Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Pets are funnies

MoogleViper

She was referred to as 'he' for the first year of her life... But she was too small for even the vet to be able to tell. She must always be warm, otherwise she will not function. Now that she's growing she's becoming more adventurous. I've had to tortoise-proof my kitchen. It's also important to check on her fairly regularly to make sure she's the right way up.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

These are our pet rats :) Bear and Niles from left to right. I wanted to share them.

Bear is unfortunately very sick, it seems that he won't be with us for much longer. He has experienced a slow paralysis and although we moved him onto baby food recently, he is no longer eating at all. We managed to give him some water and some pain medicine this morning with a syringe, although we're fairly sure he isn't in pain.

He has pretty much just slept for 2-3 days, in part I'm amazed he's still with us. His lil heart is just refusing to give up.

We really love these little guys! Bear was always the fatter one, and while his brother ran about he loved to be chilled and lie next to you, hide under things and wash.

Anyway this is them about 10-11 months ago, in their prime.

ssl23414.jpg

aww shortyy no :(

One of my neighbours cats died not that long ago... he was literally skin and bone... we initially thought the cat wasn't being fed at all. He was in that condition for MONTHS. We then found out that the poor thing was absolutely riddled with cancer... the vet refused to put him down because he was still eating... yet he was literally skin and bone and very obviously in pain!! It breaks my heart that people think its okay to leave a cat suffering like that :(

We had to put Bear to sleep. This is me and him when he was a baby. Loved him so much.

Sorry to hear that, Shorty. :(

aww shortyy no :(

One of my neighbours cats died not that long ago... he was literally skin and bone... we initially thought the cat wasn't being fed at all. He was in that condition for MONTHS. We then found out that the poor thing was absolutely riddled with cancer... the vet refused to put him down because he was still eating... yet he was literally skin and bone and very obviously in pain!! It breaks my heart that people think its okay to leave a cat suffering like that :(

That's just fucking heartbreaking. :(

Millie seems to think climbing my leg this morning would of made me get her breakfast quicker.-

53674273.jpg

When she first heard the washing machine going, she got scared and ran upstairs, however she's got over her fear of the loud machine and took a look.

37957875.jpg

Murr, can you send me your address? I need to pick up something from your house.

Still got that Zelda GBA SP :p

I joke, Couldn't imagine what it would be like now without her in the house <3