NEurope
Retro_Link

Donkey Kong Country Returns

I managed it easily with Diddy & Banana Juice. The Banana Juice was just for peace of mind. I didn't even get down to 7 on it which meant I would have been fine

Its the bit up until the barrels near the end, the really fast ones. I can do it with Donkey Kong on his own up until there...but that bit....its just horrible/.

:mad:

HA! Did both Bounce and Blast AND gold on the first level. GET!

I bow down to you good sir, for I have yet to accomplish either of those feats of endurance. :bowdown:

I bow down to you good sir, for I have yet to accomplish either of those feats of endurance. :bowdown:

Literally....I don't know...this tip might seem obvious, but I didn't have a hope in hell on Bounce and Blast until I figured the barrel bit at the end out....focus on a spot about a fifth or a quarter of a way away from the point at which you need to line up, and try and press when the barrel reaches that point. By the time the button press happens it should be perfect. From the path that its moving, ie not stopping for a nano second on the end. That sounds complicated. Basically just focus on the point a quarter/just less than that before!

And whilst I'm at it for the gold time trial....if you fuck up the first 6 or so seconds then you've lost, other than that the rest is pretty easy. Just make sure you jump and roll and then jump on the third bird (of the second line) that enables you to clear the double block/.

100% GET!

games002.jpg

I also unlocked this...

games001.jpg

So that's me done, bring on the sequel! :D

I just unlocked this too. Insanity. o_____0 Do you get anything else for doing that and jigsaw pieces on all levels? Or just Jigsaws I should say.

Yes! finally beat Bounce 'n Blast last night, I can finally get on with the rest of the game now lolz... :D [/OCD]

Prehistoric Path...

omgican'tbelieveidiedonmyLASTLIFEsoannoyingbutnowI'vebeatitandthegameisawesomeagainklulz

*goes back to the game*

Boulder Roller...

Wow... just wow.

So, the game is difficult? And lengthy? Worth 40€?

Worth 60'inserteurosignherebecauseIcan'tbebotheredtocut'npaste...waitthatmakesnosense' tbh... so yes it's definitely worth the asking price.

*goes back to playing DKCR*

There is every chance this could be sitting under my Christmas tree right now.. though, knowing my brother, it could quite easily be something like PDC World Championship Darts or Monopoly Streets :eek:

Just opened up the Temple stage 6-K... frustration ahoy!

*Edit* sodding electric bees! rawrarfhsdhmbsdhhhjk! :mad:

*Edit2* note to Retro for possible sequel(s) no more electric bees! (please) :(

*Edit3* Yes! 6-K done! *feels awesome* this game is amazing. :D

----------------------------------------------------------------

Gear Getaway... no words can describe...

I need to take a break from playing this game.

Edited by S.C.G

I also had the pleasure of attempting Bounce 'n Blast this evening.. :shakehead Managed it after an hour or so! Only three temples to unlock now!

Yeah, I also got to the Bounce 'n' Blast-temple and it was a devil! But I did it without Diddy and with full hearts left; I was so thrilled! The main reason for my dying was that the super bounce failed at times.

My London housemate has bought this and I had a play over the weekend, did the first two worlds. I couldn't believe how it was even for introductory levels (I knew you guys said but I just thought you were all pussies!!). Anyways, the game is fucking incredible, even better than I was expecting!! My girlfriend is not going to be happy with me christmas day when all I do is play this!! Even whilst eating christmas dinner!

I hate the rocket levels! Gladly, I have just finished Hot Rocket (8-2) and I hope that was the last one.

While walking out of Gamestation today I saw both Donkey Kong Country and New Super Mario Bros for £42.99!

Has the price of new release Wii games gone up, or are Gamestation maybe pushing the price up for Christmas?

While walking out of Gamestation today I saw both Donkey Kong Country and New Super Mario Bros for £42.99!

Has the price of new release Wii games gone up, or are Gamestation maybe pushing the price up for Christmas?

Gamestation, clearly trying to rob people blind as you can get both games combined for that price if not a lot less.

The latter. People don't have much choice at this point, internet deliveries probably won't arrive in time, and most people not totally savvy in buying games will just go to a shop with "game" in its name. Totally unfair of the stores.

I got this game today, well I got it a few days ago but saved it for today, and so far, it's not too bad. Played the first 5 levels and I do think the controls make it harder than it should be. And it certainly likes to throw lives at you - having amassed almost 40 by the time I finished playing.

It's difficult not to make comparisons to the originals but when you do, apart from level length, it doesn't match up so far.

Having to stop every 5 seconds to ground pound or blow doesn't help for the flow of the game. On repeated runs, it wouldn't be an issue but it doesn't help the first time round.

I mainly agree with Cap Falcon, but I imagine I'll start to love it more later on. I can't fault the level design, the soundtrack or the visuals, but the controls are feeling a little slippy. Maybe it's because I spent much of the past few months playing DKC and DKC2 with a Classic Controller, but I can't quite get comfortable with either control scheme on this. Classic Controller support would have been preferable for someone like me.

But yes, my nitpickings would disappear if I got comfortable with a control scheme. Things like ground-pounding, blowing flowers and rolling probably wouldn't feel at all interruptive if I could play with some rhythm.

Donkey Kong Country Returns was sitting under the tree this morning, thanks to my brother, and I've invested about 3 hours into it already.. (It has been a really quiet day..)

Anyway, I'm enjoying it a lot but it seemed really weird to begin with. It's a great game, though and I'm still only half way through World 3 :heh: I'm not entirely convinced by the blowing, though :indeed:

Right. I gave DKC 3 a miss this year to give DKCR the best chance possible to not be overshadowed. I've just done Jungle Hijinx and... its soulless.

I want to like it but... apart from the classic music, the game doesn't feel like a classic. Nice touches are that the springy tyres are back and if you hop up into DK's treehouse there's still a life there. :hehe: The crap things are the bad guys, the controls :(, is that pig Trough or Scoff from DK 64? Either way... :nono:, Diddy's added jetpack help doesn't feel instantly useful and why oh why is DK collecting jiggies? That's Banjo's job! :cry:

It better win me over or tapedeck and ReZ are dead. Aka getting banned. :heh: