N-Europe

My dog died

Dog-amoto

Well, she's been very sick. Struggling to go to the toilet. By the end of it, she couldn't even wee and I had to press her bladder to help her to be more comfortable the night before she was put to sleep. Turns out it was probably cancer. There was nothing we could do.

She actually died last Tuesday but I've only just felt up to posting this. I'm absolutely gutted as she was my best mate. We have another dog, who is pretty quiet now - she's really missing her I think.

Carla was my first dog - I had her for 9 years. Got her when she was 2. She'd had a crap life before. We think she was beaten and she must have escaped but was run over and then the shelter took care of her. She was in there for 12 months and had kennel stress. She was a nervous wreck when I got her, she wrecked the house and wasn't house trained, but with patience and love she slowly she began to trust people again, and was a happy little girl before long.

Don't quite know why I'm posting this, but maybe it's because I would like to hear any stories about pets you have loved and lost to know that I'm not alone in this. I've had relatives die and not been this upset.

RIP Carla xx

DSC000461.jpg

IMG_0019.jpg

Really sorry to hear that man. She looks gorgeous:(

sounds like you gave her a really good life though, which you should be proud of. My cat passed away a while ago and it was really hard on me- he was my best friend too and I loved him to bits. But it helped knowing that we showed him love and care during his life and that we helped him go peacefully in the end when it was his time.

shit I'm choking up writig this even now. Hpe you feel better soon.

I'm really sorry for your loss Dog-amoto :( I think most of us know the pain of losing a beloved pet and it's never easy but at least we can find comfort in the fact that they had a good life, your dog certainly looks like she was well looked after and if she could thank you for it in words I'm sure she would. :)

R.I.P Carla.

So sorry to hear about your dog, she looks lovely. It's always so very painful to lose a pet.

We had to put down our first dog, at the very respectable age of 13 (when the average age for them is 10). Was one of the most difficult moments ever, but it was needed as she could barely walk anymore. I still miss her very much.

I guess you could take comfort in the fact she had a great life with you for many years after you took her from the shelter. =)

Sorry to hear about your loss Dog-amoto.

The only pets I've had are hamsters and fish, whilst it sounds a bit mean you don't get as attached to them as something loyal and longer lasting as a dog. Must be really tough to lose such a great pet and friend.

R.I.P Carla. Dog-amoto, the most important thing to remember is that you gave her a life full of love and happiness so never forget that and she looks happy in the photos you posted. She looks like a lovely dog!

Keep strong, mate! :)