Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Mysteries of the Universe

Beast

Well, the thread title is a little over the top but have you ever thought something that can't really be answered properly, no matter how small it is?

Like today, I was talking to my friend and we were speaking about Eclipse and he's going to the cinema to see it but I wouldn't because of the pathetic screaming girls. It made me think:

Why do people scream when they see a famous face?

I mean, celebrities are just like us, they're people. Also, why do girls scream when they see a boyband in a concert or something? My mate's sister went to see JLS and she had a sore throat because all she did was scream, surely you bought a concert ticket to...uh, I don't know....HEAR THEM SING?

Anyways, I made this thread to see if you ponder any mysteries no matter how big or small or irrelevant, let's see if we can get an answer. : peace:

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, the thread title is a little over the top but have you ever thought something that can't really be answered properly, no matter how small it is?

Like today, I was talking to my friend and we were speaking about Eclipse and he's going to the cinema to see it but I wouldn't because of the pathetic screaming girls. It made me think:

Why do people scream when they see a famous face?

I mean, celebrities are just like us, they're people. Also, why do girls scream when they see a boyband in a concert or something? My mate's sister went to see JLS and she had a sore throat because all she did was scream, surely you bought a concert ticket to...uh, I don't know....HEAR THEM SING?

Anyways, I made this thread to see if you ponder any mysteries no matter how big or small or irrelevant, let's see if we can get an answer. : peace:

Women are crazy and that's all there is to it.

It's expanding into the empty space outside the universe.

Its not necisarily empty. There's a theory that it would be expanding at a much greater rate if there wasn't something outside to resist the expansion. Obviously its more complicated than I can explain right now though.

Its not necisarily empty. There's a theory that it would be expanding at a much greater rate if there wasn't something outside to resist the expansion. Obviously its more complicated than I can explain right now though.

But if something exists outside the universe then it would be part of the universe. So then it wouldn't be outside the universe.

I think about many and varied things. :p

just today my mum dared to ask "What are you thinking?"

and I replied:

"I was thinking if I hollow out the insides of my legs to create a compact compartment for storing a single fish. You could then create shutters using the excess skin as the screen/door and also attach levers so that only when the time and situation calls for a slightly humanly warmed aquatic treat you could lift up your trousers pull down the levers and watch the fish unfold unpleasantly on the ground followed by a trail of your own blood."

my mum: O___O

But if something exists outside the universe then it would be part of the universe. So then it wouldn't be outside the universe.

That depends on how you define the universe, and just what exactly is outside of it. There is a reason these are mysteries.

...what is Birdo?

A pink creature

I thought this was pretty obvious, myself.

That question has always annoyed me.

I think it stumps my 9 year old nephew.

If he's still stumped by that when he's 12 I'll be disappointed.

Please tell me you're not expecting him to give the "dinosaur" answer. That's just lazy.

Actually, a serious question that I think about is how people, or should I say governments, think 'war on terror' works!

War on war just creates more war. Whether that effect is immediate or the hatred builds up after years it always does.

There are so many better ways, especially in this day and age, than taking other peoples lives and I don't accept the excuse that 'sometimes it's our only option'.

...what is Birdo?

Apparently he is a boy who wishes to be a girl, that's what was said back in the day, in the Super Mario Bros 2 instuction booklet I think but to avoid controversy, Nintendo just started referring to Birdo as a girl or 'it' :laughing:

One thing that I simply cannot comprehend is eternity. The thought often scares me. When I start thinking about it at night I just can't get to sleep. The fact that when I die, I will be dead for eternity, theres no end to it, it just keeps going on and on, never ending, it's just a terrible thought.

Like, seriously, the thought of forever being in nothingness is just terrifying to me.

Apparently he is a boy who wishes to be a girl, that's what was said back in the day, in the Super Mario Bros 2 instuction booklet I think but to avoid controversy, Nintendo just started referring to Birdo as a girl or 'it' :laughing:

One thing that I simply cannot comprehend is eternity. The thought often scares me. When I start thinking about it at night I just can't get to sleep. The fact that when I die, I will be dead for eternity, theres no end to it, it just keeps going on and on, never ending, it's just a terrible thought.

Like, seriously, the thought of forever being in nothingness is just terrifying to me.

I get that feeling now and then as well. Strangely I've also thought about the opposite and was still terrified. The fact that if there is an afterlife like heaven then we will live FOREVER. For some reason that really scared me because forever is a long time.

This is the most stunning thing. Actually adressing gender dysphoria.

Actually, a serious question that I think about is how people, or should I say governments, think 'war on terror' works!

War on war just creates more war. Whether that effect is immediate or the hatred builds up after years it always does.

There are so many better ways, especially in this day and age, than taking other peoples lives and I don't accept the excuse that 'sometimes it's our only option'.

There arguably hasn't been a successful terrorist attack on the United States since 9/11, so obviously they're doing something right. In all seriousness, 9/11 was a direct attack on the United States by a group that was strongly associated with those governing Afghanistan. If they had just left the country alone after a direct attack like that, there would have certainly been many more attempts. The attacks since then have failed due to heightened security, but also due to the fact that the terrorists are now putting more resources into defending their operations in their homeland, and less into planning to attack the United States and their allies. One soldier summed it up with "If we're fighting them over there, they can't be attacking us over here". Civilian casualties are very unfortunate though, and probably the worst part of the whole thing.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!