NEurope
Retro_Link

Donkey Kong Country Returns

I'm still looking forward to it, but it is yet more proof that its not a DKC game. DKC games have Enguarde.

And seriously....the thought of waggling to roll makes me want to violently vomit. I fucking HATE pointless motion controls. I honestly....can't tell you how much I hate them. I completely don't see the advantage or why they would choose to do so. I cannot get my head around it,...just at all.

It's not a DKC game, the lack of Kremlins and Kongs prove that, it's far more targeted towards new gamers than the fans of the originals.

I'm still going to try my hardest to enjoy it and try not to be such a Rare fan boy but to have Country in the name and not have many of the features that made it great in the first place is stupid, it should be under another name to show it's different direction, like Jungle Beat.

And I was hoping for much more from the music, from what I've heard on YouTube the songs are pretty uninspired midi's of the originals and after hearing the great songs on Brawl, it's a huge disappointment.

But I was always going to be far more harsh on this than most, I'm as bad as those Sonic fan boys.

It's not a DKC game, the lack of Kremlins and Kongs prove that, it's far more targeted towards new gamers than the fans of the originals.

I'm still going to try my hardest to enjoy it and try not to be such a Rare fan boy but to have Country in the name and not have many of the features that made it great in the first place is stupid, it should be under another name to show it's different direction, like Jungle Beat.

And I was hoping for much more from the music, from what I've heard on YouTube the songs are pretty uninspired midi's of the originals and after hearing the great songs on Brawl, it's a huge disappointment.

But I was always going to be far more harsh on this than most, I'm as bad as those Sonic fan boys.

I'm still looking forward to it, but it is yet more proof that its not a DKC game. DKC games have Enguarde.

And seriously....the thought of waggling to roll makes me want to violently vomit. I fucking HATE pointless motion controls. I honestly....can't tell you how much I hate them. I completely don't see the advantage or why they would choose to do so. I cannot get my head around it,...just at all.

spm_complaining_425px.jpg

I love the originals but find the Kong Clan fooking annoying! I'm glad they're not in it, it's therefore an improvement already! Although the lack of other animal helpers is a bit of a downer!

I'm glad they've tailored the game towards fans though and got rid of all the annoying Kongs!

Oh and I couldn't care less about the Kremlings, it's about time they learnt their lesson... they can't beat DK!

...ok, so I say that with tongue in cheek, kind of. You can't say that this isn't being geared towards fans of the originals at all considering how many fans are looking forward to the game, myself included.

I actually am glad that they've gotten rid of the Kong Clan though, they were all annoying as hell.

Edited by Kav

Bwahahahaha holy shit, holy shit HOLY SHIIIIIT you made my day, post of the day easily :D

No Sonic fans are the complete opposite of most fans for games in the Nintendo series, while in the Nintendo series, 'fans' complain about the smallest shit that it's a joke.

Sonic fans eat shit and continue to eat shit and say how it's the greatest thing they have eaten. see...BIG difference

And seriously....the thought of waggling to roll makes me want to violently vomit.

Man this game is already awesome, I hope Nintendo continue to keep making games with waggle, you never know, you may look fit one day from all the throwing up! :D

First of all, yes, the waggle thing is bothering me too, from the sound of it.

However, reviewers and other gamers have both said that, despite this, the game is still pretty awesome. If an error in controls feels minor in comparison to everything else, that speaks volumes about its quality.

And if Enguarde was absent from DKC3, you wouldn't be saying that. Stop being pedantic.

And if Enguarde was absent from DKC3, you wouldn't be saying that. Stop being pedantic.

DKC3 isn't a DKC game....

( ;) )

DKC3 isn't a DKC game....

( ;) )

DKC isn't a DKC game.... DKC2 isn't a DKC game....you heard it here first.

You guys are all silly.

When it comes out over there, just try to sit down and enjoy it, don't tear it apart on all the small details. It'll make you enjoy it more.

