NEurope
mcj metroid

Sonic Colours

Hmm, the visuals looks pretty good...hope the Sonic fans finally get a decent game :D

Ngamer review is in. They gave a nice 86%.

The only reviews I tend to trust are gametrailers because they back up their points with footage, but Ngamer can go either way.. it's a solid title it seems anyway but still not "classic" status but getting there.

Ngamer review is in. They gave a nice 86%.

For a Sonic game, high 80s would be a damn good score, considering everything that's been and gone lately with that franchise. What's more if it scores in high 80s that'll be a step above Sonic 4, which is currently averaging around 75% on gamerankings.com.

By all accounts Sonic 4 ain't that good, plus I've already stated the download only status of the game and the fact it's in episodes will hurt sales. This game could easily eclipse it in both review scores and in sales...

Some things NGamer said in the review

- Knuckles and Amy aren't in the Wii game at all (they make an appearence in the DS one, though).

- The powerups are more like wonderful toys, with various ways to use some of them.

- Doing well in a level will means that interesting stuff happens in the background (didn't a racing - possibly F-Zero GX - game do something similar?)

- Lots of exploration without sacrificing sense of speed, with lots of hidden medals that unlock stuff.

- The game is mostly 2D sections (which is where the game shines). 3D sections are visually impressive but don't play very well.

- Medals unlock Game World, a retro themed-area (with blocky text and MIDI-style music) with singleplayer and co-op levels.

- You can replace Sonic with your Mii in co-op mode.

- The cutscenes actually worth well.

So, exactly what I wanted.

Man, the Wii is a paradise for platform games. Super Mario Galaxy 1&2, New Super Mario Bros Wii, Kirby's Epic Yarn, Epic Mickey, Donkey Kong Country Returns, and now this.

I don't have so much money!

For a Sonic game, high 80s would be a damn good score, considering everything that's been and gone lately with that franchise. ...

I dunno I think review scores have been MORE than kind to sonic games in the past.. Sonic and the secret rings kept getting high 80's and that was a pile of wank.

Oh no! I'm not getting tricked again.

I've played every single 3D Sonic over the years with hope, faith and ignorance of review scores in my heart, but I'm not going anywhere near this. I think another crushing Sonic disappointment would actually kill me. I can't take that risk.

Oh no! I'm not getting tricked again.

I've played every single 3D Sonic over the years with hope, faith and ignorance of review scores in my heart, but I'm not going anywhere near this. I think another crushing Sonic disappointment would actually kill me. I can't take that risk.

From someone who actually played Unleashed... This actually looks pretty good. I say, watch the videos and see if they're to your liking.

O_O

This game has nine zones with 7 acts and tons of multiple routes.

From someone who actually played Unleashed... This actually looks pretty good. I say, watch the videos and see if they're to your liking.

God damn... don't tempt me. I really can't handle another blow if this all goes wrong.

God damn... don't tempt me. I really can't handle another blow if this all goes wrong.

Here's what we'll do: we'll play it first and we'll tell you, ok? :heh:

Edited by Jonnas

The game is mostly 2D sections (which is where the game shines). 3D sections are visually impressive but don't play very well.

This is the worry!

This is the worry!

Sonic Unleashed took some time to get used to, but once you did, it played well. Sure, waltzing through stages was still hard, but not in a frustrating way* (unless you think that beating the stage with a B Ranking is the same as dying). I think this escapes many reviewers.

*Except for the stages with the sled. Fuck that sled.

This seems like a Sonic (mario) Galaxy, if you see what i mean.

Music is similarish, world map, impressive visuals and a potentially excellent game.

Or maybe i'm seeing/hearing things.

I'm not quite sure why Sonic doesn't run in his Sonic Adventure way anymore (which worked fine)... he seems to sort of glide and slide a lot more of the time now, and can only move left and right sort of thing.

This game keeps looking better and better every time I see it. If you compare the movement of Sonic in these video to how he moves in the Wii version of unleashed, it is very different. He looks to move like he does in the HD games and I couldn't ask for more personally.

I'm not quite sure why Sonic doesn't run in his Sonic Adventure way anymore (which worked fine)... he seems to sort of glide and slide a lot more of the time now, and can only move left and right sort of thing.

I know what you mean - I think it's designed to help be able to keep you running forward whilst still be able to dodge oncoming obstacles without completely changing direction. Like a kind of auto correct on your movement.

Reminds me of how in the 3D F-Zero games, if you push to control stick left or right whilst on a straight, you don't just turn into he wall, you tend to glide across the track instead. But when you come to an actual corner, you'll go round it fine. Not sure if there is some auto adjusting going on there but it always kind of felt like it.

ok so I have to say had no interest in this but now Sonic 4 has made me think Sonic does still have a place and I've watched gameplay vids of this and it looks good to be fair..

Here's what we'll do: we'll play it first and we'll tell you, ok? :heh:

That sounds solid. I may LoveFilm it though, lower risk and less disappointment when I realise it sucks.

second review is in, this time from nintendo power:

Sonic colours (wii) gets a 9.0

Sonic colours (ds) gets a 7.5

Its known that Nintendo power gave sonic unleashed and sonic and the black knight an 8 and secret rings an 8.5. But the one who wrote the review for sonic colours responded on neogaf.

I wrote the Sonic Colors review for NP, and for what it’s worth, I didn’t review any of those previous titles. If I had, I probably would have given Sonic and the Secret Rings a 7.0 and Sonic Unleashed a 6.5. (I haven’t played through Sonic and the Black Knight yet.) I’m not saying that to throw my colleagues under the bus–reviews are just one person’s opinion–but to help folks calibrate where that 9.0 for Sonic Colors is coming from. It’s a hell of a lot of fun, and I think you guys are really going to enjoy it.

Sounds very good to me, im curious about gametrailers and ign's review. If both of them score the game similar to nintendo power and ngamer, that we finally got the first good 3d sonic game in 10 years:bouncy::bouncy:

Here is the latest trailer showing the rest of the wisps and further proof as to why we should all be looking forward to this game.

Edited by Captain Falcon
Because I don't always finish what I start when I should

Here is the latest trailer showing the rest of the wisps and further proof as to why we should all be looking forward to this game.

Even after working his trickery, it stops... unless it's just on my end...

Looks really good and worked fine for me!

Looks really good and worked fine for me!

It was me - I was updating flash but didn't finish before I started doing stuff and I'm going to assume that's why it wasn't working right.