43 members have voted

1. 1. Favourite hot drink?

• Tea
    • Coffee
    • Drinking chocolate
    • Borvil
    • Cup-a-Soup
    • Other

What's your favourite hot drink? I'm expecting tea to own this, but we'll see.

Personally i LOVE Bovril. I don't understand people who don't cos humans naturally crave salt and meat right? (generally), and that's exactly what it tastes like! I drink it for a salt fix.

I use coffee as a means to get through many a day.

Drinking chocolate is overrated to me, it's not even nice unless you add at least 2 sugars, and since it's already packed with sugar it feels really unhealthy.

Cup-a-Soup is a bit crap really, but i drink it anyway just cos there's not a lot of savory hot drink options out there.

Tea... is just tea. But yes i drink it a lot. It's sort of the default hot drink.

Edited by Pancake

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Shame there isnt a none option, I cant stand hot drinks.

There is a none option. It's just below the "Go Advanced" button.

I myself love tea, hate coffee (the smell makes me want to hurl) and find hot chocolate a bit meh (I've tried Cadbury's and Galaxy). Cup-a-Soup rather nice if I want a drink and am mildly peckish.

Edit: And I agree with Daft on "What's Bovril?" Although I think we're asking for different reasons.

Never heard of Bovril or whatever.

I detest tea (so viiiiiile) and don't like coffee either. Cup-a-soup I don't think I've ever had (just get normal soup mom makes, but then I rarely have it as I'm not a soup fan).

So that only leaves hot chocolate. Which I loooooove. None of the crappy mix-with-water-kind you seem to have in the UK though. Real hot chocolate is mixed with milk, and preferably has a big tuft of sugary whipped cream on top. Mmmmm.

I drink both Tea and Coffee but for me, you'd have to make my tea perfect and only my mom can do it perfect, I won't drink no-one else's. With Coffee, you can't go wrong so Coffee gets my vote.

Never heard of Bovril or whatever.

I detest tea (so viiiiiile) and don't like coffee either. Cup-a-soup I don't think I've ever had (just get normal soup mom makes, but then I rarely have it as I'm not a soup fan).

So that only leaves hot chocolate. Which I loooooove. None of the crappy mix-with-water-kind you seem to have in the UK though. Real hot chocolate is mixed with milk, and preferably has a big tuft of sugary whipped cream on top. Mmmmm.

It's disgusting. Calling it soup is a laugh, it's horrid!

Edited by Animal
Automerged Doublepost

I second that. Hot chocolate and water is vile. What's the point?

It's weird, I had never heard of mixing it with water until I visited the UK. I think over here it's all done with milk. Hence why it's called chocolate milk. Not chocolate water. =P

I second that. Hot chocolate and water is vile. What's the point?

Yeah but surely you could just mix it with hot milk instead of water if you wanted. My gran makes coffee like that, she uses hot milk instead of water and it tastes 10x better like that.

Yeah but surely you could just mix it with hot milk instead of water if you wanted. My gran makes coffee like that, she uses hot milk instead of water and it tastes 10x better like that.

Hot Milk Coffee is just WIN!

Never actually tried tea and not really in a hurry to do so. Coffee, yeh I'll drink it occasionally. Hot chocolate is where it's at though. The proper stuff and not, as people have already said, that 'mix in water' stuff!

Bovril's a bit of a strange inclusion though. I always saw it as something that Scottish men drink at football matches, without ever understanding why they would drink it. For those who don't know what it is, it's essentially a gravy cube/powdered gravy granules mixed with water, mostly always in beef flavour. Not exactly my cup of tea (:laughing:) but for some reason it is popular ::shrug:

Bovril's a bit of a strange inclusion though. I always saw it as something that Scottish men drink at football matches, without ever understanding why they would drink it. For those who don't know what it is, it's essentially a gravy cube/powdered gravy granules mixed with water, mostly always in beef flavour. Not exactly my cup of tea (:laughing:) but for some reason it is popular ::shrug:

Wait, isn't that something that's actually used to flavour food? Why would you drink something like that? O.o

It's weird, I had never heard of mixing it with water until I visited the UK. I think over here it's all done with milk. Hence why it's called chocolate milk. Not chocolate water. =P

Yeah, I'm not really sure why it's like that. At my old work place I'd use a little hot water and load it with milk just because it was easy. We have this hot chocolate at home which comes in the form off chocolate ball bearings, t'is well nice. :D

I do. :heh:

I hated tea sooooooo much when I was little.

Ever since going on a diet, I have started to get into green tea, the first 2 weeks of drinking it sucked, but after that I got a taste to it and well...during the winter in Australia now I looooove it xD

Before the diet, would have had been coffee easily.

I have never tasted tee or coffee actually. No reason for it, just haven't done it and see no reason to do it either. They have free chocolate at work so the choice is between that and water. Chocolate usually wins(without milk).

Hold the phone. You can drink BEEF and nobody told me? Jesus fuck, world.

Anyway- straight black coffee for me. No milk or sugar. For clarity's sake; I'm not talking about instant coffee as it's totally vile filth but proper ground coffee.

I have never tasted tee or coffee actually. No reason for it, just haven't done it and see no reason to do it either. They have free chocolate at work so the choice is between that and water. Chocolate usually wins(without milk).

Here's two reasons: They're amazing, delicious and invigorating drinks. What's not to love?

Milk was rationed during the war so... ::shrug: sod knows. I usually add milk to the powder, froth it up and top it up with boiled water.

Hot chocolate is my hot drink of choice. Followed by Green Tea. If someone makes me a tea I'll drink it but I'm not that fussed.

And I don't want to drink coffee as I'll become one of those people that "needs" it in the morning (*cough*Dan*cough) to get going. I like being motivated by my own awesomeness.