N-Europe

Kid Icarus Uprising

Retro_Link

Just done that myself:

Ot8vo.jpg

Was very close to failing on the boss. Don't reckon I'll be beating many/any other Chapters on 9.0 though. :hmm: 'Tis craaaazy!

Yeah it was looking like I was going to fail at the boss as well! For some reason, I can never seem to dodge Twinbellow's dive. Unless I'm doing it completely wrong (which I'm very open to the possibility), the dodging distance seems to be too small to evade touching him.

In fact, I recently noticed that I can't seem to dodge the enemy that rotates with the laser wall in chapter 3. I watched the 'How to' video and Pit dodges through the laser without harm, but this never seems to happen when I play it :hmm:

• Replies 724
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah it was looking like I was going to fail at the boss as well! For some reason, I can never seem to dodge Twinbellow's dive. Unless I'm doing it completely wrong (which I'm very open to the possibility), the dodging distance seems to be too small to evade touching him.
I frequently get hit by his dive too, it's the speed at which he moves that's the problem I think. :hmm:

Pretty sure it's just a timing issue, as you really need to wait until the last moment (just before impact) with most enemy fire. But the window of opportunity on some attacks (like Twinbellows' dive) is so small, that you need to start your dodge a lot sooner. ::shrug:

I accidentally turnt up the intensity to 9 on chapter 4. As soon as it started I hit the home button and closed the game.

When I re-started Uprising, I found that I had unlocked the something on the 'Wall' that involved gambling over 9000 hearts... £%*&!

to get over my severe loss of hearts I spent a good 30-45mins on Fusing weapons & creating my weapon sets for online play, I've got 4 awesome weapons backed up by a great 'Power' set-up!

EDIT: oh yeah and I've also got a Level 4 'Heavenly Light' and another Power that I don't want to tell you yet ;)

Edited by -Dem0-

I hope you guys remembered to enable SpotPass for your games, because I got a gem delivery earlier!

I've also found that there's a sensitive option when fiddling with the controls, feels a lot better right now!

This this a second Spot Pass gem or is it the first one?

This this a second Spot Pass gem or is it the first one?

It's my first, but I didn't find out until late last night about Spotpass so it might be the second.

Yup, I got my 2nd Gem today! pretty nice too, although I can't transfer them into weapons as of yet as they're TOO EXPENSIVE!

It would indeed seem like I have missed one!

Nope, mine work just fine. In what way are you struggling? are you placing them within range? is their enough lighting?

Lightings fine, I'm holding the camera all over the shoP trying to get it to work. Got a few to work, but it's hard. Weirdly, once I got it to work it works perfectly wherever I put the camera!!

So is Kid Icarus the 3DS's greatest must have title? Will it push the units to the average public or will this become a hardcore gamers' cult classic?

It's fun, has plenty of content and the replay value is insane. Is it a hardcore game or a game for the general public? In all honesty I don't really care. All I know is that i'm having a blast playing it and that's what matters.

I have yet to proceed past level 6 due to me constantly replaying stages to unlock the treasures. I may progress to stage 7 later though....maybe.

How many stages are there?

Been playing some multiplayer on this last night - wow. The Light vs Dark mode is very polished and for some bizarre reason I actually seem to be doing okay against random teams.

Gonna spend any downtime at work today playing through the chapters I've already completed on higher difficulties. Dem treasures, yo.

How many stages are there?

Interesting fact: when you look at most of the idols, you can spin and rotate them however you want. However, for characters wearing dresses / skirts, you can't view them from underneath!

...or...so I've heard...

Interesting fact: when you look at most of the idols, you can spin and rotate them however you want. However, for characters wearing dresses / skirts, you can't view them from underneath!

...or...so I've heard...

LOL. :laughing:

Wow! I didn't think there would be that many.
Ditto. Awesome stuff! icon14.gif

I'm not even half way through yet then. :)

Yeah, I was surprised at that number of chapters too, especially after the fake-out relatively early on in the game. The story just kept going in unexpected directions!

I'm currently trying to complete as many squares in Paletena's treasure hunt as I can - 97/120 done so far! There'll be a few I'm not likely to complete any time soon, though, like buying 30 weapons and StreetPassing with 10 people.

I'm currently trying to complete as many squares in Paletena's treasure hunt as I can - 97/120 done so far! There'll be a few I'm not likely to complete any time soon, though, like buying 30 weapons and StreetPassing with 10 people.

That one really annoys me as I doubt I will ever be able to achieve it. I think i'm on 70 odd/120.

But you can use the feathers to complete ones of your choice so just use them on the ones you won't be able to do.

Game is utterly awesome in every way. Including the fact that ANYONE who plays it even once will get severe arthritis... It's a bit like Ring.

Hey guys, quick spotpass weapon query, does the game need to be turned on and then put in to sleep mode to receive the spotpass gems? I didn't get one yesterday and not today either?

Make sure you have the option turned on in the options, I have a feeling it may be turned off by default, once you've done that just close your 3DS for a bit or wait until you're gonna turn the machine off, next time you turn it on you should have a gem... make a gem to pass on to others as well, use a weapon you have a double of as that should mean you'll get one if not drectly from Nintendo then in a spotpass from someone. :)

Holy shit! Weapons are bloody expensive!

I've only managed to accrue 15,000 hearts so far, and my average intensity is about 5.0 (though I do find myself whacking it up to 6 and finishing myself a lot!)

It's not just me who finds weapons ludicrously expensive is it?

Yeah, I've only bought one or two weapons. The best way I've found to get them is through online multiplayer - weapons I've got through that have generally had a higher rating than the ones I've got in solo mode.