N-Europe

HMV Online - Any good?

Jon

As title says, i've never actually used their online service but their prices are pretty good just wondering what the service is like? I always use Amazon but kinda sick of having to wait days now since they mostly use their merchant in Jersey for stuff and Play.com are lame.

HMV ship orders really fast. I ordered something and they shipped it in about 30 minutes. Delivery times are about the same as play.com since HMV are based in Jersey as well. I recommend them. And yeah, get an HMV Pure card.

I think HMVs online service is pretty excellent, moreso if you have a pure card. You can buy cool shit on the Pure site.

Pretty much what he said. Never had a problem with it and it gets the delight of handling most of my online purchases now due to the pure card and it's awesome rewards (haven't bought any yet, mind. Just like the idea of saving points for rad stuff).

Never had a problem with HMV, probably because i havn't ordered anything from HMV online before. I know a few people who have, and they've had no problems at all. Anyway, i still order much of my stuff from Amazon. If ordered by a certain time and the correct box is ticked in the payment page, you can get the item(s) the next day (subject to availability and where it is coming from)

HMV ship orders really fast. I ordered something and they shipped it in about 30 minutes. Delivery times are about the same as play.com since HMV are based in Jersey as well. I recommend them. And yeah, get an HMV Pure card.

Being based in Jersey doesn't affect delivery times - the warehouses are usually on the mainland. For example, Play.com's warehouse is near Cambridge.

The put their office in Jersey purely for tax reasons.

What is this Pure card stuff? What can you get with it?

Would I be able to get it too?

I sometimes buy films and games from HMV, though not too often. Can't comment on their shipping though as I get it shipped to Jim, but I think they're quite fast from what I heard.

What is this Pure card stuff? What can you get with it?

Would I be able to get it too?

I sometimes buy films and games from HMV, though not too often. Can't comment on their shipping though as I get it shipped to Jim, but I think they're quite fast from what I heard.

I don't know if you could get one, but they do some seriously awesome stuff.

For example, the Scribblenauts hat they did. They do cool silly stuff like Inflatable Guitars, to more serious stuff like Gold Plated DS Lites.

http://pure.hmv.com/

Ah it says UK residents, though I could always sign up with a different address I guess. =P

Though it does seem like you need to spend lots of money to earn a decent amount of points to get anything with haha. Might still sign up, maybe.

It might not be of interest but I have near on 50000 points due to buying an iPod Touch in store when I worked there. That's enough to net me some pretty sweet swag. If only I had another 50000 to get Scott Pilgrim premier tickets :(

HMV are quite quick when I've bought stuff from them. As Ine says, when she orders stuff, it does usually get delivered to me in the next few days.

The only time I've been disappointed was with that...£2 t-shirt that me and Flameboy (I think?) were buying. Was it Tetris? I can't remember. Was that even HMV, or Zavvi? So, to cut that story short: I may be disappointed with a t-shirt (which design I cannot remember) that may or may not have come from there.

HMMVVVVVVVVVVV's online service is pretty good. Decent deals compared to their highstreet financial rape shacks. I've never had a problem with their prices or deliveries.

I may just be biased because they put the Gremlins Collection on sale every Christmas for £3.00, however.