That being said, I haven't played it again since that first night... but it's not the fault of the game at all... I've been playing Kinect instead... 'cause I gotta give that back in a few days.... sooooo yea.

I'm not saying its bad. I think I'm going to FUCKING LOVE it. I love 2D platformers.

Like Uncharted 2 is amazing. But it isn't a DKC game. :p

I'm not saying its bad. I think I'm going to FUCKING LOVE it. I love 2D platformers.

Like Uncharted 2 is amazing. But it isn't a DKC game. :p

I'm guessing the waggle is due to the lack of buttons when the controller is held sideways. One of the buttons seems to be jump, while the other is special move like jetpack as far as I know. I'm pretty sure the waggle isn't as bad as it is in NSMB.

They are trying to rope in non-gamers for this game as well as hardcore gamers. So the controller held sideways was the natural option.

spm_complaining_425px.jpg

I might have over reacted slightly but when key elements of a series are omitted it annoys me.

Like I said before, I'm not saying it's going to be a bad game, it actually looks quite good, but to have Country in the name and to miss out so many key features of the original games is crazy.

Here's a comparison, there are no Kremlins, K Rool or underwater levels and there are also hardly any animal buddies returning. That would be like if New Super Mario Bros. didn't have Goomas, Yoshi, Bowser or under water levels - It wouldn't make it a bad game but it would take away a lot of the Mario feel.

I'm just going to stop though, before I get flamed more :p

You should hunt down all the relevant Rare staff and ask them what they think made Donkey Kong Country what it is. See if their answer is "Kremlins, K.Rool and Kongs".

Personally I think their answer would have more to do with high quality, atmospheric and thoroughly challenging platforming gameplay. Also, fantastic visual polish tying the whole package together. DK himself is really the only thing that truly needs to retain constant.

Now I wouldn't consider Jungle Beat a "DKC" game but that's really only because the input method was so far removed from the series control scheme and the entire game design was centered around it.

So a Donkey Kong Country game must have Enguard in it which means Returns isn't a DKC game, yet DKC2 and 3 didn't have Donkey Kong (the title of the bloody game!) as a playable character but they're still okay?

That's like having a game called Mario 4 and having just Luigi as the playable character, but it's okay because Yoshi's in it.

if you buy this in mexico they give you a bag,shirt with the dkcr logo and with your purchase you'll automatically be in a competition to win an original DK Arcade.

the game is AWESOME.

The thing that makes DKC games DKC games are the fluid platforming (that is the number 1 most important thing) if there are multiple enemies in a row you should be able to boing from one to the next with a fluid bounce, whip the hair (back and forth) slash roll through multiple enemies, team up and throw each other to kill enemies or reach higher places...and such.

To me that is the most important thing. Personally.

Austin_Powers_Mike_Myers_as_Dr_Evil.jpg

Has someone been posting Super Paper Mario pics in this thread?

Edited by Fused King

Rez, from what I've seen you can bounce on a ton of enemies fluidly. Looks like Diddy's jet pack gives you the equivalent of Dixies hair spin.

Been mulling about online and aquatic ambience and the snowstorm tunes are in the game. Awe-some. Literally going ape sh!t for this now.

DKC Returns Aquatic Ambience music:

Edited by Josh64

Rez, from what I've seen you can bounce on a ton of enemies fluidly. Looks like Diddy's jet pack gives you the equivalent of Dixies hair spin.

Been mulling about online and aquatic ambience and the snowstorm tunes are in the game. Awe-some. Literally going ape sh!t for this now.

Have I missed something, or simply misread your post? Did you say the 'online' word?

Have I missed something, or simply misread your post? Did you say the 'online' word?
He means he's been looking around online and found out some of the music.

I really want this game. it is still too far away. Oh actually...its only just over a week away. I really...really want it.

I really want this game. it is still too far away. Oh actually...its only just over a week away. I really...really want it.

Oh wait, i get what your doing now, you've been pessimistic so that you enjoy it more when it gets here. Gotcha :wink: