel. But anything at asos.com could be bought.

Exactly. That's the main reason I buy branded clothing over basic River Island/Top Man clothes. They actually fit you properly. I've got a few RI/Top Man shirts and tshirts. Whereas they look good, half the tshirts you get in TM don't really fit exactly how I'd like and also every other person you see walking down the street hast the same thing.

I'm perfectly happy spending £45 on a polo shirt which fits me really well and I like the look of.

Whereas I'm the opposite, Topman is the only place I know that does XXS.

(although as I mentioned earlier, I don't buy ones with designs but rather plain stuff and work around that so it doesn't scream "Topman" as much)

Skinny and awesome? Yup :p

Well they do a variety of sizes and that's all that's left in the sales, which is a pain (I once saw a "slim fitting" sleeveless XXL top, shudder at the thought!). Don't really know about body types other than my own so...yeah.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!