NEurope
Retro_Link

Donkey Kong Country Returns

Yeh.. GAME have dropped the price to £34.99 but the t-shirt appears to be gone ::shrug:

Edited by nekunando

Just got an email from GAME saying they've dropped the price of the game (currently listed as £34.99 on the site) by £5 but they charged me the old price which I'm guessing they meant £39.99, but I preordered when it was £29.99 so I guess I'm getting this for £25 in effect, unless they have charged me £39.99 when they shouldn't have?

Same!

If I recall correctly, DKCR was only listed at £29.99 on their site for a few days around E3 time, so I'm guessing only a few of us ordered at that price, so they've sent the e-mail and £5 voucher code to all customers who pre-ordered, instead of just the one's who pre-ordered when it was £37-£39.99. Lucky us, but shame we have to use the voucher by the 14th of December!

Edited by welsh_gamer

Intended to cancel my preorder, since I'm trying to save cash due to not getting many/any hours at work recently... however, I wasn't quick enough, plus my driving lesson was cancelled due to the snow, so that saving essentially pays for this. Ah well, free t-shirt and a £5 voucher, can't complain!

This been mentioned in here before?

http://uk.wii.ign.com/articles/113/1137573p1.html

Donkey Kong Country Returns Free for Bunch of Bananas

GAME and Nintendo join forces for fruit-based trade-in at DK launch.

Nintendo and retailer GAME have announced that lucky punters can pick up a free copy of Donkey Kong Country Returns for Wii at launch in exchange for a bunch of bananas.

Donkey Kong Country Returns arrives on shelves in the UK this Friday, December 3, and GAME has revealed that the first 20 people to hit select branches with the aforementioned fruit fist will walk away with a copy of the game, absolutely free.

Three stores are participating in the promotion: GAME on Oxford Street, London, GAME Merry Hill, Dudley, plus GameStation at Prospect Centre, Hull. Oxford Street and Merry Hill branches open their doors at 9am this Friday while GameStation kicks things off a mite earlier at 8am.

Shopto have despatched = hope it comes tomorrow.

My copy from GAME is on its way but with the snow is REALLY bad in my area i'll be surprised if I get it on time. :(

Hi guys, new here.

I can't wait for Friday for this, DK hasn't had a proper game in years, I didn't really like those Bongo games, and DK64 was only OK really. Going to be epic.

^ That is AWESOME :D

My orders on its way! Wont be playing it until Christmas mind!

Also the advertising for this has been REALLY good! Especially the adverts with Ant & Dec on during I'm a Celebrity, Perfect!

DELIVERY GET!!!

First two levels done. This is fantastic. :D

Lucky bastard.

Still waiting for the postman here, snows not too bad, and it was posted yesterday so fingers crossed it'll be here soon.

Seriously the god's are looking on me today. It came at like...11:10 or something. Postman for the last 6 weeks or so hasn't been here till like 2-3pm. Its mental.

DELIVERY GET!!!

First two levels done. This is fantastic. :D

Excellent :bouncy:

I was expecting you to be quite disappointed with it initially given your almost sexual feelings towards Donkey Kong Country 2, but it bodes well that you're enjoying it so far :grin:

I feel bad that I'm not getting it right away but it would be cool if I could somehow get it for Christmas from my bro..

Mine arrived today too!!

Aaaand I've been playing it non-stop since this morning and loving it. I'm actually blitzing through it at some speed as it's so...God....damn...addictive.

It's all a bit much really.

Think I'll get back to it. Seriously. Retro = :bowdown:

The only thing I would have liked at the beginning:

This game is awesome! Only had time to play the first world but oh is this game godly, I still don't know how you'd go about comparing it to the original trilogy but considering the huge gap between this and DKC3 I think Retro have done a fantastic job and couldn't really have done any better even if they were given more time, what they have achieved with this though does seem to be nothing short of stunning. :D

As predicted I didn't get my game, freaking snow! :angry: I haven't a clue when it's going to show up now, so I may just nip in to Morrisons after work tomorrow and see if they have it.

Brilliant videos and impressions Rez. We should get them on the main site or something!

I'm adoring the game already. It just continues to get BETTER and BETTER. And...the climbing is just amazing. HOW did RARE not put more climbing in the original games (outside of ropes/rigging) as it just works so well.

The game is just about everything a fan of the original DKC (not the trilogy as a whole) could want. Rez, you were spot on when you said it's as perfect a 2D platform game can be without being the original DKC.

Utterly mind fizzling. The second world reeks of DKC2 too :D

Also the setting (coastal intro and "into" a jungle offshore) is exactly what I wanted DK64 to be like.

Reading everyone's post's is getting me so excited! I get paid tomorrow so I could easily buy this but I've been told, "Don't buy it because.... you might be getting it for Christmas :P"

OH GOD DAMN! THE WAIT IS KILLING ME!

Brilliant videos and impressions Rez. We should get them on the main site or something!

I'm adoring the game already. It just continues to get BETTER and BETTER. And...the climbing is just amazing. HOW did RARE not put more climbing in the original games (outside of ropes/rigging) as it just works so well.

The game is just about everything a fan of the original DKC (not the trilogy as a whole) could want. Rez, you were spot on when you said it's as perfect a 2D platform game can be without being the original DKC.

Utterly mind fizzling. The second world reeks of DKC2 too :D

Also the setting (coastal intro and "into" a jungle offshore) is exactly what I wanted DK64 to be like.

Cheers dude. :D Would be great if they were put on the main site (they contain the odd swear word, but I can reupload if it meant getting on the site :))

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Just did world 2 (apart from the boss) and a new level popped up. I was like "Que cest?!" and realised that...

Minor spoilers I guess

for getting all KONG letters in a world.

This temple is amazing.

Amazing. Best Wii game TBH.

------------

On first world temple now.

Sigh. Sigh. Sigh. This game is nails in places.

I'M A FUCKING LEGEND! HAD LIKE 30 LIVES, AND DID IT ON MY LAST LIFE! :D

As predicted I didn't get my game, freaking snow! :angry:
Same here. :weep:

I go bananas if it not arrive tomorrow! :mad::heh: